25th Anniversary?

edited March 2013 in Sam & Max
"Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple" was released in 1987. Next year the Freelance Police will be turning 25.

Some kind of celebration is order. Sadly, I think we already know Telltale's schedule for the next two years, and Steve is still pretty busy over at Pixar.

Something needs to be done.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    A Sam & Max bumper pack, includes all Three Seasons on DVD, a Hit the Road Special Edition, the season one and two Soundtrack CD's, a special re-issue of the Season one case file and the season two case file along with a copy of Surfin' the Highway.
  • edited March 2011
    Don't forget Freelance Police!
  • edited March 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    A Sam & Max bumper pack, includes all Three Seasons on DVD, a Hit the Road Special Edition, the season one and two Soundtrack CD's, a special re-issue of the Season one case file and the season two case file along with a copy of Surfin' the Highway.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money00_5320.jpg

Seriously, though, I'm all for something in celebration.
  • edited March 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »

This. I want this.
  • edited April 2011
    Me want this also!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    what about telltale reprints The Age of S&M and The Effigy Mound ?
  • edited April 2011
    Vyse220 wrote: »

:eek: This, this, this, this!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    :eek: This, this, this, this!!!!!!

maybe in a 2 in 1 book, that would be awesome
  • edited April 2011
    I'd love just about anything
  • edited April 2011
    I would be oh so happy if lucasarts released a HD version of hit the road.
    I'm pretty sure TTG will give away some Sam and max episodes to celebrate.
    But I would be beyond happy if the season one case file was back in the store.. Add to that a season three case file and I would literally shed tears of joy.
  • edited April 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I would be oh so happy if lucasarts released a HD version of hit the road.
    I'm pretty sure TTG will give away some Sam and max episodes to celebrate.
    But I would be beyond happy if the season one case file was back in the store.. Add to that a season three case file and I would literally shed tears of joy.

I pictured the season 3 case-file to be The devil's toybox including all the toys of power (even the nutri specs!!!) and each of the toys would be able to have some sort of bells and whistle to them. It was great, but then I woke up... Or was it, i stopped looking into the future vision. Hmm...
  • edited April 2011
    Basically everything that's been said I want.
  • edited April 2011
    WAIT... you guys are forgetting something really important... another 25th anniversary...

like the day of my birth, maybe?

In all seriousness, why don't we send Steve Purcell some "birthday cards" to Sam and Max? If Telltale or The Almighty Purcell doesn't do anything cool, heck, I'LL run a contest of some sort. With prizes, of course.
  • FlyFly
    edited April 2011
    Let's all get together and have a huge game of Fizzball on the roof of some building that's suitably tall and dangerous. I vote St Paul's Cathedral.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    In all seriousness, why don't we send Steve Purcell some "birthday cards" to Sam and Max? If Telltale or The Almighty Purcell doesn't do anything cool, heck, I'LL run a contest of some sort. With prizes, of course.

This is a pretty neat idea.
    Fly wrote: »
    Let's all get together and have a huge game of Fizzball on the roof of some building that's suitably tall and dangerous. I vote St Paul's Cathedral.

St Paul's Cathedral??

St%20Pauls%20Cathedral.jpg

Live a little, let's do it on the Gherkin!

Gherkin_l.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Add to that a season three case file and I would literally shed tears of joy.

if telltale didn't upload the season concept art pics i would say there was no hope for this
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    this is a pretty neat idea.

St paul's cathedral??

st%20pauls%20cathedral.jpg

live a little, let's do it on the gherkin!

gherkin_l.jpg

yes. The gherkin.
  • edited April 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    This is a pretty neat idea.

St Paul's Cathedral??

St%20Pauls%20Cathedral.jpg

Live a little, let's do it on the Gherkin!

Gherkin_l.jpg

how about toronto tower?
    Toronto_2011.jpg

or maybe sega world that closed in 8 years?
    SegaWorld_Escalator.JPG
  • edited April 2011
    i say the HD edition is a good choose, and the season three files. but maybe a limited re-launch of the comics?
  • edited April 2011
    Nah man. Fizzball's best played on the Spire in Dublin:
    spire_dublin_ir1.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    So... A collection of people playing Fizzball around the world for the 25th Anniversary? Sounds good to me!
  • edited May 2011
    Vyse220 wrote: »

This would change my life, I still search for these once a month to see if anyone has them for less than a hundred.
  • edited October 2011
    ...I was thinking all of us Sam and Max fans should do something together... like, come up with the ultimate fan project to honor our beloved suit-wearing dog and non-suit-wearing lagomorph!

(Which will hopefully more than make up for us not getting anything Sam-and-Max-related from Telltale this year, so far at least.)

Any suggestions for how to make 2012 a year to remember for Sam and Max fans (in an awesome way, of course) will be welcome here!

I have ordered a copy of Sam and Max: Surfin' The Highway from Telltale's store... and once I have read every single word and understood every single storyline in that magnificent tome, I can draw inspiration from the book and come up with a memorable script for a potential motion comic to mark this occasion! However, that book would have to arrive at my house first before I can read from it (what is taking so long anyway?).

What are your ideas?
  • edited October 2011
    actally we are getting sam and max season 2 for ps3 and ipad so i guess thats the sam and max thing we get this year
  • edited October 2011
    actally we are getting sam and max season 2 for ps3 and ipad so i guess thats the sam and max thing we get this year

Maybe I should have rephrased that to say "some new Sam and Max game, cartoon, or other project this year".
  • edited October 2011
    well i guess it would have been a idea XD
  • edited October 2011
    Wow, Sam & Max are as old as I am, I feel a closer bond with them than ever. You know what would really make Sam & Max's 25th anniversary, as well as my own 25th birthday, another landmark achievement, really special? Sam & Max Season 4 :cool:

Just putting it out there ;)
  • edited October 2011
    I've got the perfect place for a game of fizzball:

The Burj Al Arab Tower.

tall-tennis-court.jpg
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011
    "We can only hope."
  • edited December 2011
    I will go beyond the happy, if a case file of the season .. added to the file stored in a season three cases, I would like to literally shed tears of joy.
  • edited December 2011
    While TellTale edition reprints of The Age of S&M and The Effigy Mound would be awesome for the 25th Anniversary, it seems more likely that if anything is done to commemorate it, it'll be something more along like the lines of a Special Edition Box Set. I could see something like it including all three seasons, and then another bonus DVD filled with lots of extras. Though that'd kind of suck for me then, 'cause then I'd have to buy all three seasons again for the third time, ahah...

Though honestly I'll be happy if it just gets acknowledged at all, even if it's something just as simple as Mr. Purcell draws a short new comic to celebrate. I do wanna buy more merchandise, and for more merchandise to exist for that matter, so I'm kind of hoping we may get some new items in the store for the anniversary too.
  • edited December 2011
    A new special stand-alone episode, perhaps even an adaptation of one of the original comic storylines would be pretty neat.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    A new special stand-alone episode, perhaps even an adaptation of one of the original comic storylines would be pretty neat.
    I've got the perfect place for a game of fizzball:

The Burj Al Arab Tower.

Hah! How about Fizzball Night at the Inventory??
  • edited January 2012
    Hah! How about Fizzball Night at the Inventory??

This.
  • edited January 2012
    Oh, and check out Steve Purcell's latest blog entry to kick off the new year!

SM_NewYear.jpg

Sam and Max are looking sharp in those tuxes!
  • edited January 2012
    It would be awesome if telltale just DO SOMETHING for the anniversary, it seems that they forgot about sam & max lately
  • edited January 2012
    (from November 20th, regarding the anniversary)
    dancon wrote: »
    Can't talk about anything right now

...Sounds like they're up to something.
  • edited January 2012
    How about a new Sam and Max shirt? The Max Imp one is nice and all, but it doesn't exactly scream Sam and Max: Freelance Police.
  • edited January 2012
    I agree and beg of telltale to make new t-shirts.
  • edited January 2012
    No offence to the Telltale folks who put the hard work into it, but I sure hope the iOS release of season 2 wasn't the S&M news Dan was hush about.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.