Picture of Marshal Strickland...

On my second playthrough, when I clicked on the pictures in old Edna's apartment, there is one of Marshal Strickland from BTTF3. Edna says that he was gunned down by Mad Dog Tannen about 100 years ago. Marty then whispers, "That's not how I remember it."

Do you guys think that this is a hint that something might be wrong with the time line?

Or do you think that Mad Dog might have broken out of jail after the events of BTTF3 and just killed Strickland then.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Or do you think that Mad Dog might have broken out of jail after the events of BTTF3 and just killed Strickland then.

Obviously. I don't think anybody that didn't time travel can remember a different reality...

And I'm not sure mad dog had any offspring in BTTF 3.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2010
    On my second playthrough, when I clicked on the pictures in old Edna's apartment, there is one of Marshal Strickland from BTTF3. Edna says that he was gunned down by Mad Dog Tannen about 100 years ago. Marty then whispers, "That's not how I remember it."

Do you guys think that this is a hint that something might be wrong with the time line?

On the behind the scenes features on the DVD, it's stated that Marshall Strickland was killed by Mad Dog Tannen, but they left it out of the movie because it made audiences want Marty to kill Mad Dog in the duel, rather than just knock him out. And they obviously couldn't have Marty kill anyone in the past.

I might be remembering wrong, but I think that Marshall Strickland wasn't actually at the fight at the ending in the movie. So that scene could have been implying his death due to the deleted scene.
  • edited December 2010
    Watch the deleted scenes for BttF3

Edit: Jennifer beat me to it.
  • edited December 2010
    It was a reference to a deleted scene in BTTF 3, where Tannen shoots the Marshall. That is why it is the deputy who arrests Tannen, in the end. The Marshall is dead, the scene deleted and it was, I guess, decided not to be important enough to get the actors back for a 5 second bit with the Marshall instead of the deputy, once the movie was being edited.
  • edited December 2010
    Here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74GXevHQKms

Great scene for me, a fantastic homage to Leone, I believe...
  • edited December 2010
    Wow, I actually never knew that. Thanks guys :)
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, that deleted scene was about that event. Also, I believe Marty's line: '...Not how I remember that." because Marty & Doc weren't there when the Marshal was shot. (they were too busy trying not to get shot themselves or trying to catch a train)
  • edited December 2010
    It's good that the game is actually canon-izing deleted scenes and secondary publishings such as novels, etc.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.