If Max is the Id and the Narrator is the Super Ego is...

edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
Sam Jr the Ego?

Sam_Junior.png

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Naw, Max is decidedly the Ego. He's just an Ego that listens almost entirely to his Id, which I always figured were the Flaming Max heads.
  • edited January 2011
    Naw, Max is decidedly the Ego. He's just an Ego that listens almost entirely to his Id, which I always figured were the Flaming Max heads.

We don't even know if New Max has an Super Ego, it's possible though, in retrospect. But is it a second narrator, or those flaming max heads.
  • edited January 2011

I think id is Maxzilla. Which fits the violent and animalistic nature of the id.
  • edited January 2011
    The Ego is Sam.

"So that's why I always feel an overbearing presence just out of my field of vision, watching and judging my every move."
    "That's me, Max."
  • edited January 2011
    Randulf wrote: »
    The Ego is Sam.

"So that's why I always feel an overbearing presence just out of my field of vision, watching and judging my every move."
    "That's me, Max."

So that would mean that the Narrator was really trying to take control of Sam, and Max was really Sam's Id! Shit just got allegorical!
  • edited January 2011
    So that would mean that the Narrator was really trying to take control of Sam, and Max was really Sam's Id! Shit just got allegorical!

Shit has never been, nor will ever be more allegorical.
  • edited January 2011
    Wow...that's deep...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.