Felt guilty about young Emmet SPOILERS

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Did anyone feel like a total jerk when you got the drill from young Emmet the whole scene where he looks disappointed ,after finding out that you are not from the patent office was heartbreaking.

I felt a jerk and that was the only scene I didn't like in the game.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'm with you. It was very well written, yes, but I felt real bad for Emmett. I think that that was probably the turning point and something's going to sway him. Though I think the scientific urge is still there, or he wouldn't have called out to Marty again.
  • edited December 2010
    One of the best scenes of the episode. There's nothing like a good betrayal.
  • edited December 2010
    I felt a jerk and that was the only scene I didn't like in the game.

I felt like a jerk AND liked the scene VERY much BECAUSE it made me feel like a jerk. I love this scene.
  • edited December 2010
    It really was heartbreaking.
  • edited December 2010
    I was my favorite because it is so obvious it's gonna bite back Marty in the future. or past
  • edited December 2010
    I thought it was so farfetched that Marty just walks up to the cell and says "ok Doc Im gonna drill now" and starts drilling without having at least a few words with the Doc to know he's there. He just walks up and starts drilling. Not a big deal, I know but struck me wierd.
  • edited December 2010
    So did I, but I think it was intentional on TTG's. The whole lab scene was one of the best in the game.
  • edited December 2010
    It was sad.... But it was the most brilliantly emotional part of the episode... I love that Marty felt he had to tell Lil Doc part of the truth...
  • edited December 2010
    According to the future Emmet, he never recieved the patent anyway so these events probably didn't discourage him from being a scientist. I think his arguement with his father might have effected him in some way though...
  • edited December 2010
    That has affected him, also his first experiment was supposed to be a spectacular failure at the expo. Also, Marty does say to him, "You're gonna be a great inventor." Doc might not get the humbling experience from the expo.
  • edited December 2010
    Totally agree. The scene before that was so intense, and then that bit just stopped me in my tracks.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, that one was a little bit of a 'Wham' moment, especially considering the argument he has with his father before that, too.

A dick move to be sure, but it just made the scene one of the standouts in the game for me.
  • edited December 2010
    I felt terrible after this scene, but it's not like if Marty had gone through continuing to lie to Emmett it would've been any better outcome. D: I'm glad Marty did tell the truth to Emmett, but.....agh, poor Emmett. D:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.