Max Stuffed Doll...please?

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
Hokay.

I love this game. How much? I bought the whole season for myself and held a contest on my webcomic website and gave away the first episode to a total stranger for free.

I'm about to go to the shop and buy a girly T shirt for myself. I already bought the sketchbook. Frankly, Telltale did such a great job on this game series I will probably buy anything I can more than once and I'm also going to buy other games.

What I really want to see... is a Max stuffed doll! Please. Please. Make some. Sell them to me. I'll beg. I will buy it. Probably more than one. A Sam doll would be awesome, too. I would also buy him. I would bet any money that a Max doll would sell out in record time.

Also, if the DeSoto T Shirt were made in girl's size, that would enable me to also purchase that. A girl's version of that would be great, too. :)

Onezumi
The Art. The Comic. The Insanity.
http://www.onezumi.com
The Blog.
http://www.Onezumiverse.com
The Forum.
http://www.Harknell.com
The Store.
http://www.OnezumiStudios.com

Comments

• edited March 2007
    A girl Sam & Max fan? Cool! :D Yeah, make a stuffed Sam & Max! We want stuffed Sam & Max! :D
  • edited March 2007
    Yus!

I am indeed not male in any way, shape, or form, and I am probably one of the biggest Sam and Max fans ever to walk the earth. When I heard LucasArts canceled the first iteration of the second game, I went nuts and did a big explosion on my website that (I hope) helped more people write in and sign that petition - every once in a while my character will be seen dressed up as a psychotic bunny. (Which I think actually might be fun to do at a convention, but I digress.)

Hey, the petition didn't work, but now we have this great game series to show for it! It's like for the first time ever, someone made a game that I find more awesome than my Mom's face even if she was giving me a candy bar. With her face of awesome. If she was awesome.

IMO it ranks the title of "Best game EVAR". :D

Onezumi
    The Art. The Comic. The Insanity.
    http://www.onezumi.com
    The Blog.
    http://www.Onezumiverse.com
    The Forum.
    http://www.Harknell.com
    The Store.
    http://www.OnezumiStudios.com
  • edited March 2007
    A Sam and/or Max plushie would be absolutely amazing. I would buy one, and I'm sure my sister would as well...

I am, indeed, a girl as well!
  • edited March 2007
    A Sam and Max action figurine would be awesome.. they would sell soo many of those.. all the comic stores in the world would snap them up.. Maybe we could harass the people who makes those kinda things..who made the hellboy ones? to make sum sam and max
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    It is true that the entire world wants at least two Sam & Max action figures each per person (I want more like 50 for myself) so I don't know what's holding things up. :) Action figures and plush dolls come up about once every two marketing meetings, mostly because Emily seems to really want one. We haven't got any plans to make any at the moment though... :( Maybe someday...
  • edited March 2007
    Please make some...
    I would even order two pairs from overseas!
  • edited March 2007
    Well Mezco Toyz http://www.mezcotoyz.com/ makes South Park, Hellboy, Family Guy, Living Dead, etc action figures.. I think it would be great if they made a Sam & Max line.. Maybe Steve could hook it up via Mike Mignola? or maybe Telltale could do it.. either way something needs to be done!

recent Steve Purcell quote:
    Peter Clausen: Sam & Max have already appeared in many media. Where do you still want them to leave their mark?

Steve Purcell: Every year I talk about trying to do a toy. I love vinyl figures especially ones that are from some existing work. When I was a kid I loved the vinyl figures of Walt Kelly's Pogo characters. They were a premium given away with detergent or something but they are very similar to vinyl toys being done right now. They had a nice sculptural quality, very raw even. I once heard that they were actually sculpted by Kelly himself. I love ventriloquist dummies. My dream toy would be a 1:18 scale Desoto with Sam & Max figures driving it.
  • edited March 2007
    I HAVE said it before! A max plushdoll! I want one! :D
  • edited March 2007
    I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus and say "Please, sir or madam as the case may be, make this item and allow me to purchase it from you for whatever price you deem reasonable."
  • edited March 2007
    I realy like the idea of Sam & Max actionfigures or plushies and I don't think I will hesitate to buy them.
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, it's not expensive to have them made, either. I'm just a regular person with a regular income and I am having plushes made now and eventually vinyl dolls of my characters made. You can get a plush doll run made for less than the price of, say, a new iMac computer. I think if a person could save up to have it done....then it would be a bit easier for a company. *hopes*
  • edited March 2007
    Would either of you girls also be single girls? :D Oh, I like your comic by the way onezumi! :p

Sam & Max plushies! Sam & Max plushies! Sam & Max plushies!
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Would either of you girls also be single girls? :D Oh, I like your comic by the way onezumi! :p

Sam & Max plushies! Sam & Max plushies! Sam & Max plushies!

ahhh Telltale e-love how sweet :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah. Let's watch the flames together. I'll bring the marshmellows-covered ferrets!:D

Seriously, I would love it if I got even a six-inch mini-plush of Max's head attatched to a key chain! Just as long as it doesn't end up in Hot Topic. Franchises I love seem to die rather quickly once they end up in there (Nightmare Before Christmas, Invader Zim, Muppets, Care Bears, etc.)
  • edited March 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Yeah. Let's watch the flames together. I'll bring the marshmellows-covered ferrets!:D

Seriously, I would love it if I got even a six-inch mini-plush of Max's head attatched to a key chain! Just as long as it doesn't end up in Hot Topic. Franchises I love seem to die rather quickly once they end up in there (Nightmare Before Christmas, Invader Zim, Muppets, Care Bears, etc.)

That's because Hot Topic slaps franchise logos on any object large enough to hold them.... I mean, c'mon... who needs Nightmare Before Christmas cologne!?

But yeah, I'd maim the elderly for Sam n' Max figures :D Preferably done by McFarlane, I like their detail.
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    I collect salt and pepper shakers. So along with the plushies... :)
  • edited March 2007
    Sam & Max toys would be awesome! I'd buy a bunch, so I can keep some in my first aid kit and in the family car! :D
  • edited March 2007
    A good quality, large stuffed Sam & Max would probably cost $30 each but I'd still buy them. :D
  • edited March 2007
    Awww, why thank you for the kind words Mr. Adam! *dances* As they say in Japan, "You are winner!"

:)
  • edited March 2007
    I vote for a life-size Max plush-doll... or... uhm... ok, action figures (or even better, just cool sculptures, that don't have those stupid cuts where the limbs are supposed to rotate).
  • edited March 2007
    A 3-foot tall lagamorph sculpted out of even the cheapest of plastic would cost too much for most of us.

...but would make a nice addition to the offices of TTG.:D
  • edited March 2007
    They should put those kinda' speakers that some stuffed dolls got...

Death from above!
    Death from above!

*Squeeze Sam*

You crack me up little buddy.

That would be so awsome! :D
  • edited March 2007
    Since companies are starting to make action figures of comic book characters either owned by comic companies that isn't Marvel or DC or by the comic creator, we might see Sam and MAx figures in the figure-depending on how popular Sam and Max are.

Recently, Shocker toys and ironically, Marvel Toys (formally known as Toybiz) are making comic book figures based off of Judge Dredd, Savage Dragon, mad man, Ripclaw, Conan, Scudd, etc.. I hope one of the companies(though I prefer Marvel Toys because shocker toys is a new company and their figures aren't as good as MArvels) to get the license to make Sam and Max figures. That would be cool. The marketing manager posts at some toy forum called fwooshnet.com(He posts or used to post at the Marvel section with the screenname Jessie) and Shocker toys has a myspace profile. You guys think it would be a good idea to bug---I mean ask these two companies to obtain the Sam and Max toy license?
  • edited March 2007
    I can imagine if Marve Toys ever do a sam and max action figure, it would be a 2 pack like the conanvs wrarrl and body bags packs. Here are pics of Marvel Toy's indepedent comicbook toyline:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=255&itemid=10979

scroll down for images.
  • edited March 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    Since companies are starting to make action figures of comic book characters either owned by comic companies that isn't Marvel or DC or by the comic creator, we might see Sam and MAx figures in the figure-depending on how popular Sam and Max are.

Recently, Shocker toys and ironically, Marvel Toys (formally known as Toybiz) are making comic book figures based off of Judge Dredd, Savage Dragon, mad man, Ripclaw, Conan, Scudd, etc.. I hope one of the companies(though I prefer Marvel Toys because shocker toys is a new company and their figures aren't as good as MArvels) to get the license to make Sam and Max figures. That would be cool. The marketing manager posts at some toy forum called fwooshnet.com(He posts or used to post at the Marvel section with the screenname Jessie) and Shocker toys has a myspace profile. You guys think it would be a good idea to bug---I mean ask these two companies to obtain the Sam and Max toy license?

do you have the links? it might be worth investigating.. and if all fails.. internet petition! haha
  • edited March 2007
    Shocker toys: They even have a phone number. Wonder if it is to the preseident of Shocker toys

Shocker Toys LLP
    Buffalo, NY US
    President
    201-913-7027

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=24820958

A section dedicated to Marvel Toy's Jesse. This section is where a person puts a question and Jesse then responds:

http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36481

After reading the rules on that section, guess we can't ask him to get the sam and max license. :( The rules are:
    Rule #1 Don't ask about specific characters and what the chances are of them being made. I won't answer character specific questions.

Rule #2 Distribution is not a ToyBiz question, its a retailer question. Don't bother asking when and where or at what quantity product will arrive.

Rule #3 Case pack ratios will not be discussed, don't bother asking.

Rule #4 There are a lot of other questions that I cant answer so If you ask something and I don't Answer and you ask again w/ no response Chances are I cant get into the details, or even address it. So Sorry!

Rule #5 This one is for all of you! Keep a light heart it's just toys!
  • edited March 2007
    So, I guess I'm the only one who'd prefer a Sam doll *cough* over a Max one, eh? Although both of them as little figurines would be better.
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    Something I always wanted as a kid (but can't remember if I ever asked for it specifically) was a Hot Wheels track (and a car or two)*. I always thought putting the car on there and watching it make those turns and do the loops was really cool (I watched far too many Sat a.m. cartoons). A Sam & Max Desoto with the figures and a track to run it on... <thumbs up>

*I should add that I also wanted an Easy Bake Oven. I was a very open minded girl.
  • edited March 2007
    Only if the figures feature the two using the car as a surfboard.
  • edited March 2007
    I am also of the female variety and the thought of a Max cuddly toy (we do not call them 'plushies' over here, so I refuse to call it a 'plushie' now) makes me go 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw'. How cute would his ears be? Aw!!
  • edited March 2007
    I'm not female but I still want stuffed Sam & Maxes! :D I don't like plastic.
  • edited March 2007
    I just have a thing for stuffed animals, formerly-living or otherwise. :D
  • edited March 2007
    A plush Max would be fantastic. He shouldn't be too adorable though - keep him slightly unsettling :P
  • edited March 2007
    I'm adamant about the figurines! A president Max, a menacing Sam, a deadpan agent Superbowl, a Chinese Bosco... the works.
  • edited March 2007
    *raises hand*
    Female as well!

I remember when I was a little girl, all into the Hit the Road hype, and I molested one of my old bunny plushies so that my grandma could give it a Max mouth using her awesome sewing skills. Sadly, she had no idea what that looked like and ended up giving the bunny the same mouth it had before I'd gotten my hands on it. ... Yeah, that was a good waste of effort.

But anyway, I'd love a Max plushie. Sam too, of course. But right now, I'm in a big Collectible Figurine fase, so I wouldn't say no to that either.
  • edited March 2007
    To join in the fanboying and topic borrowing - not hijacking because it shall be given back - but I got curious, and went to Onezumi's webcomic. Comic 337 was awesome for many reasons - the references, the styling, the story and the eerie inclusion of my lucky number (37) into my first comic viewed!

Keep up the awesome work Onezumi! :D

*We now return you to the currently scheduled forum topic...*

EDIT: How the hell did that many replies leap in front of me?! It must be a space-time hiccup...
    Son of EDIT: Okay, ending up as post #37 is just adding to the wierdness...
  • edited March 2007
    However, if we count the numbers of your nickname and your custom title, we get 35. Pattern broken :(
  • edited March 2007
    MrSneeze wrote: »
    However, if we count the numbers of your nickname and your custom title, we get 35. Pattern broken :(

Heh, I was musing on how often it was appearing, not saying a pattern was emerging. :cool:

EDIT: Although, if you counted the spaces BETWEEN "Certifiable" to "Predictably" and "Predictably" to "Unpredictable", that's 37 characters in total. ;)
  • edited March 2007
    *snaps fingers* tsk!
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    You guys should hire someone to knit the dolls, then sell them at exorbitant prices, Double Fine style.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.