Demo vs. Paid Version

I downloaded the demo for PA a day or so ago and just finished it up today. As I was playing I kept thinking at any moment some message will pop up and ask me to buy the game, but this never happened and I played all the way through to the credits. Can anyone tell me what more I would get out of buying the game? (Outside of showing support for TTG)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    NeoKeanu wrote: »
    I downloaded the demo for PA a day or so ago and just finished it up today. As I was playing I kept thinking at any moment some message will pop up and ask me to buy the game, but this never happened and I played all the way through to the credits. Can anyone tell me what more I would get out of buying the game? (Outside of showing support for TTG)

Where did the demo end plot wise.
  • edited December 2010
    I loved the demo so much i bought the full game on steam yeasterday :)
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, I think it might be broken, like the Bone: Act 1 demo was a while ago. I've gotten to the part where the furnace breaks without anything stopping me. Is the demo supposed to go that far? (By the way, I love what I've seen so far!)
  • edited January 2011
    Sinker182 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it might be broken, like the Bone: Act 1 demo was a while ago. I've gotten to the part where the furnace breaks without anything stopping me. Is the demo supposed to go that far? (By the way, I love what I've seen so far!)

The furnace in that inn?
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah. When the
    gnome steals a section of pipe.
  • edited January 2011
    Sinker182 wrote: »
    Yeah. When the
    gnome steals a section of pipe.

Well I sortof forget how far that is in the game but for a demo I'd say a bit too far.

I think that is about half way into the episode though.
    Is the demo the story without the optional puzzles cause that isnt a good idea.
  • edited January 2011
    I think it has optional puzzles. What about these:

The puzzle in the newspaper in the back of the inn.
    The two puzzles where you help the waitress.
    The one where you find which gnome in the display case is missing.
    Where you help the crazy guy in the lobby of the inn.
  • edited January 2011
    Actually, I know for a fact the demo is supposed to end when the gnome steal the pipe, as it's the first real horror bit of the game.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, then I know the demo is broken; I've actually retrieved the pipe and am now at the actual puzzle where you fix the furnace. It's hard.:p
  • edited January 2011
    Well, if you've solved the puzzle and continued the game then maybe it really is broken, but have you?
  • edited January 2011
    i played the demo but it let me play the wholl game i just beat it
  • edited January 2011
    No. I'll have to try it.

Edit: I just solved the puzzle, and I'm continuing with the game now.
  • edited January 2011
    NeoKeanu wrote: »

Well, if you saw a
    guy getting carried away by the red gnomes through the Eraser Factory
    in the end, then you know you beat the game.
  • edited January 2011
    Ninja wrote: »
    Well, if you saw a
    guy getting carried away by the red gnomes through the Eraser Factory
    in the end, then you know you beat the game.

Hey, Ninja!!

I played the demo version yesterday and it ended right when that happens!!
    What is the difference between demo and played?
    Any different puzzles?
    I'm looking at a lot of sites and every one just talk about the same puzzles I've solved...
    I was almos buying the paid version to see what happens after that!!

:eek::confused:
  • edited January 2011
    If you actually got into the eraser factory and solved the puzzles there then you beat the game.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah... That happened... =)

It's a great game... But I could really play all of it on the demo version...

Strange...
  • edited January 2011
    Just curious if this "demo" version was something you got when you bought Back To The Future. Because if that's the case, then it's not really the demo version. You got the full game as a bonus to that.
  • edited January 2011
    ricfwolff wrote: »
    Hey, Ninja!!

I played the demo version yesterday and it ended right when that happens!!
    What is the difference between demo and played?
    Any different puzzles?
    I'm looking at a lot of sites and every one just talk about the same puzzles I've solved...
    I was almos buying the paid version to see what happens after that!!

:eek::confused:

Well here are my thoughts. Either:
    1. The authorization server responded with a valid unlock flag when you started the game (possible)
    2. You bought Back to the Future and got a free copy (likely)
    3. You got a cracked version when you went to download it (doubtful)
    4. You got it from the adventure bundle that Telltale did (maybe)
  • edited January 2011
    Ninja wrote: »
    Well here are my thoughts. Either:
    1. The authorization server responded with a valid unlock flag when you started the game (possible)
    2. You bought Back to the Future and got a free copy (likely)
    3. You got a cracked version when you went to download it (doubtful)
    4. You got it from the adventure bundle that Telltale did (maybe)

I think the first one is the closest... because:
    1. I downloaded the game through the 'demo' link at the game page.
    2. I just bought Back to the Future yesterday... After finishing Puzzle Agent.
    3. No, I did not get a cracked version. I download it through the game page.
    4. I don't think it's the adventure bundle because I didn't buy anything. Nor downloaded. Just the Agent Puzzle demo.

One thought that I had was:
    Maybe this Pilot is free and who bought the game will be able to download the next episodes... Maybe?
  • edited January 2011
    ricfwolff wrote: »
    One thought that I had was:
    Maybe this Pilot is free and who bought the game will be able to download the next episodes... Maybe?

I would love that but prob. not since plenty of us got it for free through back to the future so 2 seasons for barely the price of one seems a little off.
  • edited January 2011
    I downloaded the demo today and was pleasantly surprised to have gotten the full game.
    I haven't bought any games to have been given the game free.
    I'm not complaining though!;):D
  • edited January 2011
    I downloaded the demo today and was pleasantly surprised to have gotten the full game.
    I haven't bought any games to have been given the game free.
    I'm not complaining though!;):D
    I wonder if Telltale knows they're giving the game away for free, then.
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe they're too busy - as usual - rushing and hurring for games conversions on the 134th new hardware platform, to notice and beta-testing even their own safety procedures.
    The Free-Game-Instead-Of-The-Demo bug it's just another bug on a Telltale game, just like the Save bug on Poker Night or the missing cutscene trigger in BTTF.
    But for once the bug is against the software house and not against the player.
    I'm sorry that they're giving away the game for free, and losing money, but it's what they deserve for having too much projects going on and too few (or poor) beta-testing.

Where are the old TT games that were technically almost perfect and without bugs from day-0?
  • edited January 2011
    We've known about this for a while and are working to take it down. The demo hasn't been a demo since we fixed to work with the high end video cards.

But it's not something we can just press delete on.
  • edited January 2011
    @Bloody

Telltale is not like Nintendo, Treyarch, or Sony, they are making awesome games like these in a month, you can't exspect them to be perfect. Telltale has never delayed a game....... Have they?
  • edited January 2011
    @Bloody

Telltale is not like Nintendo, Treyarch, or Sony, they are making awesome games like these in a month, you can't exspect them to be perfect. Telltale has never delayed a game....... Have they?

They delayed sbcg4ap because they didnt know how bad nintendo's approval system was.
    That is why tales came out before the wiiware version and how puzzle agent has yet to come out.
  • edited January 2011
    @Bloody

Telltale is not like Nintendo, Treyarch, or Sony, they are making awesome games like these in a month, you can't exspect them to be perfect.

If I go in a restaurant, I want food properly cooked.
    If they give me uncooked meat, I don't eat it even if they have a quick-super-fast-ultra-speedy service.
  • edited January 2011
    If they give me uncooked meat, I don't eat it even if they have a quick-super-fast-ultra-speedy service.
    But if the Restaurant was small and had a lot of orders, would you wait for 2-4 hours to bring you a properly cooked food or for 40 mins to bring you a not so cooked one?
  • edited January 2011
    What about fast food? Properly cooked food in a matter of minutes, but it's certainly not gourmet.
  • edited January 2011
    markeres wrote: »
    What about fast food? Properly cooked food in a matter of minutes, but it's certainly not gourmet.
    But Telltale makes new games, they don't heat them again.
  • edited January 2011
    Shut up, Your making me hungry. How did this conversation switch to food anywho?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.