Reality 2.0 "Next time..." trailer

2»

Comments

• edited March 2007
    yeah, excellent work nick............. your trailers are so, epic.... and they give you an inside look at the game without giving away any major spoilers, and the ending quote..............wow!

not to mention all of the custom effects and shots.......... the static over the screen, and the internet taking over and interupting the trailer in the begining was brilliant

i hope that you get the chance to work on the trailers for other telltale projects, like bone and csi
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    yeah, excellent work nick............. your trailers are so, epic.... and they give you an inside look at the game without giving away any major spoilers, and the ending quote..............wow!

not to mention all of the custom effects and shots.......... the static over the screen, and the internet taking over and interupting the trailer in the begining was brilliant

i hope that you get the chance to work on the trailers for other telltale projects, like bone and csi

Hey thanks! I didn't think I was gonna be able to do anything good with this one. It came down to the last day and I hadn't even started, as opposed to the entire week I had for Episode 4. It originally resembled more of a "Hills Have Eyes" type trailer with all of the messed up cuts, but once Jared added the music in, it feels more "Orson Wells"y. I truly appreciate the feedback!
  • edited March 2007
    Do Sam's eyes disappear completely near the beginning of the trailer (starting at the "stuffed in a..." line) or is it just me?

I've got a screenshot here: http://i13.tinypic.com/2z750si.png
    edited March 2007
    ahh... the magic of video editing...
  • edited March 2007
    Nick be careful they are just building you up so they can tear you down :)
  • edited March 2007
    this looks interesting. underneath all that cool virtual reality goodness, i hope alot of things are different.
  • edited March 2007
    NickTTG wrote: »
    And I'm glad the trailer is getting such good feedback. But these past two trailers are putting the pressure on for the last one. :o

Nick, are you allergic to anything? I am trying to figure out what to send in your fruit basket if you do another great job on the next trailer.
    Or what to send you if you screw up, muhahahaha

No pressure,
    Cheers!
  • edited March 2007
    If he screws up then we can send a fruitloaf. I don't think anyone likes those.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    What the heck is a fruitloaf?
  • edited March 2007
    I think it may be one of those things you'd be better off having never experienced... :eek:
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    What the heck is a fruitloaf?

I think he might mean a fruit cake.

cutfruitcake.jpg
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    dwarf battle bread
  • edited March 2007
    http://images.google.com/images?q=fruit+loaf

Is it a bit like spice cake, but with fruit in it? If so, it shouldn't be too bad.
  • edited March 2007
    Oh, yes, I meant fruit cake. :p Thanks for correcting me. Yeah, some fruitcakes might be ok, but not those cheap cruddy ones full of preservatives you get from relatives who don't know what else to send you.

Do a good job on the next trailer and maybe some of us could contribute and send ya something nice. Like, an, uhhhhh... Well something good, we'll have to look around. :p
  • edited March 2007
    A box of chockerlates.
    edited March 2007
    I'll take it all! And for the record, my doctor told me I have a slight allergy to every food group, so no matter what you send me, it'll be poison to my body.
    :(
  • edited March 2007
    Oh really? Well that's an added benefit! Ha ha, I jest. :p We'll have to get someone here who everyone trusts to collect all of the donations, then we'll buy somethin' for all you guys at Telltale. How does that sound? :D
  • edited March 2007
    Here is my thread on the trailer. I hope you guys can answer some of the questions and/or provide more theories! So far, I've got a ton.
  • edited March 2007
    Just noticed, there's a short gameplay video up on the Sam and Max page now.
    Looking closely, there seems to be some goggles in the corner, so it seems like you can switch between the same places in Reality and Reality 2.0 just by taking the goggles on and off.

And hooray for l33t speak!
  • edited March 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Just noticed, there's a short gameplay video up on the Sam and Max page now.
    Looking closely, there seems to be some goggles in the corner, so it seems like you can switch between the same places in Reality and Reality 2.0 just by taking the goggles on and off.

And hooray for l33t speak!
    Interesting. Looks like Max got a new dialog animation or two. I also like the subtle remix of the background music.
    And that hunch about the goggles is also confirmed by what Sam says in the video. Which makes me wonder how it can be at all difficult to evacuate a mere 6 inhabitants, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
  • edited March 2007
    hey, that looks awesome(the gameplay clip) and suddenly I feel like I am not so scared of playing this next episode anymore(no offense nick) :) Damn thing that Gametap gets it tomorrow :P grrr! I could just smack their little bums!
  • edited March 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Interesting. Looks like Max got a new dialog animation or two. I also like the subtle remix of the background music.
    And that hunch about the goggles is also confirmed by what Sam says in the video. Which makes me wonder how it can be at all difficult to evacuate a mere 6 inhabitants, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    Because The Internet is hypnotizing them into not WANTING to leave... ;)
  • edited March 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Because The Internet is hypnotizing them into not WANTING to leave... ;)
    Sure, but that doesn't explain why S&M can't just start forcibly removing goggles; or simply smashing them, for that matter:D. Hm, maybe that would just kill them similar to forcibly unplugging the matrix. Yeah, that's probably it..
    edited March 2007
    It's the internet... are you telling me the only people connected are in your neighborhood? hmmm.... what makes you think the world of Sam&Max is any different?
  • edited March 2007
    Maybe the fact that there are several places where we can see
    visitors: 000006
    ?:rolleyes:
  • edited March 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Maybe the fact that there are several places where we can see
    visitors: 000006
    ?:rolleyes:

Well it could just point to how many people who is at sybils "website", like a counter sort of thingie :)
    edited March 2007
    :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2007
    I think the plot has been pretty much figured out now. :( Which is a side effect of having lots of anxious fans... Maybe episode 6 should be a bit more of a secretive finale? :confused:
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    I think the plot has been pretty much figured out now. :( Which is a side effect of having lots of anxious fans...

There's a lot about episode 5 that no one knows yet. ;)
  • edited March 2007
    NickTTG wrote: »
    what makes you think the world of Sam&Max is any different?

EUREKA! World Of Sam And Max-Craft! *puppy-dog eyes* Pleeeeeeease? :p
  • edited March 2007
    I actually think a Sam & Max MMO where the only two characters you could create were Sam or Max would be pretty awesome :)
  • edited March 2007
    Hell yes it would! I can see it now...

*Player uses Headbite attack on Dire Jimmy, does 28 damage plus 6 damage from Hypnosis Potion*

Player: HELP PLZ, I NEEEED 3 SAMS TO JOYN MY PARTIE FOR AN INSTANSE AT BOSCO COVE!!1

Player2: ZOMG NOOB, YOO SHUD POWERLVL UR MAX FIRST ORR ULL GIT AMBUSHED BY THA MYRA HORDE!1

:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.