Timeline?

It has been confirmed that this game takes place from the comic books, but WHEN?

Its not like Sam and Max or Strong Bad where it honestly doesnt matter, in the series, Rick is always meeting new people/seeing his friends die, so I ask.
When would this take place.

At the end of whatever happened in the comic books as of now and when the games end, the comics will leave off there, will it take place magicaly in the middle somewhere where none of the comic book characters die or something.
OR is it in its own universe STILL based off of the comicbooks in terms of story, and we get gameplay ala Fire Emblem where characters can die freely and never come back?
Or are we just reinacting scenes from the comics?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Maybe it's another group of survivors... We get to see Rick's group is not the only one, so it could be interesting to discover other characters, their relationships and personal struggles in a world filled with zombies... I mean... walkers...
  • edited February 2011
    I'm going to guess at the beginning, but that's just my theory.
  • edited February 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I'm going to guess at the beginning, but that's just my theory.

That could go with my "you get to see the story unfold again, but people can die at different times depending on how you play" theory.
    But looking back, that would be really hard to do episodicaly.
  • edited April 2011
    They could just do a straight adaptation. Bone worked (and would have continued to work) just fine as a game despite the fact that anyone who read the books knew what was going to happen.

My guess is either a straight re-telling or they follow another group of survivors in the same world - which would be pretty cool.
  • edited May 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    That could go with my "you get to see the story unfold again, but people can die at different times depending on how you play" theory.
    But looking back, that would be really hard to do episodicaly.

You have to admit, it would be pretty cool! That's an instant pre-order for me for any franchise, I don't care if it's a My Little Pony title with that kinda of gameplay, I'd buy it if it were possible.
  • edited May 2011
    continue from where the comics leave off. Don't start from the beginning
  • edited May 2011
    continue from where the comics leave off. Don't start from the beginning

But the comics are still going on. Will the games plot and the 5 new comics(for both will be monthly) have the same plot? That actually would be cool.
This discussion has been closed.