Another Sierra series that deserves a sequel/remake

IMO, the Conquests series (Conquests of Camelot, Conquests of the Longbow) was a really promising, great series that is utterly underrated, and has been kind of ignored (for the most part) by the fans, in favor of the other, more well known series. The Conquests series had a magical sort of feel to them, and walked a fine line between seriousness and Sierra lightheartedness--A good mix of both. Even though they were pseudo-historical fiction, they had an epic sort of feel without being heavy handed or melodramatic.

Conquests of Camelot, in particular, cries out for a remake, done in VGA or otherwise. Yes, the SCI graphics are lovely, but it'd be even better if it was done in VGA or a higher quality format.

And there's always room for a sequel. I had heard there was to be a direct sequel to Camelot planned, but sales were such that the story had to be switched the simpler (in comparison) tale of Robin Hood.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I wouldn't mind another Phantasmagoria, but I cannot imagine how it would be. The second installment wasn't much.
  • edited August 2011
    Space Quest probably goes without saying but I'm saying it anyway
  • edited August 2011
    Leisure Suit Larry and Torin's passage. Nothing else is needed to be said.
  • edited August 2011
    A new Conquests game could be cool, as a series it would have been cool if each one tackled a classic medieval/medieval-style historical fiction/legends like Beowulf or Ivanhoe!

I do have an wiki for the series;
    http://conquests.wikia.com/wiki/Conquests_Omnipedia

I'd rather see new games, not remakes...
  • edited August 2011
    I'd love to see a new Conquest. Those were interesting games.
  • edited August 2011
    Freddy Pharkas 2...
  • edited August 2011
    BagginsKQ wrote: »
    Freddy Pharkas 2...

Yes... I still really like that game.
  • edited August 2011
    Freddy Pharkas would really work on Telltale's style of design... the whole game was essentially chapter based, small seemingly unconnected events (leading up to the grand finale), in a very small town! It's a commedy adventure.

The setup is already there!

Like a new Sam & Max or Back to the Future, or Wallace and Gromit!
  • edited August 2011
    Leplaya wrote: »
    Leisure Suit Larry and Torin's passage. Nothing else is needed to be said.

I'd probably add in the presence of Al Lowe. Much like I'd want Jane Jensen around for a Gabriel Knight title or Christy Marx for a Conquests game.
  • edited August 2011
    Or Scott Murphy for Space Quest.
  • edited August 2011
    I still have never beaten Conquests of Camelot. One of the few Sierra Adventure games I have left to beat. I think Infamous Adventures are almost done with Space Quest II VGA.
  • edited August 2011
    Brainiac wrote: »
    I'd probably add in the presence of Al Lowe.
    Its not larry or even Torin's passage without Al Lowe. Heck Torin's passage(according to Lowe's website) was planned out as a series similar King's Quest. But you can blame the rise of FPS on that one.
  • edited August 2011
    I'd like to see a Manhunter 3. I'd like a finish to the story of the orbs and Phil.

Bt
  • edited August 2011
    I'd like to see a Manhunter 3. I'd like a finish to the story of the orbs and Phil.

Bt

I was going to post the same thing, Bt. Pepper's Adventures in Time was another game that looked like it was made with a sequel in mind, so it would be neat to see another of those games.
  • edited August 2011
    Episodic Quest for Glory for me! There'd be an actual reason to play through the whole season multiple times. Bonus points if they can import from an old QFG5 save file, so I can be a Paladin. :^)
  • edited August 2011
    Why does it need to be episodic?
  • edited August 2011
    Because that's how Telltale likes to play it, and I think it would work especially well with the character-importing feature.
  • edited August 2011
    I just never thought this thread was referencing specifically a Telltale-made remake/sequel.
  • edited August 2011
    Considering how short telltale episodes are, there would be no point in adding "level up" or experience in an episodic QFG game... You'd be finished before you needed levels...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.