Back to the Future released on XBOX 360?

Just curious if anyone knew if this game will be released in any way, shape, or form on the XBOX 360 after all episodes are available. I'd heard a rumor that it would be available a few months after PS3 got all content, which is fine by me.

Also if anyone from TellTale patrols these boards, you have done a great justice to this series. I look forward to either purchasing the XBOX 360 version (if available) or the PC disc once available.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    The 360 hasn't gotten any Telltale games in a few years now.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, not since Wallace & Gromit Grand Adventures.
  • edited April 2011
    Oh boy, this thread again. It's been a long time since the last one like this, though, so I'll let it slide.

Anyway, there are no plans to release it on the 360. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll never do it, of course (anything's possible in the future), but they haven't done a non-PS3 console release since the Wii port of Sam and Max Season Two (I'm not counting the newest CSI game because that was Ubisoft-published). It sucks, but I'm sure they have a good reason.

I recommend just getting it on the PC. You can download the full first episode for free here if you'd like a demo (it's also a good way to test if your computer can run it). Hope this helps. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Yes i will definitely get it on the PC, i have no hate for Telltale and where they choose to release their games. I have a friend who has the games and I'm more then confident in its purchase. thanks for the help!:)
  • edited April 2011
    Yes i will definitely get it on the PC, i have no hate for Telltale and where they choose to release their games. I have a friend who has the games and I'm more then confident in its purchase. thanks for the help!:)

Basically, the short of it is, Microsoft did a poor job working with them on their previous releases, whereas Sony did a great job. Unfortunately, right now, I think Microsoft would be doing better than Sony. At least people aren't attacking XBox Live and getting it shut down. I swear, I think that's at least part of the reason for the delay of Episode 3 of BTTF. As for Xbox, if there is a release, I wouldn't expect it until after the series has concluded.
  • edited April 2011
    Regardless of their issues with Xbox Live it would still be nice if TellTale released a Disc version somewhere down the line.
  • edited April 2011
    ^

telltale doesn't usually do disc release of console games.
  • edited April 2011
    Gotta admit that I am still hoping for an XBOX 360 release. Doesn't matter if it is XBLA or disc just get it out there. That is a big audience that is being missed IMO.
  • edited April 2011
    Gotta admit that I am still hoping for an XBOX 360 release. Doesn't matter if it is XBLA or disc just get it out there. That is a big audience that is being missed IMO.

They can't do either, due to a huge difference in MSFT Requirements for Xbox over PC. The team has said this time and time again, it would take much longer for 360.
  • edited April 2011
    But they just announced they will start doing games on the xbox.
  • edited April 2011
    mjc0961 wrote: »

Probably why JP was delayed till the fall, Microsoft now has to review the game, and that'll take aaaaaaaaaages.
  • edited April 2011
    Probably why JP was delayed till the fall, Microsoft now has to review the game, and that'll take aaaaaaaaaages.

JP release for consoles was always set for fall. Its only pc tht was due this month.
  • edited April 2011

I think that's the whole point of this deal, so that the review process doesn't take as long.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere but it seemed like a good spot so here is the short JP story about Telltale making a full season disc version for the 360. It makes no mention of BTTF but this could be the start of something good.

Edit: maybe it would help if I posted the link

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1164673p1.html
  • edited April 2011
    It a good question!

TellTale announced today that Jurassic Park will be available on the Xbox 360 this fall when it releases. So, maybe when this series of BTTF ends, it will be released alongside Jurassic Park.

Just a guess.
  • edited April 2011
    well talltale the psn is pretty much gone...

the episode 3,4, 5 will be late?
  • edited April 2011
    well talltale the psn is pretty much gone...

the episode 3,4, 5 will be late?

Episode 5 of BTTF has no month, it just says "Final."
  • edited July 2011
    Just Wondering And i'll be killed for askin' any news on the whole BTTF thing for 360??

Let The Blood Letting Begin....
  • edited July 2011
    dinga6969 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere but it seemed like a good spot so here is the short JP story about Telltale making a full season disc version for the 360. It makes no mention of BTTF but this could be the start of something good.

Edit: maybe it would help if I posted the link

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1164673p1.html

well that sinks though they should have done this for the get go IIIIFFFF the release the game on a 360 disk it might be to late and no one will buy it....
  • edited August 2011
    I really hope we see this game on Xbox 360. I would love to see Back to the Future avatar items as well.

If it comes out on Xbox 360, I have a feeling it will sell very well. :)
  • edited August 2011
    Right now, its hard to tell. they have plans to put Jurassic Park on the xbox 360. So that could mean that there might be a potential port of BTTF along with it, but I'm just speculating.
  • edited August 2011
    Will there be one out for the Xbox 360 ? :confused:
  • edited August 2011
    No release has been announced for Xbox 360 at this moment.
  • edited September 2011
    Come ON!!! Make this happen!!! Want to play Back to the Future.
  • edited September 2011
    viper1829 wrote: »
    Come ON!!! Make this happen!!! Want to play Back to the Future.

Here's an idea. Since you apparently have a computer, why not just...get it on the PC? I mean, none of Telltale's games are Crysis. Unless your computer's really, really bad, you can probably run it. Hell, you can get the first episode for free. Use that to test if you can run it.

And even if your computer can't handle it, the 360 probably isn't your only console, is it? Get it on the PS3, or wait for the Wii version. Hell, if you have an iPad you could even play it there.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks that Telltale's given the 360 the shaft when it comes to BttF, especially since it's on every other system, but it's better if you try to work around the problem yourself than complain endlessly until someone else provides a solution that most likely isn't coming.
  • edited September 2011
    Just so people are aware, in Australia i have seen BTTF preorders at JB Hi Fi, GAME Aus and EB games for $99 Aus

JB and GAME have both since taken theirs down, but EB still says that BTTF will be released mid December 2011
  • edited September 2011
    I'm pretty late mentioning this, but I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up if this didn't turn out to be true. More than a year ago in one of my issues of OXM,(Official Xbox Magazine) under their 'Crystal Ball' section, they said Jurassic Park and BTTF would be released on the Xbox 360.

All the ''predictions'' I've read in that section usually turn out to be true. I figured if there was some kind of licensing or management issue with bringing it to the 360, then I would have gotten people's hopes up for nothing.

With this new licensing agreement between TellTale and Microsoft, it sounds like this could end up being true.
  • edited September 2011
    Well, with the new deal telltale has with Microsoft, and the fact that The Walking Dead was just announced to be a 360 title, Id say the odds of this happening are pretty high.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm still hoping to see this on Xbox 360.
  • edited October 2011
    I have high hopes for an xbox release. It's very likley since 1 telltalw iz now an official xbox publisher and 2 bttf has been a really good money maker for telltale so why not sell even more by releasing it on xbox
  • edited November 2011
    TELLTALE!!!! PLEASE MAKE A 360 VERSION!!!!
    I already bought the PC version on Steam, but I want it for the xBox, so are we gonna see it for the 360 anytime soon or what? Please if you are a Telltale staff please respond, thanks, I want it so bad!!!
  • edited November 2011
    mgeoff88 wrote: »
    I'm pretty late mentioning this, but I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up if this didn't turn out to be true. More than a year ago in one of my issues of OXM,(Official Xbox Magazine) under their 'Crystal Ball' section, they said Jurassic Park and BTTF would be released on the Xbox 360.

All the ''predictions'' I've read in that section usually turn out to be true. I figured if there was some kind of licensing or management issue with bringing it to the 360, then I would have gotten people's hopes up for nothing.

With this new licensing agreement between TellTale and Microsoft, it sounds like this could end up being true.

Looks like the latest US OXM (issue 130) also mentions Back to the Future in the Crystal Ball section.

I really hope this comes true. I'm sure many BTTF fans that are Xbox owners will glad to see it available.

I hope it's available for download on Xbox Live. A retail disc release would be just fine too.

BTTF avatar items to go along with it's release would be great. Maybe they can have some pre-order promo to get free BTTF avatar items. :D
  • edited November 2011
    Any news on the xbox 360 version ?
    I hoped they would release it after Jurassic Park :-/
  • edited January 2012
    Well? We're Waiting!

303ep1e.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    It could be nice an answer from Telltale, just a YES IT WILL BE RELEASED SOME DAY, or, nevermind, go and buy it for pc and forget the 360 version...

please? an answer?
  • edited January 2012
    Well? We're Waiting!

303ep1e.jpg

:D

I already have it for PS3 but I hope that it gets either a download or a disc based release like they did for the JP game for those of you who do not have a PS3.
  • edited March 2012
    I love BTTF. I have an Xbox 360, so this sucks. I would pay a good amount of Microsoft points to play this. I would buy the PC version but I only have a netbook since the PC died 2 years ago, I am sure my piece of junk HP mini won't play it. How about Android???. I have a Transform it rocks with games. Ipad is great but pricey.. Android Tabs are cheaper. even with the quad-cores coming out on phones it would play better then any Pc. My Photo....n would play it how about it Android market.
  • edited March 2012
    ps3 ftw
  • edited March 2012
    im still holding out as well, although i downloaded the free ipad 2 version recently to pass some time. Still waiting for final yes / no on the 360 version
Sign in to comment in this discussion.