Episode 6: The Ride

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    just finished playing game loved every moment more than enjoyed the ending have not seen a good ending in a game in a very long time... Brought all memories back of the movie looking so much forward to episode 6. When is it going to be released?.. ive started playing it here again for the second time with starting on the 3rd episode..

Please Please finish the Journey for use.. Thank you
  • edited November 2012
    there is no ep6

only a possible potential rumoured season 2
  • edited November 2012
    Its kinda sad, there wasnt put more work into going back in time. i mean like actually sitting in the delorean, punching in the numbers, then driving up to 88mph. A huge missed chance, but again, its probably because of engine limitations i would imagine.

I really hope they are working on some Next Gen tech.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I cleaned the thread of the insult comments. Please don't insult other members. Let's keep the thread polite from here on out.
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Its kinda sad, there wasnt put more work into going back in time. i mean like actually sitting in the delorean, punching in the numbers, then driving up to 88mph. A huge missed chance, but again, its probably because of engine limitations i would imagine.

I really hope they are working on some Next Gen tech.
    The engine is the same that powers The Walking Dead (albeit an improved version), so it's not an engine limitation. In this case, it's definitely a game play limitation (for instance they did have driving in Sam & Max, so it's technically possible). They skewered the game play towards the really casual and tried to keep things as simple as possible.

I'm actually not really sure what benefit you could get from driving the DeLorean up to 88 yourself since it would add too much to the game without much reward (driving straight until you hit 88 really doesn't seem like it would add much to a game that's all about story, and honestly, it would make for a pretty tedious mini-game if you had to drive it manually every single time you time jumped).

However, I definitely agree with you though that actually entering the dates could be really fun. It reminds me of the old Bill and Ted game for PC where you entered the dates and there were some fun places to go outside of the regular path if you entered the unused dates from the manual. Though, in that game they used the "call could not be completed" line to show a date that you couldn't go to and it worked since the time machine is a phone booth. I'm not sure what kind of similar thing Telltale could do if you entered the wrong date, since the DeLorean should be able to take you to whatever time period you want (at least from 0 AD to 9999 AD), and the game can't reasonably be expected to do that. ;)
  • edited November 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    However, I definitely agree with you though that actually entering the dates could be really fun. It reminds me of the old Bill and Ted game for PC where you entered the dates and there were some fun places to go outside of the regular path if you entered the unused dates from the manual. Though, in that game they used the "call could not be completed" line to show a date that you couldn't go to and it worked since the time machine is a phone booth. I'm not sure what kind of similar thing Telltale could do if you entered the wrong date, since the DeLorean should be able to take you to whatever time period you want (at least from 0 AD to 9999 AD), and the game can't reasonably be expected to do that. ;)

I sense the perfect use for that old adventure game standby, "I can't do that right now." :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.