Lego Back to the Future

edited March 2013 in Back to the Future
Does anyone else think this would be the perfect lego game? Reasons:
1. It comes in parts, which is what most lego games focus on (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc.)
2. Back to the Future has the right amount of comedy to be reinterpreted as legos (imagine the scene where Doc is jumping up and down in the first movie when Einstein time travels, but with legos)
3. A lego Delorean. 'Nuff said.
Anyone else agree?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I'm sorry, but while a physical LEGO Delorean would be undoubtedly cool, I think all LEGO games suck - hard. They are repetitive as hell, generally too easy, and typically add pretty much nothing to the story.
    Plus, I've never understood the idea behind LEGO games: why would you want blocky characters in a virtual, limitless world? Why, while being blocky, they don't follow the rules of the physical world? It's a twisted concept to me.
    I am definitely not looking forward to it. Sorry :)
  • edited March 2011
    i actually agree with you, Shoxir. I love the lego games and fell that they would make a pretty good lego game if done right. Then again, a lot of Telltale titles would make excellent lego games. Woah,. In fact, I'm gonna see if we can somehow combine the two companies.
  • edited March 2011
    i actually agree with you, Shoxir. I love the lego games and fell that they would make a pretty good lego game if done right. Then again, a lot of Telltale titles would make excellent lego games. Woah,. In fact, I'm gonna see if we can somehow combine the two companies.

To become TellTale Games!

:P
  • edited March 2011
    Tellingtraveller'stales Games... Win
  • edited March 2011
    ....aaaaand It's real. Poof!
    lego_bttfx450.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    you wish. it was a contest entry. a fan made it himself
  • edited March 2011
    I enjoy the Lego games for the most part. Didn't the Harry Potter one, as i don't like the movies. But all the other ones were fine. Looking forward to the Pirates of the Caribbean one though.

Aswell as BTTF lego i'd also love a Lego Real Ghostbusters and/or movie version Lego Ghostbusters. Although I doubt there'd be enough material for the movie version, what with there only being the two movies... so far... :cool:
  • I enjoy the Lego games for the most part. Didn't the Harry Potter one, as i don't like the movies. But all the other ones were fine. Looking forward to the Pirates of the Caribbean one though.

Aswell as BTTF lego i'd also love a Lego Real Ghostbusters and/or movie version Lego Ghostbusters. Although I doubt there'd be enough material for the movie version, what with there only being the two movies... so far... :cool:

Well the lego batman game is only loosely based on the films. The villains looks similar and they pair up villains with their video game counterparts; ie. Catwoman with the Penguin, freeze with poison ivy, and the riddler with two face. But they don't follow the plot at all.

I've only played lego batman and rock band but enjoyed both. And trutfully as a BTTF game, I'll take what I can get! Hopefully this game revives the franchise.
  • edited March 2011
    That looks cool!!!! It would make a great stopmotion too!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Well the lego batman game is only loosely based on the films. The villains looks similar and they pair up villains with their video game counterparts; ie. Catwoman with the Penguin, freeze with poison ivy, and the riddler with two face. But they don't follow the plot at all.

I've only played lego batman and rock band but enjoyed both. And trutfully as a BTTF game, I'll take what I can get! Hopefully this game revives the franchise.

I just figured Batman Lego was based loosely off of the entire Batman franchise. The movies never came into my mind, but that's cool the villains are paired off like that.
  • edited March 2011
    I enjoy the Lego games for the most part. Didn't the Harry Potter one, as i don't like the movies. But all the other ones were fine. Looking forward to the Pirates of the Caribbean one though.

Really? I've been wanting a LEGO Ghostbusters for a long time now... You're right though, there isn't enough content. They'd have to mix it with Real Ghostbusters, The Video Game, and possibly Extreme Ghostbusters to get the kind of vast content of enemies, characters, weapons, vehicles, and settings that LEGO Star Wars offered.
  • Really? I've been wanting a LEGO Ghostbusters for a long time now... You're right though, there isn't enough content. They'd have to mix it with Real Ghostbusters, The Video Game, and possibly Extreme Ghostbusters to get the kind of vast content of enemies, characters, weapons, vehicles, and settings that LEGO Star Wars offered.

From what i've heard the harry potter game follows the first 4 films. The ghostbusters one doesnt have to follow the movies. In the movies theres only 3 ghostbusting scenes per movie (one early on, a montage, and the finale). They tend to make their own.

One thing to realize people is that lego games are not really dialogue driven; there's dialogue on the screen at the beginning and end of scenes but not usually during the levels and it's all captions.
  • edited March 2011
    From what i've heard the harry potter game follows the first 4 films. The ghostbusters one doesnt have to follow the movies. In the movies theres only 3 ghostbusting scenes per movie (one early on, a montage, and the finale). They tend to make their own.

One thing to realize people is that lego games are not really dialogue driven; there's dialogue on the screen at the beginning and end of scenes but not usually during the levels and it's all captions.

You're right. Even the Star Wars games had levels and places I wasn't familiar with them going to or through in the movies. LEGO games make their own stories using the source material as a loose base. Lots of different ghost busting jobs mixed with scenes from the movies and leading to the movie's climax would be acceptable. Obviously the GB had lots of unseen cases in both movies. I really wish we had got to see more, although I'm glad the movies (or 1st movie) were story and character driven instead of special effects or action driven. I wouldn't be opposed with using the Video Game or the upcoming 3rd film (I hope, unless it sucks or leads to "Ace Venture 3: Ace Ventura Jr."-esque straight to video sequels ... okay, I'd still watch them though) as extra content for story and levels in a LEGO Ghostbusters game, if such were to exist. Man, can you imagine GB the Video Game with LEGO's? I'd just like to compare those. Weird. And frightening scenes become hilariously spoofed. Love the idea.
  • edited March 2011
    That would be awesome, a Lego BTTF game. :)

Funny fact, Lego even already had a time traveling themed set. They called it the Time Cruisers. If you look at the boxes they had, surely you see which movie was the biggest inspiration.
  • edited May 2011
    Lego Back to the Future would just be brilliant. I can imagine it as well. I can see a Lego Marty McFly going round hill valley on a skateboard or a hoverboard in the future. Plus, theres a great storyline. Although there arn't a great deal of characters... :(. But Back to the Future has been making a great comeback recently. What with the new game on PC and they relseased the 1st film at cinemas agian last october (UK).
    Also another possibility... Lego Jurassic Park.
  • edited May 2011
    I would pretty much play any Lego game...
  • edited May 2011
    I'm not a Lego Game fan at all, but I'd buy a BttF Lego game in a nano-second.
  • edited May 2011
    Since decent Back to the Future games are pretty sparse, I'd certainly consider buying the game despite the fact that I normally don't play Lego Games.

A Co-Op mode with all the characters would be intriguing. Imagine: Griff fighting alongside Seamus McFly. In fact, I'd buy the game solely for that mode.
  • Since decent Back to the Future games are pretty sparse, I'd certainly consider buying the game despite the fact that I normally don't play Lego Games.

A Co-Op mode with all the characters would be intriguing. Imagine: Griff fighting alongside Seamus McFly. In fact, I'd buy the game solely for that mode.

I never thought of that but lego does seem to enjoy having 'villain mode' in the games where you can play as the bad guy. Would be fun being like biff and roaming through time.
  • edited May 2011
    I wouldn't mind a Lego BTTF game. I loved the Star Wars ones and thought the Batman one was ok.
  • edited May 2011
    Have they release BTTF Lego Sets yet? Considering Jurassic Park ones are out there...
  • edited May 2011
    No they haven't...for some reason, JP gets all the love. Possibly a fourth movie, a new game, new toys, and at least two new comic mini-series.
  • edited May 2011
    Really the Idea is Sound this has been a popular discussion among my circle of friends about it.

The Pros:

A BTTF game for the diehard fans

The BTTF Story fits well in the Lego universe

its appealing to kids to get them into the movies

The Cons:

Lego games tend to be too kiddy and be considered a Kids only game

There is no Dialogue in the Lego Games Will People who never seen the Films know what is going on as far as the story goes?

• edited May 2011
    Yes the idea with the lego games is too spoof famous movies/franchises in Lego and this is the appeal for adults which is why 37 year old me playing one is ok.

BTW: Lego Batman uses the moves, comics and the fan favorite(and excellent) "Batman the Animated Series".
  • edited May 2011
    Ichijo wrote: »
    The BTTF Story fits well in the Lego universe
    WdBJS.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    Ichijo wrote: »

Lego games tend to be too kiddy and be considered a Kids only game

I dunno I found some of the Lego games to be tricky at some points and I enjoy playing them as an adult. Just cause kids can play it doesn't make it kid only
  • edited May 2011
    Sign me up. I found them quite enjoyable. Games can be fun without being toned and themed like a desert wrapped in brown bricks and camouflage :) I reckon BTTF would lend really well to that style of game.
  • edited May 2011
    It COULD be fun, but so could a Lego Star Trek. Know why we haven't seen either of these concepts? Because there are no BTTF or Star Trek Lego sets. Until then, I don't think it's going to happen. Unless really, really bored fans make them.
  • edited May 2011
    I think Lego BTTF would be a much easier franchise, with set episodes they could work on.
    Star trek....where the hell would you start? Original? TNG? Movies?
    DS9 would work well as a place to stage a Star Trek game.......ok, now I want Lego Star Trek too. You bastard.
  • edited May 2011
    giuliop wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but while a physical LEGO Delorean would be undoubtedly cool, I think all LEGO games suck - hard. They are repetitive as hell, generally too easy, and typically add pretty much nothing to the story.
    Plus, I've never understood the idea behind LEGO games: why would you want blocky characters in a virtual, limitless world? Why, while being blocky, they don't follow the rules of the physical world? It's a twisted concept to me.
    I am definitely not looking forward to it. Sorry :)

I think that's the point. The Lego games geared to more child/family audiences.
    They're incredibly easy/fun to play while listening to a podcast or something.
  • edited May 2011
    Oh yeah. I'd buy a Lego Back to the Future game ASAP. I love all of the Lego games (I still need to get the new ones, Clone Wars and Pirates) and I know that this game would be sweet. (Lego Ghostbusters would be awesome to.)

And they are very kid friendly, while still being fun games even for adults. One of the things I love about them is their authenticity to the original movies or shows. The music, the levels and even the characters (loosly) look just like they should.
  • edited May 2011
    I wouldnt mind but its very unlikely let me explain:

1. Lego are looking for NEW films.
    2. Films friendly to children (back to the future has a lot of swearing)
    3. George lucas would proberly tell lego they can only try buying the rights for it if bob gale agrees to make a sequel (you all know how george lucas cant help himself)

Its a nice idea but i dont see it happening any time soon.
  • yoman45135 wrote: »

3. George lucas would proberly tell lego they can only try buying the rights for it if bob gale agrees to make a sequel (you all know how george lucas cant help himself)

Didn't they do a lego indiana jones BEFORE the last film?
    I wouldnt say there's a lot of swearing. Some S-bombs and not a single f-bomb, easy to cut out.
    Since when does george locas own lego?
  • edited May 2011
    Didn't they do a lego indiana jones BEFORE the last film?
    I wouldnt say there's a lot of swearing. Some S-bombs and not a single f-bomb, easy to cut out.
    Since when does george locas own lego?

the swearing bit are you talking about indiana jones or bttf, and about george lucas, hes lietrally the owner of lego ever since he stopped them from going bankrupt, thats nearly the only reason they make star wars stuff.
  • edited May 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »

Problems with your logic:

1. New as in "Star Wars and Indiana Jones (from the 1980's)?"
    2. Lego characters never talk, so I don't think there would be a swearing problem.
    3. George Lucas doesn't own the Lego company or the back to the future license.
  • edited May 2011
    Problems with your logic:

1. New as in "Star Wars and Indiana Jones (from the 1980's)?"

Star Was and Indiana Jones are REALLY famous and lots of little kids know what they are. Back to the Future is the same years but its not as popular. If it made this HUMONGUS and giant comeback with releasing all the movies without swear words and make it in 3-D and all that good stuff, then maybe LEGO will consider it.
  • edited May 2011
    moturu wrote: »
    Star Was and Indiana Jones are REALLY famous and lots of little kids know what they are. Back to the Future is the same years but its not as popular. If it made this HUMONGUS and giant comeback with releasing all the movies without swear words and make it in 3-D and all that good stuff, then maybe LEGO will consider it.

You do realize they made Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and those films were rated PG-13 right? I know those are recent films, but they had booze and gore in it and the Lego version those things were minimized. Kids now might not know what BTTF is but adults might (who also play lego games) Heck even the Lego Batman game looked like it was based on the Campy 60's version, not any of the recent films which I'm sure some kids don't know about that series.
  • lego rock band also exists and doesnt just have kiddy songs on it, it has quite a few adult songs.
  • edited May 2011
    Overture wrote: »
    I think Lego BTTF would be a much easier franchise, with set episodes they could work on.
    Star trek....where the hell would you start? Original? TNG? Movies?
    DS9 would work well as a place to stage a Star Trek game.......ok, now I want Lego Star Trek too. You bastard.

How about LEGO Star Trek Voyager? I loved that series!!!
    Plus Jerri Ryan/Seven of 9 was in that series LOL
  • edited June 2011
    No thanks. I don't like Lego games myself, I think they're just an excuse to slack off on the graphics and everything. Now, I'm not one of those who only care about how good it looks, but lego slacks off in lots of things in the games, starting from that
Sign in to comment in this discussion.