What is your favorite Sierra music? (not necessarily KQ)

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I would also site the GK1 & 2 themes as favorites.

From King's Quest, the track I remember really liking most was the one played in the kitchen of Mordack's castle, where Cassima was working. By the sound of it I assumed it was Cassima's theme? I was stuck for a long time in that final KQ5 puzzle, but I kept going back to that location just to hear the music. :D
  • edited April 2011
    Yep. Cassima's theme. Elements of it were also used in Girl in the Tower, the love ballad from KQ6.
  • edited April 2011
    That damn KQ5 ANT song is still stuck in my head all these years later. I sometimes find myself singing it suddenly, haha. Love it though

That and "Land Beyond Dreams", Erana's Peace, any QFG song really. And I like the main themes from Colonel's Bequest, Police Quest & Eco Quest.

LAND BEYOND DREAMS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71iVo3dW9mY
  • edited April 2011
    I like the rockin' Space Quest 3 opening, the Quest for Glory 4 theme song, and I have a special place in my heart for Soylent Clear.
  • edited May 2011
    I really enjoyed the music in The Dagger of Amen Ra (Laura Bow). Especially the Archaeologist song in the speakeasy. Hilarious lyrics!
  • edited May 2011
    Why has no one mentioned The Ballad of Freddy Pharkas?!

"She has captured Fred's affection, but he's scared he'll get a huge... rejection"
  • edited May 2011
    Oh! I really love the Torin's Passage soundtrack!

I remember studying for my highschool final exams, and I put up the "panorama"-tune from the first chapter to help me concentrate :p
    there are a lot of spacy ambient tunes in Torin's Passage <3
  • edited May 2011
    I don't really pay that much attention to the music, I'll admit. That's not to say it isn't important to me. I'm playing through the originals, and the lack of music in some of the earlier games is a bit off-putting (Celtic station on Pandora, don't fail me now!)

That being said, I love the Hero's Theme from the Quest for Glory series.
  • edited June 2011
    My favorites from QFG series:

Katrina's Theme from Shadows of Darkness.

Junk Dealers Theme from Wages of War.

The Saurus Shop from Trial by Fire.

Hero's March from So You Want to be a Hero.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.