Lego Back to the Future

2»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    They already made Lego Star Wars, they can't do Star Trek, they're mortal rivals. They could and SHOULD make lego bttf, it is possible to fan-make parts but for the minifig scale there seems to be some custom parts required. I don't care much for lego games based on other franchises but I care about the sets themselves. I DID absolutely love Lego Island back in the day, if anyone remembers
  • edited June 2011
    Would be fun being like biff and roaming through time.

I always wanted a Biff game!

Biff Nukem
    "Give me some candy butthead"
  • edited June 2011
    This is very very very unlikley to happen.

1. Back to the Future is old and not very popular among kids
    2. We can't suggest things to LEGO, because they think we'll sue them for the money they get afterwards.
    3. There's a lot of other reasons just look at past post on here and elsewhere

How it might happen

1. Everybody has to donate a 100 million dollars to buy out LEGO so we can make it.
    2. Or, we could tell the idea (not in email) to a person who comes up with ideas for LEGO and ask them to "come up with the idea" at a LEGO meeting of a Back to the Future lego game. Then they can report back to us and tell if they might make it or not.
    3. We could blackmail LEGO to make the game
    4. We could make a demo of the game and show it
    5. We could also sign some paper that says that we can't sue them for the idea.

If it actually happens somehow, these could be some levels

Back to the Future:

Late for school- Beginning part of BTTF
    Twin Pines mall- Delorean test and terrorist attack
    1955- Barn crash, Meet parents
    Skateboard chase- Find Doc, skateboad chase, Darth Vader
    Enchantment Under the Sea- Car part changed to just sitting and waiting, Geoge punches Biff, Johnny B. Goode
    Back to the Future- Clock tower scene, switches between Doc and Marty throughout the level

Back to the future Part II:

We don't need roads- Beginning part of BTTF II until landing in Hill Valley 2015
    Welcome to the Future- Cafe 80's scene, hoverboard chase, end of level shows animation of Biff stealing the Delorean and bringing it back
    1985-A- Rescue Jennifer scene, whole 1985-A scene until they go back to 1955
    Deja Vu/ 1955 (I couldn't decide which title was better)- Arrive in 1955, follow Biff and steal Almanac in Hoverboad/Biff Car chase
    Burn the Book- Burns book, Doc dissapears, goes to Doc in clocktower scene and level ends
    (There should be another level in here somewhere to make it six, but I don't know how)
    Back to the Future III:
  • edited June 2011
    moturu wrote: »

2. We can't suggest things to LEGO, because they think we'll sue them for the money they get afterwards.

How it might happen

1. Everybody has to donate a 100 million dollars to buy out LEGO so we can make it.
    2. Or, we could tell the idea (not in email) to a person who comes up with ideas for LEGO and ask them to "come up with the idea" at a LEGO meeting of a Back to the Future lego game. Then they can report back to us and tell if they might make it or not.

Back to the Future:

Enchantment Under the Sea- Car part changed to just sitting and waiting, Geoge punches Biff, Johnny B. Goode
    Back to the Future- Clock tower scene, switches between Doc and Marty throughout the level

We don't need roads- Beginning part of BTTF II until landing in Hill Valley 2015
    Welcome to the Future- Cafe 80's scene, hoverboard chase, end of level shows animation of Biff stealing the Delorean and bringing it back
    Deja Vu/ 1955 (I couldn't decide which title was better)- Arrive in 1955, follow Biff and steal Almanac in Hoverboad/Biff Car chase
    Burn the Book- Burns book, Doc dissapears, goes to Doc in clocktower scene and level ends
    (There should be another level in here somewhere to make it six, but I don't know how)
    Back to the Future III:

Cool level ideas, and maybe there could be a level where you go places and solve puzzles to get to the past and maybe a bonus part where you run into Biff! Or you meet Jennifer's Dad!
  • edited June 2011
    ???- Beginning of BTTF III until finding Delorean
    1885- Time travel back to 1885 in Delorean, Indian chase, hide Delorean in cave, end of level shows animation of Marty seeing the bear, and running away to Mcfly Farm
    ???- Opening animation is of 1885 Hill Valley, Go to cafe and confront Buford Tannen. Horse chase and eventually get hanged. Doc shoots rope and you're freed
    Town Festival- The town festival scene
    Clint Eastwood- Buford/ Marty Gun shootout
    The Science Experiment- Train pushing Delorean scene, and rest of movie

I'll post other possible stuff later.
  • edited June 2011
    Let me repost all this because somebody posted in between my two posts

How it might happen

Back to the Future:

Back to the Future III:

1885- Time travel back to 1885 in Delorean, Indian chase, hide Delorean in cave, end of level shows animation of Marty seeing the bear, and running away to Mcfly Farm
    ???- Opening animation is of 1885 Hill Valley, Go to cafe and confront Buford Tannen. Horse chase and eventually get hanged. Doc shoots rope and you're freed

• edited June 2011
    Let me repost all this because somebody posted in between my two posts

How it might happen

Back to the Future:

Back to the Future III:

you missed one part: clara and the runaway horse
  • edited June 2011
    Lego Back to the future would awsome. I would buy it, although I haven't really played the lego games thoroughly. It would be a really cool idea if they expanded on the original story line and all the different levels (like in star wars) could be different times that you can visit.
  • edited July 2011
    Shoxir wrote: »
    Does anyone else think this would be the perfect lego game? Reasons:
    1. It comes in parts, which is what most lego games focus on (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc.)
    2. Back to the Future has the right amount of comedy to be reinterpreted as legos (imagine the scene where Doc is jumping up and down in the first movie when Einstein time travels, but with legos)
    3. A lego Delorean. 'Nuff said.
    Anyone else agree?
    I LOVE the idea! I am growing up with lego bttf and would love a lego version!
  • edited July 2011
    Shoxir wrote: »
    does anyone else think this would be the perfect lego game? Reasons:
    1. It comes in parts, which is what most lego games focus on (star wars, indiana jones, harry potter, etc.)
    2. Back to the future has the right amount of comedy to be reinterpreted as legos (imagine the scene where doc is jumping up and down in the first movie when einstein time travels, but with legos)
    3. A lego delorean. 'nuff said.
    Anyone else agree?

hell yah!!!
  • edited August 2011

How it might happen

Back to the Future:

Back to the Future III:

On the title: Deja Vu/ 1955 (I couldn't decide which title was better). You could've put what marty said when they went back to 1955 in part 2, which was "Its like I was here yesterday":D
  • edited September 2011
    not going to happen i even made a forum on the lego site about it and it got deleted then when i asked them why they said it was offensive even though it wasnt i even showed it to my friend who said it wasnt offensive :confused:
  • edited September 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    not going to happen i even made a forum on the lego site about it and it got deleted then when i asked them why they said it was offensive even though it wasnt i even showed it to my friend who said it wasnt offensive :confused:

That doesn't mean anything though

And just because your friend doesn't think it's offensive, doesn't mean it isn't against the site's rules.
  • edited September 2011
    i dont see how it would be against the site rules
  • edited September 2011
    It's Lego. Maybe they don't want discussion about non-Lego franchises.
  • edited September 2011
    they have general chats like here on ttg and they talk about loads of stuff
  • edited September 2011
    Would love to see this game made. Would BUY this, NO DOUBT!!!
  • edited September 2011
    I know that they have something like lego for BTTF toys called "minimates".
  • edited September 2011
    I know that they have something like lego for BTTF toys called "minimates".

it sucks thought it is even worse than megablock's.
  • edited December 2011
    its funny I found this thread, recently I've just completed Lego harry potter, Lego pirates, Lego Indy and Lego star wars, BTTF would be perfect for this style of game. The only reason they won't make the game is due to marketability Bttf isn't exactly current and they would have to produce the Lego toys to accompany the game.

when Lego potter, barman, and sponge bob! (ffs) was released as toys I was annoyed because as a child I loved Lego and it was about imagination, we made our own Lego clock tower and delorian. So imagination is dead and capitalism regins. That being said I plan to create a `proof of concept` bttf Lego level in the same style and 3d rendering as `Tt games` (not telltale) it will only be animated but if there is enough interest then perhaps universal will contact Lego (and hopefully not megablocks ... Why did they get the TMNT franchise???) and then perhaps it would become a reality, certainly won't happen by just asking for it, has to be financially viable :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Well they are making a lego lord of the rings, but they already said they had plans to make a lego bttf for the 30th anniversary if they can get the rights.
  • edited January 2013
    Well, now that they are going to make an official LEGO BTTF Delorean set, maybe we might get a whole line of LEGO sets. If it does well, I could see a game in the future. :)

A BTTF LEGO set and game would be an instant buy for me.

Probably won't be TellTale Games making it though. Mostly likely it'll be TT Games.
  • edited January 2013
    Back to the future is mainly 1 player through it and it requires at least 2 people for a lego game and Marty is kind of on his own through most of the films.

It also has not got too may specific level ideas and I like Lego games and back too the future but don't think Back to the Future is the kind of film that can be turned into a lego game
  • Hudomonkey wrote: »
    Back to the future is mainly 1 player through it and it requires at least 2 people for a lego game and Marty is kind of on his own through most of the films.

It also has not got too may specific level ideas and I like Lego games and back too the future but don't think Back to the Future is the kind of film that can be turned into a lego game

I guess there'll have to be Marty and then his other self.
  • edited January 2013
    After Lego Batman 2, am i the only who thinks a Hill Valley where you can explore would be cool. If a Lego Bttf game was made then they could change it up. For example they go to different times where Hill Valley is different and to get some Gold Bricks, Marty has to do something in the past that then allows him to get the Gold Brick in the future and when Marty,Doc,Jennifer and Einstein are in 1985-A. Marty can explore his worst nightmare. A Hill Valley that has gone to crap and is controlled by Biff. Also the game would be better if they could get AJ or Michael for Marty and Christopher Lloyd to voice them since Lego Batman 2 introduced voice acting for Lego games.
  • edited January 2013
    Hudomonkey wrote: »

Actually they did manage to get through it in Harry Potter so i would imagine it would go like this...

Bttf 1:

Level 1: I'm Late for school!, Characters:Marty and Jennifer
    Level 2: You built a Time machine?, Characters:Marty,Doc, Einstein
    Level 3: Back In Time, Characters: Marty,George,Delorean (You drive it back to the town square where the level starts when Marty walks into the diner)
    Level 4:Future Boy, Characters:Marty,Doc, (In a cutscene it shows Marty goes to Doc's)
    Level 5:Skateboarder, Characters:Marty,George.
    Level 6:Enchantment under the sea (Not really any names you can give it other than this) Characters:Marty,George.
    Level 7:The trip home, Characters:Marty,Doc,Delorean.

Bttf 2:

Level 1:It's your kids Marty! Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 2:The house of the future, Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 3:Welcome to 1985-A, Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 4:Back on the good old 27th floor, Characters:Marty,Lorraine,Doc
    Level 5:Time repeats itself, Characters:Marty, Einstein (Since they changed some things in Lego Harry Potter to make it Co-Op i think it would be fine to do it for BTTF.)
    Level 6:Saving the future, Characters: Doc and Marty
    Level 7:The Doc's Alive! Characters: Marty,Postman

Bttf 3:

Level 1, I'm back from the future! Characters:Marty, Young Doc
    Level 2:The Wild West, Characters:Marty,Young Doc
    Level 3:Finding a Old Friend, Characters:Marty, Doc
    Level 4:Saving Clara, Characters:Marty,Doc,Clara
    Level 5:The Showdown, Characters,Marty,Doc
    Level 6:Train Ride, Characters:Marty,Doc,Clara
    Level 7:The Time's Machine's destroyed. Characters:Marty,Jennifer.
  • edited January 2013
    Actually they did manage to get through it in Harry Potter so i would imagine it would go like this...

Bttf 1:

Level 1: I'm Late for school!, Characters:Marty and Jennifer
    Level 2: You built a Time machine?, Characters:Marty,Doc, Einstein
    Level 3: Back In Time, Characters: Marty,George,Delorean (You drive it back to the town square where the level starts when Marty walks into the diner)
    Level 4:Future Boy, Characters:Marty,Doc, (In a cutscene it shows Marty goes to Doc's)
    Level 5:Skateboarder, Characters:Marty,George.
    Level 6:Enchantment under the sea (Not really any names you can give it other than this) Characters:Marty,George.
    Level 7:The trip home, Characters:Marty,Doc,Delorean.

Bttf 2:

Level 1:It's your kids Marty! Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 2:The house of the future, Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 3:Welcome to 1985-A, Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 4:Back on the good old 27th floor, Characters:Marty,Lorraine,Doc
    Level 5:Time repeats itself, Characters:Marty, Einstein (Since they changed some things in Lego Harry Potter to make it Co-Op i think it would be fine to do it for BTTF.)
    Level 6:Saving the future, Characters: Doc and Marty
    Level 7:The Doc's Alive! Characters: Marty,Postman

Bttf 3:

Level 1, I'm back from the future! Characters:Marty, Young Doc
    Level 2:The Wild West, Characters:Marty,Young Doc
    Level 3:Finding a Old Friend, Characters:Marty, Doc
    Level 4:Saving Clara, Characters:Marty,Doc,Clara
    Level 5:The Showdown, Characters,Marty,Doc
    Level 6:Train Ride, Characters:Marty,Doc,Clara
    Level 7:The Time's Machine's destroyed. Characters:Marty,Jennifer.

Quite good list a couple of those levels probably would just be cut scenes and generally there are only 6 levels per movie so the 7th level could easily be deleted but it might have problems with the general between mission time and who follows you
  • edited January 2013
    It would be cool if they did Bttf the game but they would need to extend the levels so it could work like this...

Episode 1
    Level 1:The Estate Sale, Characters:Marty,George,Einstein,Old Edna
    Level 2:Old Times, Characters:Marty,Einstein,Young Doc.
    Level 3: Visting family, Characters:Marty,Young Doc
    Level 4:Getting the right tools, Characters:Marty and Young Doc
    Level 5:To the lab!, Characters:Marty, Young Doc
    Level 6:Jailbreak, Characters:Marty, Doc (Using the scene switch from Lego Star Wars 3 the clone wars.

Episode 2:

Level 1:Let's try this again. Characters: Doc,Marty
    Level 2: Double Trouble, Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 3:Biff Valley, Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 4:A Secret Talk. Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 5:Tricking Trixie. Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 6:Taking down Kid, Characters:Marty, Officer Parker.

Episode 3:
    Level 1:We're here to help, Characters:Marty,Alternate Jennifer.
    Level 2:Biff gone good, Characters:Marty,Biff
    Level 3:Love at first sight (Or not) Characters:Marty,Alternate Jennifer.
    Level 4:Every dog has his day, Characters:Marty, Alternate Einstein.
    Level 5:A real knock out, Characters:Marty,First Citizen Brown, Alternate George.
    Level 6:Video fight, Characters:Marty, First Citizen Brown.

Episode 4:
    Level 1:The rescue. Characters Marty,Alternate Jennifer and Alternate George (Again using scene swap for all 3 of them.
    Level 2:1931 2 months later. Characters:Marty,First Citizen Brown
    Level 3:Whatever suits you. Characters:Marty,First Citizen Brown.
    Level 4:Cheating with Trixie. Characters:Marty,Trixie.
    Level 5:Good gone bad, Characters:Marty,Trixie.
    Level 6:The Breakup, Characters:Marty,Trixie

Episode 5:
    Level 1:Second thoughts. Characters:Marty, Young Doc.
    Level 2:Past meets Present. Characters:Marty,Trixie.
    Level 3:Edna's secret, Characters:Marty,Young Doc.
    Level 4:What's a Hill Valley? Characters:Marty,Doc
    Level 5:A Saloon Fight, Characters Marty,Doc using scene switch.
    Level 6:Hoverboard chase. Characters:Marty,Doc using scene switch.
  • edited January 2013
    Hell yeah ! Hill Valley hub in free play, in the BTTF2 Delorean. :D
    I hope there will be The Game parts in it, or as Lego Back To The Future 2.
    Also a bonus level where Doc retrieves the duplicate Delorean, or even The Ride. But I don't have much hope, since bonus levels are not real levels anymore.
  • edited March 2013
    Hopefully it'll be fairly decent looking.
  • With the release of the OFFICIAL LEGO DeLorean, and how TT sticks to games based on trilogies, it is only a matter of time. The fans have been demanding it. I would pre-order it the first day I could.

• The Harry Potter year 5-7 seemed kinda hard.
    Lego Rock Band was awful.
    You need a whole band to 100% Europe's final count down.

I Don't like the Lego games any more because they eliminated online match making for majority of the titles at least for the ps3.

• I was hoping for a twist where if you screw up somethings domino effects the time line through all other episodes.
    Not one story line that the Corporations throw in place.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.