Everything Must Go!

edited December 2011 in Sam & Max
So I must have MVD surgery and well, telltale is now very low priority for me

Im looking to sell everything I have related to sam & max (quite a few neat items)
Some Im not sure what they are worth which is why im posting here.

I have pretty much everything sam and max ever sold by telltale
one thing I want an opinion on is the old
Fizzball print... mine is in decent condition but it would be hard to ship if sold and its the old paper
which brings me to lucasarts mags (every single one)
both pins
the pen
3d art relief (of the original game box cover)
stickers, old books and new, most have custom art in the fronts. some are personalized so I doubt anyone would pay much for those.

I also will be selling my L studio jacket from the S&M cartoon in canada.
Its in prestine condition, but wont fit tall or large people (im tall and its short in arms)

I wouldnt know how to price these things, I just know what I paid

any suggestions or shall I just ebay and see from there?
was thinking at least the devout would be here.. and im not amazon prices.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'd recommend auctioning them all on eBay, then posting here with the links. You might get more money than just selling them straight off, plus people may be more willing to buy with the backing of eBay's security.
  • edited December 2010
    ebay? secure?
    HAHAHA

wow..

its paypal I trust not ebay.. and even then only until 30-45 days your covered.
    Ebay takes far to much and for not knowing what something is worth.. it would really suck to A. sell it for what I paid and know its far less than its worth
    B. have it go to someone not on site.

if it was as easy as .. just tossing it on craigs list or ebay I wouldnt be here... now would I?

suppose most just dont want S&M stuff. Minus the books.
    pinchpenny thanks for .. well not much help with the pricing.
    ive never had luck linking to ebay from forums..

and ive sold stuff in the past for other reasons.
  • edited December 2010
    Fizzball Print pic?
    And I have absolutely no clue if I'll be able to buy any of this stuff.
  • edited December 2010
    I would certainly buy some of your stuff (especially the jacket since I lost the first one I saw on eBay a few years ago). But I wouldn't feel comfortable buying something off of a message board that doesn't set any ground rules about selling stuff...

eBay is the best way to go. If I was selling these items, this is what I would try to sell them for:
    Fizzball Print - Not Sure since I've never seen one.
    Lucasarts Magazines (all) - $50-100
    Pins - $15-25 (I bought an used one for $10)
    Pen - $15-25
    3d Art Relief - I saw this on eBay for $169. Way too overpriced, I think. Maybe $50.
    Stickers - $10
    Books - Depends on the edition and what is in it. Try for regular prices.
    Jacket - Depends. One sold for around $200 (I think it was a large) while one sold for $100 (it was size small).

Keep in mind, it's after the holidays and people are trying to save their money.
  • edited December 2010
    Do you have a picture of the Fizzball Print and could you specify what the books are and their condition.
  • edited December 2010
    I would absolutely buy something, especially if that something were a Season 1 Case File or either one of the two sketchbooks.
  • edited December 2010
    Fizzball print this is not my copy! just someone I founds in high res.
    It used to be sorta common on ebay but I got mine from steve.
    SORRY ITS SO BIG im bad with html picture sizing, there is a way to make this smaller until you click on it I believe (sorry mods)

3r-sam_and_max-fizzball.jpg

I have ever version of every book from purcell or telltale directly.
    every version but someone has dibs on the books for really cheap I think already
    what is "regualr price"
    its like I have all the ORIGINAL sam n max tee's but now they have the reprint so my original san diego shirt is what .. worth 20$ "regular price"?
    lost at what that means for the books!
    its again the main reason I posted no clue what that is as only amazon exists and books are rarely seen on ebay and if they are.. well they dont go for "regualr prices"
    also the old books used to be 100$ each now like 20$ each even for the old hard back.
    Sigh see my problem? lol

As for the Jacket.. 100$ I paid more for it long ago... so yea thinking its worth in between 1-200$ its condition is perfect. (shipping is hard on it as its fully a flight jacket almost leather if not suade of sort lol)

The 3d relief I bougt it for (yes high price but I was obsessed)125$ + shipping so selling it for 50$ might not work.. maybe 75 to start I want to try to at least make what I paid or close.
    but its a nice start thanks.

pins are 25 minimun sealed in packages!
    no clue what used means unless you mean no bag, but then all pins are really used just with a bag or not.
    (mine are sealed in individual ziplock mini's)

The lucasarts mags go for 5-10$ EACH sometimes less if you can find them at all. not sure though again some of the early ones have that paper comic fans love to hate.
    (new spray to neutralize it thats cheap now not lots like it used to be)

I have a few season 1 case files (cant find the singles at the moment)
    as well as the bundle for season 1 that was a BUNCH of things one of which was the season 1 case file.
  • edited December 2010
    It sounds like you've practically sold the books, so I don't see the point in advertising them here. I don't understand what you want. Are you looking for pricing or are you looking for an offer by someone? I'd say you'd make more from posting your products on an internet auction site than posting them on a forum.
  • edited December 2010
    sausy my intent wasnt to sell them here, not fully
    it was more to get what the value would be when I do sell them..
    after which I was going to offer a discount if anyone wanted to buy such items that belonged to this sites forums.
    as for books no.. not ALL only the main two I think people are looking for, and im selling them retail, ("effigy" and "the age of") I think 20$ was retail
    but other books and even comics exist..
    why list them huh?
    im shocked at your hostility toward me.. seems unwarranted
    which book(s) were you looking for mate?

EDIT: note the fizzball print says in the last box on bottom..
    "Thanks to Art Adams, Mike Mignola and Scott Mignola for selfless aid in
    research and development"

Steve told me a story about how this was apparnently a real past time in his ahem past..
    :P kids dont try this at home.. even with soda!
  • edited December 2010
    I'm interested in buying "the age of s&m" from you. PM me please.
  • edited December 2010
    eBay may have its flaws, but at least it makes clear what is being offered and for how much, and produces/requires some commitment on the people involved. It also makes buyers feel safer; I doubt Paypal would do much with a complaint about a deal with a random guy on a forum.
    So all in all I have to second Pinchpenny's suggestion here. You can set a reserve if you're worried about not getting what you feel these things are worth. Obviously you could go through some other site instead if you prefer, but eBay's reputation and popularity do have their upshots as well.
  • edited December 2010
    I don't intend to act hostile but I couldn't understand some of your posts. I to am looking for the sketchbooks and perhaps the coloured version depending on how much your looking to sell for. If your looking for help with pricing I'd put the price of the original print of Surfing the Highway higher than the reprint.
  • edited December 2010
    Im not a fan of ebay, nor its protections. Id go on something like craigs list before anything else. I can guarantee anything but the shipping and that can be insured..
    again im more lost on pricing as amazon sets effigy for 500$ haha and age for what 280? its a joke imo.
    as for my older tpb or hard copies .. sausy I had the same thought myself about older being worth more but the new version seemed to make the old worth less on ebay as no one wanted the old.. after the new came out

Its another reason I asked about the 3 original shirts
    1 was the reprint sold at TTG store only the original from SD's con.
    again dont know the value vs the new since you can get the new one for cheap

this again is more why i posted here. that and I figured someone would want some of these sigh

forget it. Seems most see this incorrectly or something. This isnt a scam
    anyone even know what MVD is? google it.. fun stuff.. im freaked and well
    nm..
  • edited December 2010
    ebay? secure? HAHAHA wow.. its paypal I trust not ebay.. and even then only until 30-45 days your covered. Ebay takes far to much and for not knowing what something is worth.. it would really suck to A. sell it for what I paid and know its far less than its worth B. have it go to someone not on site. if it was as easy as .. just tossing it on craigs list or ebay I wouldnt be here... now would I? suppose most just dont want S&M stuff. Minus the books. pinchpenny thanks for .. well not much help with the pricing. ive never had luck linking to ebay from forums.. and ive sold stuff in the past for other reasons.

eBay and PayPal are run by the same company. How can you trust one and not the other? If your item sells for a certain amount then that's roughly what it's 'worth' as it is the maximum that someone is willing to pay for it. We can't tell you how much something is going to go for. Someone may state a price they'd be willing to pay, but another person may top this. eBay allows that in a buyer-protected environment. Take no personal offence, but I wouldn't be willing to PayPal you some money without a guarantee that you're actually going to send me the item.
  • edited December 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    I wouldn't be willing to PayPal you some money without a guarantee that you're actually going to send me the item.

This is exactly the reason that eBay is successful. I've been scammed only once on eBay, and misled only once. This is out of hundreds of transactions I have personally participated in. There is no reason not to trust eBay unless you are planning on buying something ridiculously expensive from someone with zero feedback via mailing them some cash, or something insane like that.
  • edited December 2010
    Wow ok
    this went from me trying to get help to a debate over ebay

can i safely say that I can dislike whatever I want?

Shodan you are not right, ebay is popular for the same reason apple is still around. People know it and understand it..and they are USED to it. Period (see the myspace to FB to twitter coversion for reference)
    Ebay doesnt cover anything international, even a 2$ item ebay cant help with...and most countries dont offer insurance without making it 40$ usd

Also Ebay wont put money on my starbucks card, nor does ebay cover anything post wise where paypal DOES and can.
    Now I dislike BOTH... as both pretty much rape ya, but in my experience ebay has hurt me and paypal has only ever screwed me once on a pre order from a year earlier. (they have a 45+ something day limit they cover you on.

as for not trusting ebay, I dont. As for its sellers and snipers well thats a give or take. but ebay itself, and its team. no no.

can we get back on topic? or maybe launch your own ebay hate vs love thread or something?
  • edited December 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    eBay and PayPal are run by the same company. How can you trust one and not the other? If your item sells for a certain amount then that's roughly what it's 'worth' as it is the maximum that someone is willing to pay for it. We can't tell you how much something is going to go for. Someone may state a price they'd be willing to pay, but another person may top this. eBay allows that in a buyer-protected environment. Take no personal offence, but I wouldn't be willing to PayPal you some money without a guarantee that you're actually going to send me the item.

when you send paypal money you send as PURCHASE ON EBAY
    and walla you are COVERED for almost 2 months..
    so, no clue WHAT you are talking about on this paypal thing.
    I send and get money on paypal all the time without the need for ebay, in fact its mainly how I got most of my old stuff.. OFF ebay..not on.
    And paypal was in play..
    never once ripped off, ... ebay .. oh italy alone ripped me off 6 times, germany 2.. lets not get into the uk..
  • edited December 2010
    One of the crew jackets went for $215 another $212.50
    The combined stickers and floaty pen went for $272. This might give you some sort of benchmark.
  • edited December 2010
    wow really?
    wait stickers and a pen were 272 for just stickers and a pen? are you sure no book was with it?
    as for the jacket.. when was that sale, I dont look on ebay for sales lately.

also any advice on what to start my shirts? (have all the TTG ones but im talking about the original SD comic con shirts.)
    Or say my comics even the hellboy xmas special or such
    for when I use ebay or said other methods (craigs list) etc
  • edited December 2010
    When you say...
    I have pretty much everything sam and max ever sold by telltale

... Does that include the season 1 case file? I'd buy it off you if it does!
  • edited December 2010
    The merchandise was sold in late 2008 the description:
    A "shelf-talker" (No idea what this is)
    Sam & Max floaty pen
    Two badge-shaped window stickers
    An oversized vinyl display of the stickers
    Three stickers from the 1992 San Diego Comic Con Booth

The jacket that went for $212.50 sold in 2008 and $217.50 in 2009, haven't seen any since. Not sure about shirts someone else might know a bit more. Out of interest do you have a copy of the Gumby Winter Fun Special written by Purcell?
  • edited December 2010
    oh i remember that lot!(over priced but wow it was a good one)

the shelf talker was a cardboard display think that sorta is bent to stand up to display
    it was flat at the time (jake, might want to list that zak mckracken stand up... its waay cooler!)
    waves fist..one day.. one day.. (ive only seen 2 in existance of the zak nose display and one had no glasses)

also one of those stickers (think the large) was really rare.. it was reversable and I still dont have it, though steve swears its in his desk still with my name on it.. (which desk idk)
    thanks for the input saucy and all, getting a better baseline now..

as for gumby yes I have 2 from the man himself but it shouldnt be as hard to find as others .. should it?
  • edited December 2010
    season 1 case file?
  • edited December 2010
    Not that hard to find but the shipping is criminal, if I buy some stuff of you I may buy it aswell.
  • edited January 2011
    ahem sorry the holidays tripped me up quite a bit.
    Saucy You live across seas? (im in california) I can prolly get you that winter fun for almost nothing if you want. Ive even seen them in shops for like 1$ -2$ .. local shops..
    odd I know, same with the adventurers, just not the old old ones.
  • edited January 2011
    throw up some pics allready I won't consider spending anything until I get to see what you're selling (the jacket sounds cool tho post that one first)
  • edited January 2011
    i am sorry for your surgery :/

if you happen to have the tf2 max item,i would be really interested in it

i hope everything goes well with your surgery
  • edited January 2011
    I live in Australia. Hope your surgery goes well aswell.
  • edited January 2011
    I hope everything goes well during your surgery. From a fellow SamMax-anite, I'm sorry that you have to sell this stuff.

If you have anything left over I'm sure there people who'd still be interested in purchasing it (myself included).
  • edited January 2011
    sorry all
    I had another, ear head issue..
    1st Id like to thank you all for baring with me and for the kind words, esp ZERO and Sausy
    Sausy! Sent you a pm, might be a gumby heading your way free, just might take its time to get to ya!

moving on.
    @REDM
    some link of a back of the jacket until I can get my copy up
    last one I saw sold for 208$ near the symbiote preorder era
    SnM_-_Jacket.JPG
    yes sorry pictures shoulda been a first, some of the problem is, its hard to take pics of some of the stuff (not the jacket lol thats easy)

Whats worse is I made a huge post and the thread either timed me out or didnt like so much text and code in one post :P
    had tons of pictures
    I have all purcells RUNEQUEST books (he did covers on) example below
    ah85711.jpg
    as well as alll the comics of course
    and a rare story board from my mate in canada working on the show sold this online (3 pieces non purcell drawn!)
    SMstoryboard1.jpg
    SMstoryboard3.jpg
    wizard 1997 w/ sam max
    Wizard97Strip.jpg
    Fox Kids mags 2 copies x 2 = 4
    FoxKids97Aut.jpg

and I asked in the post that erased, how much the books were worth since someone here told me to start at a baseline, but ive not seen the new ones sell and old well ive ranged them from 15$ to 250$ for the old 1st edition hardback.. that was BEFORE the release of TTG's push.

After that those books went for like 20$ on ebay, so yea
    sorry pictures up soon
  • edited January 2011
    I miss bobby's world, and life with louie. Also, is that peter parker in the background?
  • edited January 2011
    woah did you need to quote all of that! lol
    yea i miss all of the old fox cartoons
    and most from like Freakazoid era (kids wb)
    no clue who that is in the background though im sure I could figure it out.. the one with the camera near the de soto?
  • edited January 2011
    It is Peter Parker
  • edited January 2011
    hmm sorry again away at the doctors/hospital
    pictures incoming by tomorrow.
    at least partially

also not listed before but owned was the original dual western print offered at tantrum comes with a cool sheet saying how purcell was going to have a website called spudvision and a book!
    where is the book!!!
    darned blogs take all the fun outta a great book, hope he makes it one day..
  • edited January 2011
    Cardboard Stand out worth wah?
    DSCN1099.jpg
    DSCN1100.jpg

PINS 1 and 2 never taken off the backs! (I have 2 of the max pins but the 2nd is used)
    DSCN1073_2.jpg
    DSCN1075.jpg

Trading Card (pretty cool no clue what its worth!)
    DSCN1105.jpg
    Signed promo sheet bought from old lucasarts museum owner long ago(what a collection that guy had again no clue the value)

Front and back below

DSCN1103.jpg
    DSCN1104.jpg

3d Relief GERMANY ONLY! Front and back and angled
    DSCN1109.jpg
    DSCN1111.jpg
    DSCN1113.jpg

ORIGINAL COMIC CON SHIRTS
    DSCN1116.jpg
    DSCN1117.jpg
    DSCN1118.jpg
    TTG shirts (have all of them but no clue what they are worth elp?
    DSCN1127.jpg

Season 1 case file(s) x2 (really 3 but one is on hold already)
    DSCN1124.jpg

Hard to find Hellboy Xmas and various other comics just ask again I have most purcells stuff
    I dont think I need to post like Hero or defenders of series
    DSCN1120.jpg

Symbiote Statues x 2 .. 1 unopened
    Symbiote mini's FROM Symbiote studios
    DSCN1121.jpg

Season 1 SET (came all together with poster not shown here)
    DSCN1125.jpg

The tantrum western prints I talked about(sorry for the bad pics let me know if they should be better
    DSCN1129.jpg
    DSCN1132.jpg

BOOKS All my TPB and hardcopy are 1st edition
    Hardback comes limited #13 and has custom watercolor and penciling!
    DSCN1133.jpg
    DSCN1135.jpg
    DSCN1136.jpg
    TPB
    One has this in the front, I think it will effect the value badly :( let me know?
    DSCN1156.jpg
    Another has this in front
    DSCN1159.jpg

Wonderful word of comics interview/review
    DSCN1139.jpg
    DSCN1141.jpg
    Animation Mag
    DSCN1138.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry Im poor with html img sizing, seems I can do nothing in terms of sizing it or it looks funny :( also sorry if it seems like spam im not sure protocol on this sort of thing, if I shoulda just linked to the PB or not idk.

here is the jacket it a bit more detail dont mind the white fluff
    Its size L but fits like XL as its bomber style.. just not XL arms lenght wise..

DSCN1160.jpg
    DSCN1161.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    I want a season one case file! How much?
  • edited January 2011
    Again, I'm interested in "the age of S&M" if you have it.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm interested in the first and third Comic-Con t-shirts. But what are the sizes?
  • edited January 2011
    wow uhh forgot to add one of the watercolors from the tpb ( with no name to me just his)

also the shirts are in order as follows

XL=cactus
    XXL=freelance shirt (popsicle...sorry only size they had)
    XL= booga booga max

XL and L of the TTG shirts

WATER COLOR FROM THE missing page up top... its the other side of the wrinkled paper
    very awesome and colorful,
    DSCN1134.jpg
    no clue again what the value of ANY of this is worth, its sorta why im here..
    sure I can toss it on ebay and see where it goes for it all but at what end and start? ahh
Sign in to comment in this discussion.