The Telltale Five... and the possibilty of Sam & Max Season Four being announced.

edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
So yeah I'm sure you all heard that Telltale has announced that they will reaveal 5 new episodic games on Feb 17th (The Walking Dead pressumed to be one of them, but thats another topic). So yeah I'm predicting and hoping that Season 4 will be anounced in those 5 projects. Think about it, Sam & Max being more or less Telltale's main franchise and The Devil's Playhouse not only being the most succesful of the 3 seasons but also leaving a lot of possibilty for a sequel due to that controversial ending, IMO so it would be a no brainer for Season 4 to be announced in Feb. 17

That my opinion, leave your opinion on as well and vote on the poll if you like.

Sam & Max Season 4 & Tales of Monkey Island 2 FTW! :D

Comments

• edited January 2011
    If they're going to sequel anything, its more likely n the following order: ToMI (with LucasArts' approval, without it, not even worth mentioning), Inventory, Puzzle Agent, and then Sam and Max. But that's just me.
  • edited January 2011
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22398 <- This thread is mainly about the whole thing.

Although this thread specializes on a possible Sam and Max Season Four. Honestly, to me, no other announcement would be that great and special (not even ToMI 2) but I don't think they'd go for it. Season 3 is still hot, people demand other sequels like ToMI2 (but again, I would like to see S&M:S4 more) and it would be unfair to them, you know, we have 2 seasons in a row when they don't get their promised continuation for... 2 years? Not exactly sure.

I think it's unlikely atm. ToMI2 or even SBCG4AP2 looks more likely.
  • edited January 2011
    I think it's too soon to expect season 4.
  • edited January 2011

Some people like to hope, I guess.

Hell, I do.
  • edited January 2011

Well you never know, Season 2 came out a few months after bright side of the moon *shrugs*
  • edited January 2011
    Exactly what I was thinking. They could do two series in a row, followed by a two year gap, then repeat.
  • edited January 2011
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    Well you never know, Season 2 came out a few months after bright side of the moon *shrugs*

But again, Telltale didn't have that many franchises back then. I mean noone could be angry at them by not making a new MI game because they didn't know Telltale actually COULD make an MI game, and it applies to the other franchises such as Strong Bad, Puzzle Agent, In the Inventory and maybe Wallace and Gromit.

But if you want to shrug off common sense, sure...
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    But if you want to shrug off common sense, sure...
    lol at this :D

I agree with Falanca in that it's probably too soon to realistically expect season 4 this soon after season 3. They could announce it as one of the five but I imagine it will won't be released until further down the line. Telltale said they are announcing five new projects but they also said they weren't going to be working on them all at the same time.
  • edited January 2011
    As much as I would love one, it's just too damn early. I mean 6 month after the finale and people already want an annoucment for season 4. Geeze hold your lagamorphs people. I know for a fact there will be one because of the one to many cliffhangers that the last episode had, and generally through-ot the entire season. I'd give it a year AT THE LEAST! 3 years max. Even if they are making it, they wouldn't annouce it. It'll probaly get too cluttered in with the other annoucments. It'll come just be patient. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Actually, I think the last episode had little to no cliffhangers. It almost looked like a perfect way to end the series, even, which made me pretty sad.
  • edited January 2011
    One can dream. I hope they announce it, even if it's an announcement on a date for next year.
  • edited January 2011
    I would love to see a new season announced, but I think it's a bit too soon as well. I think other sequals would take prority over it, such as ToMI and Puzzle Agent.
  • edited January 2011
    Here's my hard honest opinion. Everyone who's played up to season 3 of Sam and Max would love to see more of the Freelance duo. This forum is a testament to that. However, deep down I think all the SnM nuts (including myself) want to see a fresh and exciting game featuring these guys. If anything we don't want the game series to get, I dare say, stale. I'm 99.9% sure that TTG wants to do something special with the Sam and Max series. So if TellTaleGames is announcing season 4 as one of the TellTale Five, then it may be a while until it's released. In my experience, it takes a while to develop something of high quality awesome. Unless they're going to totally surprise us with something brilliant, in which case I say bring it on!
  • edited January 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Here's my hard honest opinion. Everyone who's played up to season 3 of Sam and Max would love to see more of the Freelance duo. This forum is a testament to that. However, deep down I think all the SnM nuts (including myself) want to see a fresh and exciting game featuring these guys. If anything we don't want the game series to get, I dare say, stale. I'm 99.9% sure that TTG wants to do something special with the Sam and Max series. So if TellTaleGames is announcing season 4 as one of the TellTale Five, then it may be a while until it's released. In my experience, it takes a while to develop something of high quality awesome. Unless they're going to totally surprise us with something brilliant, in which case I say bring it on!

This. Although I'm eager to see more of the duo more than, say, Guybrush or Strong Bad, I think they need time to work on something in order to top their latest season.
  • edited January 2011
    yeeee new sam & max
    I really hope it'll be announced xd
  • edited January 2011
    This. Although I'm eager to see more of the duo more than, say, Guybrush or Strong Bad, I think they need time to work on something in order to top their latest season.

Ditto Falanca. Also there appears to a vote for the 4th option. WTF?!? That's like saying, "That's the last peanut butter and jam sandwich I'm ever having"
    Ironically, I don't even like peanut butter, but you get the sentiment right? It's a classic combo!
  • edited January 2011

Exactly what i was thinking.
  • edited January 2011
    I think it would be good for them to take a break from Sam & Max for awhile. As awesome as the three seasons were, I would like to see them expand on some of their other franchises, or come up with some entirely new stuff.
  • edited January 2011
    I would bet my toenail that one of the following will be in the talltale five:

1. Sam and Max Season 4
    2. Puzzle Agent Season
    3. Tales of Monkey Island Season 2

I would be very,very,very happy if either one of these happen to be announced :D
  • edited January 2011
    Actually, I think the last episode had little to no cliffhangers. It almost looked like a perfect way to end the series, even, which made me pretty sad.
    Where did Sam and Max go? Is Yog-Soggoth ever going back to the Dark Dimension? How is Grandpa Stinky adjusting to his new body? Where's Bosco? And, the only real cliffhanger that really matters, What does the baby look like?!?!?!?!
  • edited January 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Where did Sam and Max go? Is Yog-Soggoth ever going back to the Dark Dimension? How is Grandpa Stinky adjusting to his new body? Where's Bosco? And, the only real cliffhanger that really matters, What does the baby look like?!?!?!?!
    Off to other adventures, I mean, it's not even made clear that if Sam and Max stayed in our timeline OR took the elevator. They left it to audience, which is a commonly used technique to end a franchise.

All other stuff except the appearance of the baby is not that even important to be shown, and maybe they want to keep the baby as a mistery...

It feels like an end, but most likely it's not. I hope. I wish.
  • edited January 2011
    Sam and Max will be back.... maybe not with these projects but its coming back... I have not doubt about that.
  • edited January 2011
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    Sam & Max Season 4 & Tales of Monkey Island 2 FTW! :D

I find myself in full agreement with this statement.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.