Has a new sam and max cartoon been talked about yet?

edited May 2011 in Sam & Max
I am aware that there was one back in the 90's. Seeing that mostly everything gets rebooted nowadays, has a sam and max cartoon reboot(meaning something new) been talked about yet? It would be nice though.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    What Steve Purcell is up to behind the scenes is anyone's guess. If he's been trying to make a new cartoon, nothing public has been said about it.

I do know that Steve is too busy at Pixar right now to get involved with Sam and Max at the moment, and he's more interested in releasing a new comic than a new cartoon.
  • edited April 2011
    I don't see this happening any time soon.
  • edited April 2011
    If a cartoon series were to be made now, it would be more the company aproaching Steve about it rather than him pitching it to a company.
  • FlyFly
    edited April 2011
    Please stop talking about this, everyone. Not only is it not happening, it's making me mad with longing for it to happen :(
  • edited April 2011
    Fly wrote: »
    Please stop talking about this, everyone. Not only is it not happening, it's making me mad with longing for it to happen :(

How can you be sure it's not going to happen?
  • edited April 2011
    I would imagine this is one of the most asked questions that Steve gets at cons.. probably right after.. "why doesn't Max wear pants since Sam does.. doesn't it make Sam uncomfortable that Max doesn't? I mean even if they are close they still have to share furniture."
  • FlyFly
    edited April 2011
    I can't be sure, but it's seriously unlikely. It's not like it's a huge merchandise-ready empire with block; it's a cult thing liked by a small family of weirdoes and centred mostly around some spinoff video games of the original material. Remember the 90s cartoon got pulled after one season.
  • edited April 2011
    i believe the cartoon was highly rated though
  • edited April 2011
    I think this is the 7th time that this is brought up, either that or I have miscounted. Anyways. A new cartoon would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it happening anytime soon.
  • edited April 2011
    I'd love it if there was a new series for Adult Swim, watching it back-to-back with The Drinky Crow Show (I'd love to see that become a Telltale game).

Perhaps if everyone were to email Cartoon Network & request it, it might happen. http://www.adultswim.com/footer/contact/index.html
  • edited May 2011
    Almost all cartoon today suck, (that are targeted for 6-12 year olds) this would be great to finally to have more worthy cartoons on the field.
  • edited May 2011
    Official, no, but there are at least 2 unofficial fan-made S+M cartoons in the works (not edits of the originals, completely made from the ground up). If we're lucky one of those will actually pull through.
  • edited May 2011
    Fan works? Is one of them Max with a German accent sample that was posted on the fan art thread? Can't remember who made it, but the voice and animation were great.
  • edited May 2011
    Fan works? Is one of them Max with a German accent sample that was posted on the fan art thread? Can't remember who made it, but the voice and animation were great.

That makes 3 then. :D

No, one is 100% American, the other is supposedly Anime-style so no idea what the voices would sound like but I'd bet against German...
  • edited May 2011
    I'll have to find the post but I think it was a wjile ago. Does anyone else know anything about it?
  • edited May 2011
    If anything I would like to see more flash cartoons done.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.