Sea For Two - a Brand New Show brought to you by TalesofMI.net - Launched Now!!

1eb2o5.jpg

Sea For Two

by SilverWolfPet, Dalixam, Haggis and Miko

CHOOSE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    voted
  • edited March 2011
    I voted too, but just clicked one without reading what I'm voting for. What am I voting for? I don't want to read it or watch it now, as I'm too lazy.
  • edited March 2011
    Surely making this video couldn't have been entirely easy. How much effort did you put into it? And how often do you think you'll actually be able to release/upload each episode?
  • edited March 2011
    After we vote on every episode think they should make a DVD release, with special features for the other options.:D
  • edited March 2011
    That was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing. Great to see another series from you, SWP!

"Are you stupid or just plain idiotic?"
    "I have to think about that one."
  • edited March 2011
    I'm really glad you like it, guys! We've been preparing it for about two months :) Planning, trying out stuff etc.
    As for the actual releases... We have no idea. It may be weekly. It may be once every two weeks. I don't know, it all depends on so many factors. But we will keep to it as best as we can. :) Thanks for voting! :D
  • edited March 2011
    Nooo! "Where's the toilet on this thing?" has overtaken "You do know piracy is illegal, don't you?"! The latter would trigger a much bigger reaction than the former, which is what I want to see - I care not for toilets.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, I picked the other one over that one because the toilet gag is likely to be very short and not as inspired...and I just don't think potty humor can live up to how interesting it would be to see the character react to the pirate remark which clearly has that little bit more of character development.

The toilet is like, yeah...it's boring in m honest opinion. Not enough conflict, instigation. (?)
  • edited March 2011
    doodo! wrote: »

The toilet is like, yeah...it's boring in m honest opinion. Not enough conflict, instigation. (?)

You'd be surprised.... jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic59015-rubbing-hands-smiley.gif
  • edited March 2011
    You'd be surprised.... jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic59015-rubbing-hands-smiley.gif

Now I almost hope the toilet one wins so that we can see what you've got planned. :p
  • edited March 2011
    i figured that the "you know pirating is illegal" question would get more of a "no shit sherlock" answer while the toilet one would have him whining please pleaseeeeee pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and just irritating the heck out of the pirate for the entire episode... so i picked the toilet thing ^_^
  • edited March 2011
    I voted for 'pirating is illegal' as I figured it would give the funniest result. How long does the voting last for? It's going to be really close between those last two options. They're head to head again now!
  • edited March 2011
    I voted toilet just because I figured it would be most likely to get him untied, which would lead to a more interesting story than just the back-and-forth stuff.
  • edited March 2011
    You know....... I have never thought about the toilet situation on a pirate ship.... did they just go over the side? serious question.
  • edited March 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    You know....... I have never thought about the toilet situation on a pirate ship.... did they just go over the side? serious question.

Basically, yes.

How do I know? Ermmm... (Hides time machine)
  • edited March 2011
    i'm sure it's probibly more of a bucket situation... go in a bucket, dump it off the side...

That's how they killed the mermaids ^_^
  • edited March 2011
    Updated this thread with nice pic at the top. :) Things are looking good, people are voting. This is so awesome, since we're prepared for all three possibilities.

If you want, please share the link with your friends, on twitter, facebook, wherever you feel like it. We are trying to expand our fanbase a little. More People = More Fun! Thanks!
  • edited March 2011
    I voted for the piracy is illegal option.
    It just seemed to be in character in the way that the englishman was played .;)
  • edited March 2011
    Voting ends Tuesday. If you want your option to win, ask more people to vote, please! :p
  • edited March 2011
    Hmm, the current voting trend gets me wondering, what happens if it's a tie between two options?
  • edited March 2011
    We stop producing the show. O.O
  • edited March 2011
    We stop producing the show. O.O

This is not an option! :P
    :D
  • edited March 2011
    Loved it! Voted :D
  • edited March 2011
    We were actually able to work on the second episode. However, due to some technical difficulties, we have to postpone it until tomorrow. :| Of all the things that could delay a project, why did it have to be water?!

Long story... I'll fix it soon.
  • edited March 2011
    Of all the things that could delay a project, why did it have to be water?!

Long story... I'll fix it soon.

Cue the speculation!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Nooo.... you can't start with episode 2 before voting is closed!!

I love the "choose your own adventure"s, love the setting, love Mihai with the big beard... keep the style and keep the three-minute video length. And don't stick with "what should he say next", do more "what should he DO next". ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Episode 2 is ready to be launched.

I hope you guys are happy... the choice that won gave me a REALLY difficult time. Why did you have to choose the toilet thing? Ouch... ouch ouch... ow...

Working on the shots as we speak. Looks great :) Thanks for waiting and for understanding that this type of show is really hard to make.

In time it should become easier as I know exactly what to do or what I need. For now, it's a rough start. Thanks for being here with us :D
  • edited March 2011
    Huzzah! I can't wait! :D
  • edited March 2011
    Here you gooooo! :D

I'm really curious to see what you guys will choose next!
  • edited March 2011
    I think it's quite obvious what's going to be chosen next. Let's face it - everybody wants to see that cannon fired; humans just love booms and explosions too much.

Also: Just out of interest, would all three options (from the previous round) have resulted in the Englishman being thrown overboard?
  • edited March 2011
    "You know, I expect you were a troublesome child as well. Your parents must have sent you to sunday school during the holidays! ...And you probably got kicked out of that one, too."

Excellent job, once again! Keep up the good work!
  • edited March 2011
    Absolutely hilarious, looking forward to the next episode. XD
  • edited March 2011
    Hayden wrote: »
    Also: Just out of interest, would all three options (from the previous round) have resulted in the Englishman being thrown overboard?

Nope... that's the point of the show :) You will never ever find out what would've happened if you chose the other two.

But just so it's not such a big teaser...the toilet thing was the worst you could've chosen, from an acrobatic point of view :p
    edited March 2011
    Mihai's final look is great, and the whole effort is stunning to say the least. But I really need subtitles for that one, and the options... well, let's just say the winner is clear from the beginning. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Mihai's final look is great, and the whole effort is stunning to say the least.

Thanks dude! :D It took us longer to post the episode because we both caught a nasty cold.
    Can't act when you Kauff. When you cough. Yeah, you know...

But I really need subtitles for that one

We figured the clip is so short and quick paced that the subtitles may steal away some jokes or may grab your attention unnecessarily. If you guys really want subtitles, say so and episode 3 will have them.
    We do know people from all around the world are watching these and our weird accents may make things difficult to understand.
    Just let us know and we'll add subtitles next time :)
    If we add them on youtube, as captions, would that be okay? This way you can turn them on/off as you please. I don't have enough patience to make a classic txt document with subtitles for youtube. Sorry. :p
    and the options... well, let's just say the winner is clear from the beginning. ;)

Yes, but "clear" does not equal "awesome" all the time! :D

...the statement above is meant to sound cool. Please imagine that it does. Thank you.
  • edited March 2011
    We figured the clip is so short and quick paced that the subtitles may steal away some jokes or may grab your attention unnecessarily. If you guys really want subtitles, say so and episode 3 will have them.
    We do know people from all around the world are watching these and our weird accents may make things difficult to understand.
    If we add them on youtube, as captions, would that be okay? This way you can turn them on/off as you please. I don't have enough patience to make a classic txt document with subtitles for youtube. Sorry. :p

Subtitles would be nice. No offense intended, but some of Mihai's lines are pretty hard to understand in that gruff voice he's doing as Cap'n. For example, I have no idea what exactly he's saying in that "Blast Mother Nature..." line.
    edited March 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    Subtitles would be nice. No offense intended, but some of Mihai's lines are pretty hard to understand in that gruff voice he's doing as Cap'n.

...doesn't Andrej voice Mihai?!
  • edited March 2011
    ...doesn't Andrej voice Mihai?!

He does? Sounds more like Mihai to me, unless of course Andrei voices him in ALL their videos... :/
  • edited March 2011

I had to run through the video twice to understand it all (missed the Sunday school reference on the first round). So captions of some sort would be appreciated. I always have captions on in my Telltale games as well, so it's not just you.

(Was halfway expecting a "Where's the splash?" line like in Curse of Monkey Island....)
  • edited March 2011
    Okay okay!! Don't have to be so cruel!! I'll add subtitles!

(kidding) but I will add them. :p

I have only dubbed Mihai in the Stan's New Store video, when it was a little too much for him to sing all that.
    The rest, it's Mihai 100%.

The Mother Nature line was:
    "Blast Mother Nature and her tiny dirt nipples" - a Dalixam Favorite. Hahaha! It is referencing to the little patch of land they got stuck in. :p

Mihai: "I would like everybody here to know that I did NOT write that line. Andrei did. That is all."

Hehehe, I like giving my bro difficult lines to scream in a gruffy voice.

Okay, dully noted, subtitles.

Thanks for the feedback! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.