Skeletons in the Closet

2»

Comments

• edited March 2007
    LKr wrote: »
    but out of all those things, all I really want in the closet is a still tied-up Leonard!

Really, the whole reason I made this thread was to talk someone into getting Leonard into that closet. (And no, I am not joking about someone's lifestyle preferences either, not that there is anything wrong with that.)

So, Telltale, whas Leonard a last minute addition to the closet due to LKr's suggestion? Or just a very funny coincidence?

I guess the latter as he did have a few lines of mumbled dialogue which would be harder to organise in the short time frame between LKr's post and the gametap debut of the episode.
  • edited March 2007
    Don't forget the lines Sam says when you point various items to him.
  • edited March 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    it will probably be the president (i think the whole puppet not just his head) because max made one of his "can we keep it" comments after they broke the president
    we can all remember culture shock when max asked if he could keep bradys hair............. and he did
    Zeek wrote: »
    He makes the same "Can we keep it" comment when you talk to Sam after
    the interrogation of Leonard
    . I don't know where he says it in Eps. 2, however.

Ooh, I totally didn't catch the string of "can we keep it" comments for the items eventually placed in the closet. Though I don't really remember that from the first episode. I'll have to go back and play through that again.
  • edited March 2007
    jp-30 wrote: »
    So, Telltale, whas Leonard a last minute addition to the closet due to LKr's suggestion? Or just a very funny coincidence?

I guess the latter as he did have a few lines of mumbled dialogue which would be harder to organise in the short time frame between LKr's post and the gametap debut of the episode.

Having played the beta for ep 4, I will just say to you to read your answers you gave above and that is your answer.
  • edited March 2007
    I think the Lincoln hat will be in the closet for ep 5. Too bad I have skipped to play the testing for that ep since finals is comming up
  • edited March 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    Having played the beta for ep 4, I will just say to you to read your answers you gave above and that is your answer.

I had 2 theories, one more probable than the other. Your answer doesn't really help me narrow it down with any certainty though. So if you'd be so kind as to say what was in the closet in the beta, that would be great.
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    jp wrote:
    So if you'd be so kind as to say what was in the closet in the beta, that would be great.
    A tied up Leonard. I don't think he said anything though, just wiggled. :)

Oh dear, I hope Dave and Brendan don't come after me for saying that... You haven't seen the legal agreement. :eek: ;)
  • edited March 2007
    Thanks Mel.
  • BrendanBrendan Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    We had Leonard stuffed in the Episode 4 closet before you even played Episode 3!
  • edited March 2007
    Anyone get into the now locked closet at Sybil's in ep 4? No spoilers please, I just wanna know if it can be done, I thought for sure there was something important in there. I'm going nuts trying to open it. Or is it perhaps part of the ominous setup for ep 5?
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    Brendan wrote: »
    We had Leonard stuffed in the Episode 4 closet before you even played Episode 3!

<head spins>

:D
  • edited March 2007
    Brendan wrote: »
    *gasp*
    So...if Leonard was stuffed in the closet before we even played Ep 3...that means that it really was Boris Krinkle in Ted E. Bear's impersonating Leonard Snakecharmer.
    :p
  • edited March 2007
    jp-30 wrote: »
    I had 2 theories, one more probable than the other. Your answer doesn't really help me narrow it down with any certainty though. So if you'd be so kind as to say what was in the closet in the beta, that would be great.

I said it as such since like Mel said, telltale made us sign a two page i left my answer like that since I am not sure if we can discuss about the beta even after the game release. However, if there is something changed from the beta to the final game, I will certainly not mention it at all.

All I said is that you answered your own question on both accounts from you saying it is problematic through there on forth.
  • edited March 2007
    I got a feeling it would be the meatball sandwich. I remember in the first Sam And Max, there was a sandwich on the floor that Max fed to his ant farm.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm kind of confused on what doom saber is saying but I'll say I can't even remember. Or much of anything from that game. Gee, was that Saturday? Telltale must put short term memory loss drugs in the pizza.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm kind of confused on what doom saber is saying but I'll say I can't even remember. Or much of anything from that game. Gee, was that Saturday? Telltale must put short term memory loss drugs in the pizza.

All I am saying is that JP guessed right with his post.

Out of topic, but did you went to UC Davis? I am currently helping a professor collecting data for his research on rats and one of his assistants, who graduated last quarter, said his friend also play tested the ep 4 for sam and max. Wondering if that is you since there wasn't a lot of play testers when I was there for ep 4.
  • edited March 2007
    Telltale must put short term memory loss drugs in the pizza.

We just call those Pepperoni.
  • edited March 2007
    Ooh, I totally didn't catch the string of "can we keep it" comments for the items eventually placed in the closet. Though I don't really remember that from the first episode. I'll have to go back and play through that again.
    In the first episode,
    watch the Eye-Bo tape
    to hear the first "Can we keep it?" comment. It's at the very end.
    Geekzer wrote: »
    Anyone get into the now locked closet at Sybil's in ep 4? No spoilers please, I just wanna know if it can be done, I thought for sure there was something important in there. I'm going nuts trying to open it. Or is it perhaps part of the ominous setup for ep 5?
    There's nothing important in there pertaining to the episode. It could very well be an set up for Episode 5.
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    I got a feeling it would be the meatball sandwich. I remember in the first Sam And Max, there was a sandwich on the floor that Max fed to his ant farm.

"That's the tuna fish sandwich I made last spring."
  • edited March 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    All I am saying is that JP guessed right with his post.

Out of topic, but did you went to UC Davis? I am currently helping a professor collecting data for his research on rats and one of his assistants, who graduated last quarter, said his friend also play tested the ep 4 for sam and max. Wondering if that is you since there wasn't a lot of play testers when I was there for ep 4.
    There's a UC Davis sticker on the back of my car window, but that's because I have family members that went there. I go to high school in San Rafael. And I didn't playtest 4, just 5. Unless I just forgot that I playtested 4, which isn't unlikely.
    tabacco wrote: »
    We just call those Pepperoni.
    But I had the veggie!
  • edited April 2007
    I missed Max saying
    "can we keep it?"
    in episode 5. :confused:
    So, what do you think will be in the closet in episode 6?
  • edited April 2007
    One of the
    C.O.P.S.
    , perhaps?
    We don't seem to find out what happens to them.

On the other hand, since 6 is the last episode of the season, I wonder if the closet items will play some bigger part.
  • edited April 2007
    I guess the
    goggles
    , but that would maybe be to boring.

Edit: why not the
    Respect for Living Things
    ? :D
  • edited April 2007
    I've got a friend here claiming Max asks to keep the
    corporation eating monster from Reality 1.5
    . Not sure if it's true or not, I can't remember, but I'll play through it again later and check.
  • edited April 2007
    Edit: why not the
    Respect for Living Things
    ? :D

I can think of a very good reason -
    Max wouldn't be Max if he had Respect for Living Things
    it would have to be something physical (remember their real possessions have Reality 2.0 counter parts, but not visa versa) and related to that case - the half elf costume would probably be too small, the goggles too obvious and boring, where as one of the C.O.P.s would be great - what with their ability to speak.
  • edited April 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I've got a friend here claiming Max asks to keep the
    corporation eating monster from Reality 1.5
    . Not sure if it's true or not, I can't remember, but I'll play through it again later and check.

Yep! I remember that. :)
  • edited April 2007
    look at - corporate presence....

THe huge, hulking Corporate Presence shambles low to the ground, snuffling for something else to satiate its hunger

< Click to continue. >

Max: can we keep it sam, can we?
    Sam: i dont think its toilet trained
    Max: Thats ok, neither am i
  • edited April 2007
    I hope they keep the Ping machine from the COPS so we can listen to random funky computer tunes :)
  • edited April 2007
    I can think of a very good reason -
    Max wouldn't be Max if he had Respect for Living Things

He don't need to have it, he might as well just trapped it to mess around with it's former owner :p
    But yeah... Get your point...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.