No Principal Strickland yet?

Am I the only one that thinks that is strange that in Episode 3 where there is a town entirely devoted to discipline there isn’t Mr. Strickland? What do you think? He will show up in next episode or in this game there will be only Edna as a member of the Strickland family?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    The fact that Edna married someone else in the normal reality means that in Episode 3's reality, Principal Strickland was in fact never born.
  • edited March 2011
    Isn't it stated in the first episode that Edna is his sister? Why would her getting married to Doc prevent his birth?

In saying that, maybe Principal Strickland is working at the time the episode takes place.
  • edited March 2011
    The fact that Edna married someone else in the normal reality means that in Episode 3's reality, Principal Strickland was in fact never born.
    Why was he never born? Principle Striclands parents were never killed.
  • edited March 2011
    Yes, she says very clearly in Episode 1 that Principal Strickland is her BROTHER.

I figured he ended up working at the Bureau of Discipline. It seems like a dream job for him.
  • edited March 2011
    I was really kind of hoping to see him in this episode. I think they could have done some interesting things with the character in this timeline.
  • I was really kind of hoping to see him in this episode. I think they could have done some interesting things with the character in this timeline.

I agree. Especially with Edna being such an important figure. I'd imagine if we dont see him in the early part of episode 4, he will not be in the game.
  • edited March 2011
    Stricklands never get married. So after she got married her parents decided to never do it again, thus their cross dressing son, Principal Strickland was never born.
  • edited March 2011
    Ah my mistake.

I thought that Principal Strickland was Edna's son.
  • edited March 2011
    They mention "Strickland College" at one point, so I immediately assumed he runs that.

I was expecting to see him in this episode, but since we didn't, I no longer expect him to appear in the series.
  • LuigiHann wrote: »
    They mention "Strickland College" at one point, so I immediately assumed he runs that.

I was expecting to see him in this episode, but since we didn't, I no longer expect him to appear in the series.

Is there much need for discipline at college? Not like you get sent to the office for acting up! I guess he could deal with stuff like plagarism, academic probation and stuff like that but not enjoyable for him.
  • edited March 2011
    Is there much need for discipline at college? Not like you get sent to the office for acting up! I guess he could deal with stuff like plagarism, academic probation and stuff like that but not enjoyable for him.

Also, I think Principal Strickland would have a heart attack, given the level of slacking off that takes place in a college environment. :p
  • edited March 2011

In this Hill Valley there's probably a lot of discipline in college. Considering all the rules in town in general. And it is called "Strickland College" and by the nature of all the Stricklands I don't see why there wouldn't be.
  • edited March 2011
    I think that with Officer Parker there, there simply wasn't room for a second obstructive, annoying and pointless authority figure at that point in the chain of command for the purposes of gameplay.
  • edited March 2011
    Well let's face it, episode 3 only takes place in a very small and enclosed area. Principal Strickland is most likely not a part of First Citizen Brown's administration the actual running of the town.
    If he's working at the college then it's not likely we will see him in episode 4 either.
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe we'll still get to see little crossdressing Jerald Strickland when we return to the '30s. :P
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe we'll still get to see little crossdressing Jerald Strickland when we return to the '30s. :P

Yea maybe Artie dates him before he meets Sylvia, thus Strickland has it out for the McFly's when he becomes principal...because Artie broke his heart. :eek:
  • edited March 2011
    Yea maybe Artie dates him before he meets Sylvia, thus Strickland has it out for the McFly's when he becomes principal...because Artie broke his heart. :eek:

It turns out Trixie is Mr. Strickland.

Oh man, Telltale, we've figured out your surprise twist ending!
  • edited March 2011
    Ah my mistake.

I thought that Principal Strickland was Edna's son.

No, She is his sister. lol I believe it stated that in Episode 1 when Marty was at her apt.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I thought so too when I heard that. I also thought of Back to the Future the Animated Series where Marty is in college where a Strickland is the dean. :)
  • Jennifer wrote: »
    I thought so too when I heard that. I also thought of Back to the Future the Animated Series where Marty is in college where a Strickland is the dean. :)

Haha i was watching that on youtube! IIRC there were quite a few stricklands scattered across time. I know marty remarks there's a tannen in every time period!
  • edited April 2011
    I thought it would be funny if "Principal" Strickland was a worse case than Biff. : 3
  • edited April 2011
    I do hope to see Mr. Strickland in the next episode. I think it is only fitting for Edna to be a Strickland, since she's definitely all about discipline and all that.
  • edited April 2011
    Ok, after finishing episode 4 I'm sure he won't be in the game.
  • Ok, after finishing episode 4 I'm sure he won't be in the game.

i wouldnt be that convinced. I bet after episodes 2 and 3 we didnt think we'd see kid tannen again. They do seem to enjoy adding cameos.

But i doubt he becomes an important plot point.
  • edited April 2011
    he was in Episode 4. Their is a picture of him as a kid dressed as a woman. You have to make Emmet rage hate while the pic is up.
  • edited April 2011
    It would be cool if he would make an apperance in Ep. 5 and call you a slacker.
  • edited April 2011
    while on the subject of strickland, young edna is referred as a strickland in 1931, am i wrong to think she married principal strickland before 1986?

why would she have the last name of stickland before meeting him?

or is edna principal strickland's grandma?
  • edited April 2011
    fzeroman wrote: »
    while on the subject of strickland, young edna is referred as a strickland in 1931, am i wrong to think she married principal strickland before 1986?

They were married for awhile, but decided that being brother and sister and husband and wife was too hard! :eek:
  • edited April 2011
    fzeroman wrote: »

Yeah she is his older sister.:D
  • fzeroman wrote: »

This is the first time in my entire life i've seen someone ask if a character is another characters signifigant other or grandparent :eek:
  • edited June 2011
    Well... no principal Strickland in the game. That sucks
Sign in to comment in this discussion.