Plushie Max (with pics!)

edited December 2011 in Sam & Max
I made this thread instead of putting this in the fanart thread well, because there's way too many pics, and also because this isn't exactly a drawing.

Anyway, as I said before, my kid is 5 and wanted a plushie Max for Xmas so I thought I'd make one. It's ready! I tried to make him as accurate as possible.

pmax1.jpg

Max is sturdy enough to stand on his own, but he needs to be propped against something. I made it this way so he could sit down. He's somewhat articulated, I made him a skeleton with a ton of pipe cleaners. I would have needed a thicker wire to actually be able to pose the arms, but since it's for my kid, I decided it might be dangerous.

pmax2.jpg

It's good to relax!

pmax3.jpg

Woo! Shake it baby!

pmax4.jpg

Fighting crime is tough work!

Did I mention he talks?

That's right, you poke his belly button and he goes "Oooh I got it, I got it!". Thanks for William Kasten for providing the voice. I totally ripped it out from The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball. ;)

Also thanks to Steve Purcell for creating these awesome characters and for personally answering my question about the colors for Max's feet. Woot!

pmax5.jpg

Hahaha, you crack me up Max, I mean Sam!

pmax6.jpg

Wait a second, I DIED????

pmax7.jpg

Happy Holidays, kids!

pmax8.jpg

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Nice work.... now make me one.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm pushing my "WANT" button over and over for this.
  • edited December 2010
    It looks SO FLUFFY *____*
  • edited December 2010
    Anyway, as I said before, my kid is 5 and wanted a plushie Max for Xmas so I thought I'd make one.

Really? Your kid certainly has a good taste :D

And it talks? ****ing awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    Best Max plushie I've seen yet! The head looks great and overall proportions are very good. If it were just a little less lumpy I could mistake it for a professional one.
  • edited December 2010
    The lumpiness is partly uneven sewing, which is my fault. But it's also partly the fault of the flash. It looks nicer in real life :D

Now that I think about it, I think I need to add the toes, they're missing!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Amazing! Now I'm sad we don't have a voice line of max saying "death from above!" for you.
  • edited December 2010
    Cute! He looks like he'd be so fluffy and soft, hahah.
  • edited December 2010
    That is adorable! :D Amazing job!
  • edited December 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Amazing! Now I'm sad we don't have a voice line of max saying "death from above!" for you.

Thanks. Since I'm planning on changing the line from time to time, I guess this means you guys have to use that line in Season 4 ;)
  • edited December 2010
    IT TALKS. OMG.. it's the most beautiful thing ever... *Q*
  • edited December 2010
    Awesome Work!

If it's available to buy i would like to buy one!
  • edited December 2010
    I would like to, but since Max it's not my character, I don't think that would be kosher :)

Hopefully they'll get an official plushie Max soon...
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sure that Max wouldn't be considered kosher anyway. He probably bathes in Bacon Grease or something.
  • edited December 2010
    Dammit, I could hug one all day. Awesome job. D: I want one.
  • edited December 2010
    Is it possible for you to put up a video of somebody activating the voicebox? God, I want one SO BAD.
  • edited December 2010
    I'll see if it can be done :D
  • FlyFly
    edited December 2010
    It's adorable! I want to cuddle it forever! He'd probably chew my head off but I don't care!
  • edited December 2010
    Hahah, thanks :D

Still gotta make that video...

I'm also toying with the idea of making the Lugermorph and putting some velcro on it so it can be attached...
  • edited February 2011
    OH god! It's so cute! :D I love it a lot, really well made. And it's nice to hear your five year old kid loves S&M! Really nice!
  • edited February 2011
    i'll take 1, 2 if you have a sam
  • edited February 2011
    Hohohoho! Now plushie Sam, that would be something :D

My kid really loves her plushie Max. It's that special friend she brings along to listen whenever I'm reading her a book.

:D
  • edited February 2011
    I still have not received mine.... You sent me one right?
  • edited February 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    My kid really loves her plushie Max. It's that special friend she brings along to listen whenever I'm reading her a book.

Oh my gosh that is the cutest mental image.
  • edited February 2011
    I have to agree, that sounds just adorable :3
  • edited February 2011
    Oh my lord, he's bloody adorable.
  • edited November 2011
    Shut up and take my money!

No, seriously, how much are you thinking of selling this for?
  • edited November 2011
    I'm auctioning one, soon. Probably.

Thing is, a RL friend asked for one. I said okay, but you have to pay for the material, the voice box, and stuff. She said yes.

And now, if I know her well, she's having second thoughts and I'll probably be stuck with a second Max in my house.

One Max is enough! :D

Anyway, auction soon.
  • edited November 2011

Thing is, a RL friend asked for one. I said okay, but you have to pay for the material, the voice box, and stuff. She said yes.

And now, if I know her well, she's having second thoughts and I'll probably be stuck with a second Max in my house.

Anyway, auction soon.

This makes me wish I had my own credit card.
    Argh!
  • edited November 2011

Anyway, auction soon.

Yay! I'll be on the lookout for said auction! :D
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Tora, best thread necro ever. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Jake wrote: »

Remedy this!
  • edited November 2011
    Tora, best thread necro ever. ;)

Pff, thank you, I suppose?! I got linked to this thread on Tumblr from the person who made the Max plushie, so I had to bump since she mentioned selling or auctioning it.
  • edited December 2011
    It's so fluffy! lol, Very huggable. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.