Comic discussion

edited April 2011 in The Walking Dead
It's odd that there is no "comic discussion" thread by now, so im making one.

To be clear, here it will be discussed up to the latest number, that said, if you haven't catched up to #83 (or the latest number published on whatever future date you are reading this, you fool time traveller) don't read further cause there will be no spoiler tags up ahead. You have been warned.

Ok, now on to #83.

Im sure im not the only one that thought that half of his brain was gone along with his eye. And then stop cursing when it wasn't.

I now know that if i survive a zombie apocalypse i will start a prostheses shop.

So, what were your impression on #83?
Is Carl ok?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Yeah that was defenently the second most shocking twist ever(most shocking being the one twin killing the other, I expected they would die but not at all like that)
  • edited April 2011
    Man, I wish I could find these comics somewhere. I feel so left out, it's bringing back sour memories... *shuddes*
  • edited April 2011
    I need to catch up on these comics because I'm really looking foreward to it. I usually just buy them when they're collected into the book versions. I have a few of the hard cover books of the walking dead on my shelf right now. Must catch up! DX
  • edited April 2011
    Ignatius wrote: »
    It's odd that there is no "comic discussion" thread by now, so im making one.

Ok, now on to #83.

Im sure im not the only one that thought that half of his brain was gone along with his eye. And then stop cursing when it wasn't.

I now know that if i survive a zombie apocalypse i will start a prostheses shop.

So, what were your impression on #83?
    Is Carl ok?

I'm sure Carl just lost his eye, like when Rick was shot in issue 1 half his torso was gone, but he grew it back later that issue. : )
  • edited April 2011
    WingSP117 wrote: »
    I'm sure Carl just lost his eye, like when Rick was shot in issue 1 half his torso was gone, but he grew it back later that issue. : )

He didnt lose half his torso. He did lose a lot, but not his entire torso. The comics are at least trying to be realistic.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, i thought it was more like the shot coming out from his back.

Besides i think no one expect the protagonist to die in the first page of the first issue.
  • edited April 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    He didnt lose half his torso. He did lose a lot, but not his entire torso. The comics are at least trying to be realistic.

You're right, It was about 25% of his chest cavity. Before I anger someone, I love the walking dead, I try to get each issue on their release date, but the chances of survival with that chest wound are none. I'm sticking to Carl will just lose his right eye.

Dammit, I need to know now though....
This discussion has been closed.