Morgan Leflay character, original intents?

Now that it's all said and done and Morgan Leflay has recieved her rap with the fans, what was originally intended for her character? Was she supposed to be sexy? Were fans supposed to contemplate if she was going to get with Guybrush, and all those crazy happenings? Was there reservations about all of this? Or was this all intended? What was her character intended for?

Thanks if anyone shares.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    Now that it's all said and done and Morgan Leflay has recieved her Rapp with the fans...

Fixed that for you.

Also, to answer your questions: Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited February 2011
    My narrative intent for Morgan was to introduce a character that the player would grow emotionally invested with. Up until ToMI we haven't really had the opportunity to create characters in a game that players formed a real emotional bond with. I wanted that to happen with Morgan. And I wanted to kill her. But her death wouldn't have meant anything if you didn't care about her in the firs place.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, you succeeded on all counts.
  • edited February 2011
    Morgan is a great character! Keep up the good work Mark!
  • edited February 2011
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    And I wanted to kill her.

Elaine, too, wanted to kill her. Shut up, they do exist!
    edited April 2011
    I thought that Morgan's character was very retarded, (intentionally perhaps). Its like to talking a girl you just met and getting constant negative feedback for no apparent reason. As though she has some deep down dislike of the opposite sex, I think that the whole hand cutting also reflects Freudian overtones.
  • edited April 2011
    lolwut56093405pl2.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    256 wrote: »
    I thought that Morgan's character was very retarded, (intentionally perhaps). Its like to talking a girl you just met and getting constant negative feedback for no apparent reason. As though she has some deep down dislike of the opposite sex, I think that the whole hand cutting also reflects Freudian overtones.

I can't imagine why you get negative feedback from people you've just met...
  • edited April 2011
    256 wrote: »

Morgan's one of the smartest characters in MI, how is she retarded? And this 'dislike the opposite sex' thing, are you kidding? No offence, but she was introduced as a total Guybrush fan-girl, and treated all characters, male and female, the same way besides Guybrush. And the hand cutting thing was cos she was paid to bring in Guybrush's infected hand by DeSinge.

Like I say, I don't mean to offend, but I can't see where you got this impression of Morgan, fair enough if you didn't like her cos you found her annoying or something, but the reason you gave doesn't fit the character at all.
  • edited April 2011
    I think the Morgan we got ended up being a lot more unique, original, and interesting then what was originally intended, not to say that version would have been bad either... I was just really pleased with the character we got... and I DID care when she died.
  • edited April 2011
    You big softy...:D I think I might of cared, I don't know. I can be very sensitive, caring, and at other times I don't care about anything.
  • edited April 2011
    Well I cared about as much as a person can care about a made up character.... its not like I called in sick from work and stayed in bed all day crying.
  • edited April 2011
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    I wanted that to happen with Morgan. And I wanted to kill her.
    Irishmile wrote: »
    its not like I called in sick from work and stayed in bed all day crying.

You guys are seriously ice cold, man.
  • edited April 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Well I cared about as much as a person can care about a made up character.... its not like I called in sick from work and stayed in bed all day crying.

I held a funeral for her then had 9 months of therapy to get over the loss and I think im ove..OH GOD!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.