Reality 2.0 "Next time..." trailer

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
... is up for your viewing pleasure, along with some screenshots, right here.

If you prefer your trailers in WMV form, look no further.

Enjoy, etc :)

The trailer was put together by Nick, with music and sound as always by Jared and Julian at Bay Area Sound!

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Hehe cool! Looking forward for this!
  • edited March 2007
    Creepy...

Fortunately, I have confidence. The Internet seems to be trapping people by hypnotizing them into not wanting to leave... And Sam & Max are both immune to hypnosis.
  • edited March 2007
    Wow! Great, great job on the trailer!

I can't wait to play it. Oh, that's right. I don't have to wait. Tee-hee.
  • edited March 2007
    Haha fantastic remake of Bosco's Unconvenient Store's music, this episode must have a huge potential. I'm impatient now. Rah.
  • edited March 2007
    Holy crap, that looks cool.
  • edited March 2007
    That trailer's actually pretty scary. I'm a wuss, I know.

Looking forward to it...
  • edited March 2007
    Hugh Bliss IS Gandalf the Grey in "Sam and Max: Reality 2.0!" ;)
  • edited March 2007
    I couldn't help but notice a bit where Sam appears to be choking himself with his own tie.

What manner of situation could drive a dog to that kind of self-obedience?
  • edited March 2007
    Why is April 12th so far away? D:
  • edited March 2007
    making fun of the internet reality 2.0 second life etc.. gold! :D This episode looks amazing
  • edited March 2007
    why do i get the feeling that you can actually "die" in this episode.............. :D

if the episode has the same (if not better) length, setup, and difficulty as episode 4, then they will have yet another winner on their hands

keep it up....
  • edited March 2007
    some of the backgrounds look very Psychonauts-ish
  • edited March 2007
    So...Episode 5 is one giant System Shock 2 parody? Awesome! :D
  • edited March 2007
    Very Tron-like floors.

"Did anyone see the movie Tron?"
    "No, no no no no no no no no no.... Yes... No wait, I mean no"
  • edited March 2007
    Would a little bit of glow be too costy for the vr stuff?
  • edited March 2007
    Turn your lights off and your monitor brightness up.
  • edited March 2007
    And breaking your neck whilst trying to reach the computer from the turned off light switch. Or you could build a "push-that-button-on-the-other-side of-the-room"-device... :O)
  • edited March 2007
    whats that movie with the futuristic bikes a red and blue line racing to the death..was that tron? haven't seen it since the 80s so my recollection is real sketchy
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    taumel wrote: »
    Would a little bit of glow be too costy for the vr stuff?

It's quite cheap actually: squint.

And yeah, Hero, you're thinking of Tron :)
  • edited March 2007
    @Jake
    This way i generally get double out of the game as well... :O)

But seriously it looks kind of v1 without a glow (also if you compare it to tron2, psychonauts, ..., even Dave Chapell had a glow if i remember the sketch right). Hmmm glow isn't this hard but it can be costy if your gfx card sucks. Would force those users to lower the resolution or turn it off in the settings. For planes you also could do well just with gradients in the textures.

Anyway i liked the arcade machine.

And congratulations to Emily's birthday! :O)
  • edited March 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    whats that movie with the futuristic bikes a red and blue line racing to the death..was that tron? haven't seen it since the 80s so my recollection is real sketchy

You're aussie, right? So you're no doubt thinking of BMX Bandits.

:p
  • edited March 2007
    Augmented reality will one day change the world:

augmented-reality-hud.jpg

Let's just hope it comes with an on/off switch. Reality 2.0 is an obvious warning from Telltale.
  • edited March 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    why do i get the feeling that you can actually "die" in this episode.............. :D

Well, it could be because Bosco's slushy machine is a "Spawn Point" in the virtual reality. We'll see why soon. :)
  • edited March 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    It's quite cheap actually: squint.

And yeah, Hero, you're thinking of Tron :)

-pretends he's on one of those bikes, racing around- :D
  • edited March 2007
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Hugh Bliss IS Gandalf the Grey in "Sam and Max: Reality 2.0!" ;)
    Yeah, and do my eyes deceive me, or does Bosco have elf ears? Could it be... could it be... *gasp* a LOTR parody? That would be amazing. But I'd also settle for just making fun of generic fantasy, be it in MMORPG form or not.
  • edited March 2007
    Sebastian wrote: »
    I couldn't help but notice a bit where Sam appears to be choking himself with his own tie.

What manner of situation could drive a dog to that kind of self-obedience?

It could be just trailer animation they did like with Sam "getting run over" and Bosco putting his hand over his heart and lowering his head in sadness in the Episode 4 Trailer. Those shots I never saw once in the game itself.
  • edited March 2007
    Sheesh... TTG really knows how not to please customers... we have been complaining about not having new environments, and in this episode it looks like we are back in the same environments as always... Sybil's, Bosco's, the street, etc... can't you guys ever think up anything new, stylish, and creative?

BTW, that was sarcasm. I am so excited... because this time every environment will apparently be new and augmented with the newest release of Reality!!!
  • edited March 2007
    Did anyone else think that "The Internet" looked remarkably like The Director in terms of hairstyle and (some) facial features?

Comparison:
  • edited March 2007
    Hmm, good point. I hope she does make a comeback in one way or another.
  • edited March 2007
    OH MAN what a trailer! This looks too good!
  • edited March 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Hmm, good point. I hope she does make a comeback in one way or another.
    Me too. Her short temper and authority make her an ideal support character to Sam & Max.
    Sam: So what are you doing here?
    Director: What am I doing here? I'm the director! THE DIRECTOR!
    Max: Could've fooled...
    Director: Shut up!
    Oh my, there was a lot of brilliant dialogue with her.:D
  • edited March 2007
    Tyraa Rane wrote: »
    Why is April 12th so far away? D:

oh, I wish I was the president, so I could change the official date :o
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    It could be just trailer animation they did like with Sam "getting run over" and Bosco putting his hand over his heart and lowering his head in sadness in the Episode 4 Trailer. Those shots I never saw once in the game itself.

I'm SOO glad someone noticed my custom chore work for that! It took me half a day to do those.

And I'm glad the trailer is getting such good feedback. But these past two trailers are putting the pressure on for the last one. :o
  • edited March 2007
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that "The Internet" looked remarkably like The Director in terms of hairstyle and (some) facial features?

I thought it/she looked familiar...
  • edited March 2007
    I've just realized that the image featuring Myra 2.0 has a filename of "ep5_
    auntie
    .jpg". Does this mean that she will be known as "
    Auntie Virus
    " (or a similar pun) in Reality 2.0? Or is it a startling revelation about someone's family tree that will be exclusively revealed in the "E-Alien Love Pentagon RSS Feed"?
  • edited March 2007
    did anyone else notice that they changed the calendar to march and that the bill of rights was stuck to the dartboard in the office
  • edited March 2007
    lol. I love the picture of the computers having a meeting.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Zeek wrote: »

The tie-choking is in episode 5. :)
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    I didn't wanna say that cause I was afraid Jake was gonna spoiler tag me, so I'm glad you did :)
  • edited March 2007
    Nothing like a distopian society brought on by the Internet to wake one up in the morning...

Looks great! Can't wait 'till the 12th!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.