"here's something your kids are really gone like.." -_-

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
After every Monkey Island episode having some sort of spelling / transcribing error, you'd think that Telltale would have some sort of internal QA section, or even a plaintext of the script you could read over to catch them.

At the very least, you are probably paying a salary to the person who types those in. Maybe he should be gently reminded that his job is to get it right?

I found this one after less than three minutes of playing, my first time through. How could you miss it?

You could even post a plaintext in here, and the community would be able to help iron it out. I - and I am sure many, many others - want to see animated adventure games return to the spotlight, and Telltale is their best hope. A little polish would go a long way. No reason to get a lower Metacritic score for something that would take less time to fix than reading this post does.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    more (again, first playthrough)

"At least I need to know the year" for "I need to know the year, at least."
  • edited December 2010
    Criminal! Completely ruined the game for me!!

Lighten up buddy.
  • edited December 2010
    "fluxy" for "fluxing"..
  • edited December 2010
    MIcoo11 wrote: »
    Lighten up buddy.
    I'm more than happy to buy all of their releases.

There is nothing wrong with me trying to help them easily release a better-quality product, that will get higher ratings, that will sell more units, that will let them make more games.

This isn't "wah wah I want 4D graphics and a holographic butt-scratcher", this is proofreading.

By turning a blind eye to easily-fixable mistakes, you only hurt the company in the long run.

But, keep acting childish. It's helping. -_-
  • edited December 2010
    McMasters wrote: »
    At the very least, you are probably paying a salary to the person who types those in.
    Doubtful. It's probably an intern, based on the sheer number of typos alone. :p
    "fluxy" for "fluxing"..
    But he does say "fluxy". It's a nice twist on the line from the movie.
  • edited December 2010
    Boy, those new people are surely aggressive.

McMasters is kind of right but... WHY are y'all eager to childishly argue whenever someone points out a little mistake?
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    McMasters is kind of right but... WHY are y'all eager to childishly argue whenever someone points out a little mistake?

Sorry for rising to the flamewar, there. I just want to see Telltale make it big, and when an article says:

"Unfortunately, the subtitles are riddled (which you know is said if there is even one little mistake) with spelling mistakes, a sign that Telltale isn't quite up to the polish of the big leagues."

You know it isn't getting that magic Metacritic 90. Adventure games already start in the dumps review-wise, so every little bit helps, you know?
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know, I've seen plenty of small spelling errors or grammatical mistakes or slightly off subtitles in very successful and critically acclaimed games from very big companies. Most people understand that sometimes it just happens. It's hard to catch everything, especially when your game is so dialogue-intensive.
  • edited December 2010
    During "About Edna Strickland":

Socializing is "soicalizing".
  • edited December 2010
    I don't know, I've seen plenty of small spelling errors or grammatical mistakes or slightly off subtitles in very successful and critically acclaimed games from very big companies. Most people understand that sometimes it just happens. It's hard to catch everything, especially when your game is so dialogue-intensive.

That's just not true, considering I'm on my first playthrough right now, and I've caught a number of them, and I'm not even really looking, I just happen to have the window open.

This is quite literally a single player's three-hour playthrough. That's not 'hard' in the least. In addition, there's esoteric stuff, and then there's Word > Spellcheck. How hard is it to catch 'soicalizing'?
  • edited December 2010

Name ONE RPG, ONE adventure game, and one recent action games (metal gear solic, Uncharted, etc... everything but call of duty of course) that had less dialog.

Ps : you won't find any.
  • edited December 2010
    Minor bit - on the back of the wagon, you say "you're still in dange-", written is "you're still in-".

Tiny, but if I'm making a list, little things might as well go on it too.
  • edited December 2010
    That's all I've got.

A quick list, for ease of use:

- "here's something your kids are really gone like" > "here's something your kids are really gonna like"

- "fluxy" > "fluxing"

- "soicalizing" > "socializing"

- "you're still in-" > "you're still in dange-"

Excellent ending for the first episode, the 'next time on' bits really help generate buzz for the upcoming content. Kudos!
  • edited December 2010
    - "fluxy" > "fluxing"
    Again, I just want to point out that this one is actually correct.
  • edited December 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    Again, I just want to point out that this one is actually correct.

Really, I was sure it was "fluxing" in the movie.
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Really, I was sure it was "fluxing" in the movie.
    In the movie, yes. In the game, it's "fluxy".
  • edited December 2010
    Yea, so shouldnt the audio and subs be changed in the game to fluxing?
  • edited December 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Yea, so shouldnt the audio and subs be changed in the game to fluxing?

Who says it should be the same with the movie?
  • edited December 2010
    ok, I see what you mean.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.