25th Anniversary?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Maybe Steve will announce that he will unveil a new Sam and max adventure in a 1400 page graphic novel . and while im dreaming they will also announce the revival of sam and max tv show or better yet a sam and max movie by pixar. oh and lets tack on the release of the season 3 soundtrack that's been on hold for a good year and half. oh i can dream of the possibilities....that will only stay dreams since this is the real world.

so yeah we can send him a nice card
  • edited February 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    No offence to the Telltale folks who put the hard work into it, but I sure hope the iOS release of season 2 wasn't the S&M news Dan was hush about.

If that's the case (which would be really, really, really, really, really, really lame.) Then they probably would've mention in the blog post like: "In honor of Sam and Max's 25th birthday..."
  • edited February 2012
    So what did they do for the 25th anniversary.
  • edited February 2012
    alik44 wrote: »
    So what did they do for the 25th anniversary.

Nothing other than put Beyond Time and Space on iOS. Seriously, what's going on here?
  • edited February 2012
    They DID celebrate the 20th aniversary by rereleasing Surfin The Highway. Do we really expect them to celebrate every five year milestone?
  • edited February 2012
    lovetodo22 wrote: »
    They DID celebrate the 20th aniversary by rereleasing Surfin The Highway. Do we really expect them to celebrate every five year milestone?

Yes.
  • edited February 2012
    lattsam wrote: »
    Yes.

Then again, we expect a lot of stuff. Like that every game Telltale makes has to be 100% perfect and awesome. Set your standards lower and you will be not be disappointed.
  • edited February 2012
    Yes.

Ideally, we would like to hope that they'd do that, yes. Just like ideally, you and I would like the original voice actors from Hit The Road to come back. But I've had to face the fact that Telltale is busy with a lot of new licenses they should have never picked up and Steve is pretty busy with Brave, that Pixar movie that he's working on, that to be completely honest, I am totally pumped to see!
  • edited February 2012
    jawaj wrote: »
    Hey Lattasam i have a usb with a 60% percent complete Freelance police game , All the sprite models, All the voices, and the entire script written on it. Want it?

How can I be sure this isn't a trick?
  • edited February 2012
    how can i be sure this isn't a trick?

the caek is a pi
  • edited February 2012
    Hey Lattasam i have a usb with a 60% percent complete Freelance police game , All the sprite models, All the voices, and the entire script written on it. Want it?

Files or it didn't happen.
  • edited February 2012
    Here's the link

Megaupload.com/file/77518

You do know Megaupload went belly-up a while ago, right?

Anywhere else?
  • edited February 2012
    He's playing with you. Ignore him.
  • edited February 2012
    He's playing with you. Ignore him.

Got it.
  • edited February 2012
    Inform Seibert. There's another troll on the loose!!!!!
  • edited March 2012
    I'm worried. Tomorrow will be the eighth anniversary of... that day. You can tell I'm very emotional...

*sniff* Why, LucasArts? Why did you have to do what you did?!?!
  • edited March 2012
    If only we got three really good games since then, then it wouldn't matter.
  • edited March 2012
    Teeth wrote: »
    If only we got three really good games since then, then it wouldn't matter.

Yeah, but instead we got some games that want to be Heavy Rain and L.A. Noire but never will be Heavy Rain and L.A. Noire.
  • edited March 2012
    Wait...Seasons 1 to 3 really wanted to be games that hadn't come out yet? Talk about being overambitious...
  • edited March 2012
    Teeth wrote: »
    Wait...Seasons 1 to 3 really wanted to be games that hadn't come out yet? Talk about being overambitious...

I was talking about the Jurassic Park and Law & Order games!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2012
    I'm worried. Tomorrow will be the eighth anniversary of... that day. You can tell I'm very emotional...

*sniff* Why, LucasArts? Why did you have to do what you did?!?!
    Well, at least we got the trailer which gave us a new Sam & Max character to play around with in fan art :)

maxcatnewyear.png

I'd love to see Freelance Police too (I'm sure any Sam & Max fan would), but unless a fan remakes it based on the footage and information that's been released so far, we'll never see it.
  • edited March 2012
    lovetodo22 wrote: »
    Inform Seibert. There's another troll on the loose!!!!!

Ok I'll add him to the list.

1. Sonny Strait
    2. An extra in Battlefield Earth
    3. My long lost possibly dead dad
    and now Seibert.

Its a list of people who it makes no difference if we inform them of a troll being here!
  • edited March 2012
    You know what would be a great 25th celebration?

The Devil's Playhouse Soundtrack
  • edited March 2012
    Improbable Anniversary Wish List:

-Reprints of The Age of S&M and The Effigy Mound
    -Hit the Road HD in collaboration with LucasArts
    -The Devil's Playhouse's official soundtrack
    -Special anniversary comic from Purcell
    -Season 4 announcement

Getting any one of these would be amazing! :P
  • edited March 2012
    -Reprints of The Age of S&M and The Effigy Mound

THIS, and the soundtracks as well. They're all so hard to find and even then they can go for some ridiculous prices.
    Obviously all those other things would be amazing, and I'd be happy if we got one of them, but the sketchbooks and soundtracks make me sad every time I remember they aren't in the store anymore.
  • edited March 2012
    I, of course, would add Freelance Police to the above list!
  • edited March 2012
    I, of course, would add Freelance Police to the above list!

Or at least use some plot ideas. I'd like to see that "infiltrate a school dance" thing, that would be a load of laughs!
  • edited March 2012
    I want sam and max plush toys!!!! Please??????
  • edited March 2012
    G1orkatsos wrote: »

I still can't believe there isn't any after years of demand and begging from us ravenous bunch :p
  • edited March 2012
    G1orkatsos wrote: »

Sign in this thread:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3445

Hard to believe that started almost 5 years ago, has 22 pages of signatures, and still nothing....
  • edited March 2012
    Hm. A reprint of the sketchbooks WOULD be good.
  • edited March 2012
    Hey guys, I'm wondering, does anyone know the exact date of the 25th anniversary? What day (as in what month/day in 1987) was Monkeys Violating the Hidden Temple first published? I've searched around and can't seem to find out anywhere! I'd really love the know the exact date of the anniversary!
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    xChri5x wrote: »

That's what I remember, too. It's weird to think that Sam and Max and I are the same age...
  • edited September 2012
    hello peoples the only thing i have seen is a 25th aniversery sale on steam where you can get all 3 seasons on steam for $15
  • edited September 2012
    On the Steve's Sam and Max blog he says in a post about the 25th anniversary:
    I've got some other things brewing (as you may have guessed) and will fill you in as they take shape.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Maybe not for the 25th... but our heroes might yet return sooner than anticipated.

Look at where they seem to have thrown their car keys:

http://www.thekeyparty.com/

Discussion here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44973
  • edited March 2013
    Nope still looks like Poker Night 2 because remember the TF 2 items has Sam's hat.
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe not for the 25th... but our heroes might yet return sooner than anticipated.

Look at where they seem to have thrown their car keys:

http://www.thekeyparty.com/

Discussion here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44973

That... totally looks like the DeSoto keys. It even has a conquistador in the keyring.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Sign in to comment in this discussion.