The Inevitable Languages Thread

edited February 2012 in The Walking Dead
This is a HUGE license at the moment, I wonder if is there any chance to have dubbings in different languages with the same voices of the show, just like CSI...

Comments

• edited March 2011
    nomecopies wrote: »
    This is a HUGE license at the moment, I wonder if is there any chance to have dubbings in different languages with the same voices of the show, just like CSI...

Game is set in comics universe, the vision of the character's voice might be different then the same guy as the TV Show.
  • edited March 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    Game is set in comics universe

Great! Didn't know that. I've just read the first volume and I was wondering if the game will use the comic models, I could perfectly imagine them on 3D.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Purely speculation, but we might well assume that we'll have different characters than in the TV show/comics, so there's no need to have original voices.
  • edited March 2011
    Considering that the last CSI games didn't have Spanish localized voices, only text, I doubt they do the Spanish dubbing for this game, even if they were the same characters as in the TV show.
    I hope they localize the texts, but sincerely I'm not too much interested on this game...
  • edited March 2011
    As I previously said, I'm not very interested on this game, but several of my friends are. Most of them can play in English without problem, but some others can't. And many people who don't have a voice here at the forums can't either.
    The Walking Dead is a quite popular franchise here in Spain. The TV series is being showed in two different TV channels (the new episodes are showed on a pay channel -FOX-, and some time later are showed on a free channel -La Sexta-), and is a relative success.
    The comics (translated as "Los Muertos Vivientes") are one of the most successful franchises within the catalogue of Planeta DeAgostini Comics, one of the most important comic publishers here in Spain.
    And precisely Planeta DeAgostini also have a videogame division, and precisely most of them are adventure games. I think TellTale should try that way to make their Walking Dead game available in Spanish, whether they translate each episode from the very beginning -making it available in Spanish from Telltale's own page-, or they translate the game after the season is complete -and then Planeta DeAgostini publish a retail version of the complete game.
  • edited April 2011
    hopefully the release it in english
  • edited April 2011
    hamza721 wrote: »
    hopefully the release it in english

Swahili only.
  • edited April 2011
    I know that many of these "Language threads" had derailed with (mostly) Spanish and/or Italian people rudely reproaching, even insulting Telltale for not launching the games on their languages.
    But I hate when we are trying to make a perfectly valid, polite thread, and people keep trolling with the old and not-funny-anymore "Swahili/Esperanto/Klingon/put-your-language-here only" joke
  • edited April 2011
    I was mostly just trying to poke fun at the notion that someone has to hope it will come out in English.
  • edited April 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    I was mostly just trying to poke fun at the notion that someone has to hope it will come out in English.
    Actually, my little rant wasn't against you particularly, but against both of you, being hamza721 the true troll in this thread
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry for quoting myself:
    The comics (translated as "Los Muertos Vivientes") are one of the most successful franchises within the catalogue of Planeta DeAgostini Comics, one of the most important comic publishers here in Spain.
    And precisely Planeta DeAgostini also have a videogame division, and precisely most of them are adventure games. I think TellTale should try that way to make their Walking Dead game available in Spanish, whether they translate each episode from the very beginning -making it available in Spanish from Telltale's own page-, or they translate the game after the season is complete -and then Planeta DeAgostini publish a retail version of the complete game.
    I've just noticed that Planeta DeAgostini Comics also publishes the Fables comics.
    A partnership between Telltale and the videogames division of Planeta DeAgostini leading to a fast Spanish release of the games would be most welcome
  • edited April 2011
    a partnership between telltale and the videogames division of planeta deagostini leading to a fast spanish release of the games would be most welcome

+1000
  • edited February 2012
    Mmmhhh.... The whole Double Fine thing gave me an idea.
    For the other languages, why don't get the funds for the translation out of Kickstarter?
    If there are enough funds for I.E. Italian language, you may provide translation and even dubbing.

Just my raw two cents.
  • edited February 2012
    Great idea, I wouldn't mind to pledge for subtitles... but fortunately it won't be necessary with Walking Dead :D (although there is no hope for Sam & Max Season 3, Tales of MI, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Bone...)
This discussion has been closed.