The Bug of Sammun-Mak

OetOet
edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
Trapped in a two dimensional wall? Escape without turning 3D!

Pretty weird bug though... It is even possible to have Max as both a cow and normal Max at the same time!

tomb_of_sammun_mak_bug.png

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Best. Bug. Ever.

Did it effect the gameplay at all? Did it ever fix itself?
  • OetOet
    edited January 2011
    Sure, it affected the gameplay. Depends on your actions whether it restores itself or you get trapped by this bug. I think you can do this two ways.

WAY 1 (Your bust is not yet split):
    * Mess around with the bust until you can "illegally" walk over the left (like in picture 1)
    * If you've put the bust on the right side, you can "legally" walk over there :)
    * Use Max's power while you're on the far right side in 2D
    * Return as 2D Sam in the wrong place!

WAY 2 (your bust is split and you made it to the other side in 3D):
    * Use the opening on the far right which unveils an opening below
    * Make yourself 2D again
    * Click on the newly created opening below while in 2D
  • edited January 2011
    cool bug story.nice work
  • edited January 2011
    XD They look like biscuits that way!
  • edited January 2011
    Whoops.

Pretty elaborate visual exposition on a bug. Hardly see that, nowadays. Thanks. :D

Also, did it wear off after the reel was finished? Or did it continue on into other reels?
  • OetOet
    edited January 2011
    It was not possible to finish the reel. When the ending movie begins, all your icons and stuff disappear first. However, the movie never begins. I think I wasn't even able to go back to the menu, so I needed to reboot the game and finish the reel in 3D.

It's a buggy bug.
  • edited January 2011
    That's quite awesome.
  • edited January 2011
    This actually happened to me too, but I wasn't able to explore everywhere in that form. I was rather stuck on the side of the wall where Yog Soggoth's statue head was hanging down and I couldn't get back on the side where I'm supposed to.
  • edited January 2011
    I experienced another bug in pretty much the same place. When standing ontop of the ledge in 2D I used some toy (I think it was future vision) on one of the two 2D wing guys and I got stuck on the wall, because the camera got stuck in a way as if I'd be looking through the Sam's eyes and I couldn't talk to the wing guys to get released from the wall.

So this part of the game seems to be quite buggy =/
  • edited January 2011
    Sam & Max -Devils Playhouse-Episode 3 -Fight in the arena with Sammun.
    There is a extra white large frisbie-like object in the middle of the screen. I could not move it or see the select dialogue behind it. This frisbie has popped up before but didnt stay long. The righthand comments never refer to this object?
    I didnt receive a reply from support regarding issue 42584.
  • edited January 2011
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    XD They look like biscuits that way!

Yes it is...
  • OetOet
    edited January 2011
    dore wrote: »
    Sam & Max -Devils Playhouse-Episode 3 -Fight in the arena with Sammun.
    There is a extra white large frisbie-like object in the middle of the screen. I could not move it or see the select dialogue behind it. This frisbie has popped up before but didnt stay long. The righthand comments never refer to this object?
    I didnt receive a reply from support regarding issue 42584.

I have seen this frisbie-like object too sometimes when trying out the bug of Sammun-Mak. Has something to do with the camera viewpoints I guess.

Talking about Episode 3 (They Stole Max's Brain!) I found another bug. Seems I'm on a roll :). When you get an Accessory of Privilege by casting out Stinky, you can try to enter Stinky's (the cafeteria) again. Stinky then reemerges (BUG!). You can repeat the casting out two extra times and you have three accessories while actually having only one. As a consequence, you never have to drive to the scene with the money betting rats or do the whole toaster thing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.