Bug - Straight Flush counted as just a Flush

The Heavy was just given a much lower score than he should have.

Including his 2 cards, there were 6 clubs on the table - Jack, 7, 6, 5, 4, and 3. I don't remember which cards the heavy was holding, but the Jack wasn't one of them. He should have had a straight flush, using the 3,4,5,6,7 of clubs. But instead the game only recognized a flush, and it showed Jack, 7, 6, 5, 4.

I mean, he still won the hand, but this seems like a major bug.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    they count only the highest cards
  • edited December 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »

No because then an ace would beat a straight of 2 3 4 5 6.
    This is a bug.
  • edited December 2010
    Maybe three was a spade. In only shows the cards briefly, so, it's easy to mix it up if you're using some weird decks.

I have never even been able to make a straight flush (nor any of my opponents) so, I don't know if there is a bug or not.
  • edited January 2011
    I've seen a screenshot (pre-patch, but who knows if the patch did anything to fix it) showing the game registering a straight flush as a flush, so it's plausible.
    seibert999 wrote: »
    Um, no. They count the highest five-card hand that can be made with the seven cards. "Highest hand" doesn't mean "highest cards": A five-high straight flush beats an ace-high flush.
  • edited January 2011
    The only time I've seen a straight flush was the other day, when Tycho got one. (Oddly, Wilbur sounds less excited about it than he does about the four of a kind.)

I've never seen a royal flush. Supposedly the characters have some special reactions to it. Anyone have a video of this? The only thing that's on Youtube is one of those stupid "waste your time" videos that proclaims to have five royal flushes in a row--a 1:420,000 chance--but is instead just fifteen minutes of the characters staring at the table.
  • edited January 2011
    Kyronea wrote: »
    The only time I've seen a straight flush was the other day, when Tycho got one. (Oddly, Wilbur sounds less excited about it than he does about the four of a kind.)
    Wilbur
    Wilbur

I take it you are not a monkey island fan?

His name is Winslow.
  • edited January 2011
    XD at the above, although i never get straight flushes so i wouldn't know of this glitch.
  • edited January 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I take it you are not a monkey island fan?

His name is Winslow.

Oh for crap's sake, I can't believe I did that. :( (I blame my horrible tendency to mess up names. At least it was a W name that was vaguely close, unlike some of my complete mess-ups.)
  • edited January 2011
    This is still a bug.

What happened:
    I was dealt the 5d, 6d. I have been trying for a straight flush and was well over everyone at the table.
    I believe Max bet ~5.5k preflop and Tycho called.
    As you can see, flop was 2d, 3d, Th.
    Max went all in. Tycho called with just change.
    As I was ~5% to get the straight flush, I called.
    Turn was Qh and river was 4d.

Max was holding Tc, Jc.
    Tycho was holding Qc, Ad.

As you can see, for whatever reason, it says "Flush" and the straight flush cards are counting down. (Could this be part of the problem?)

While I still had the best hand and won, I did not get awarded the correct winning hand (e.g Flush instead of Straight Flush) and thus no Steam achievement credited (I did verify I was connected to Steam at the time as my friends list was visible).

Screenshot:
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1192/pokernightattheinventor.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    I feel like this game is still on beta-testing.
    And we are the beta-testers.
  • edited January 2011
    I would just like to add that I too have been cheated out of this achievement by it not registering correctly. Solid work Telltale...
  • edited January 2011
    Confirmed - IS a bug. I beat Tycho with a 9-high flush (9h-7h-6h-5h-4h), however he had 8h for a straight flush but it gave me the win instead of him.

Edit: Won a hand with a 5 straight, and it showed it as "A-5-4-3-2". Don't know if that would have any weight on the SF bug but it could.
  • edited August 2011
    Same Issue here:

http://picfront.de/d/8iWg
    http://picfront.de/d/8iWf
    http://picfront.de/d/8iWe

It is impossible to get the last Achievement. Weird bug!

greets Mitch
  • edited April 2013
    I guess this is still not fixed. This just happened to me...4-5-6-7-8 clubs. The hand label CLEARLY says "flush" but it also CLEARLY says "8-7-6-5-4" of clubs in the upper left, so there is absolutely no possibility that the game tried to use different cards.

Furthermore, there were no other clubs in my hand or the river that could have been in the flush.

I definitely won the hand (and the game for that matter), and even screenshotted at both moments so that there could be no mistake.
  • edited April 2013
    I guess this is still not fixed. This just happened to me...4-5-6-7-8 clubs. The hand label CLEARLY says "flush" but it also CLEARLY says "8-7-6-5-4" of clubs in the upper left, so there is absolutely no possibility that the game tried to use different cards.

Furthermore, there were no other clubs in my hand or the river that could have been in the flush.

I definitely won the hand (and the game for that matter), and even screenshotted at both moments so that there could be no mistake.

Chances are it will be only be fixed for the sequel. Telltale Games is allergic towards patching their games.
  • edited April 2013
    I guess this is still not fixed.

TTG usually does not fix bugs unless they are completely gamebreaking. They hate us, you know.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.