Gift Selection For Telltale

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
Alright everyone, it's time to select which gift we want to buy for the folks at Telltale. Get voting, the poll will close in 2 weeks! :) The next poll will be to figure out how much money we can raise.

P.S. Employees can vote also. ;)

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Please vote appropriately. As in don't vote for a gift if you won't be donating, in which case you should select the "I won't be donating for a gift" option. Unless you're a Telltale Employee, then you can vote for a gift but, of course, you don't need to donate. :P

After the poll is closed, I will put up another poll to see how much we can raise, and then we will all debate which basket/flowers to get (if we decide on a basket and flowers). And after that poll we will decide who is most trustworthy to collect the cash, and that person will buy the gift(s) and mail it to Telltale. :)
  • edited March 2007
    Here's an idea that just randomly came to me--are there places that make custom stuffed animals? If so, you can probably guess what idea I have...
  • edited March 2007
    Link so we now what we vote on? Price? :)

Oooh! Numble thats a good idea!
  • edited March 2007
    If there are any places that make custom stuffed animals they'd be very expensive. About prices, we don't know what the prices will be because it depends on how many people are willing to donate. If more people will donate, we will get something better. Links below.

http://designsofdistinction.safeshopper.com/index.htm?604 (couldn't find the obstacle course, but most of their stuff is realllllllly expensive)
    http://www.grammawalt.com/
    http://www.gifttree.com/

I don't know how much the obstable course costs or where to buy it. That gift idea was from a Telltale employee. We might have to collect the money and then cash all the checks and send them one big check and they could buy the "Awesome Obstacle Course".
  • edited March 2007
    There's a place near me called Boyd's Bears or something like that, it seems they're a pretty famous place... anyway, they have a custom bear thing that's pretty cheap. I don't know how costomizable they are though.
  • edited March 2007
    Vote for #2 :)
  • edited March 2007
    Where's the option for Ketchup Cake?
  • edited March 2007
    I chose the cookies :D I like all the ideas, but cookies are ... well, cookies.
  • edited March 2007
    Ketchup cake!?! This is a serious matter. :p And no, no cheese either.
  • edited March 2007
    I bought all of Telltale's games, instead of trying to pirate them like so many others. I don't think they really want or need anything else from me.

If people really want to be generous and show Telltale their appreciation, I think it would be better to buy an episode or two for a friend who otherwise wouldn't play one of Telltale's games.
  • edited March 2007
    [sarcasm] we can send them a nice death threat, and everyone here can sign it

(does anyone have a severed cats head, i sent my last fresh one to my mother as a valentines day gift) [/sarcasm]
  • edited March 2007
    artwking wrote: »
    I bought all of Telltale's games, instead of trying to pirate them like so many others. I don't think they really want or need anything else from me.

If people really want to be generous and show Telltale their appreciation, I think it would be better to buy an episode or two for a friend who otherwise wouldn't play one of Telltale's games.

yeah getting more people to buy sam and max would be a good present :)
  • edited March 2007
    ....(sigh)
  • edited March 2007
    I picked the cookies. Nobody doesn't like cookies, right?
  • edited March 2007
    Haha... 6.6.6... Both even and satanistic... Me likes :)
  • edited March 2007
    It's almost neck and neck between all of them now.
  • edited March 2007
    When you say 'Awesome Obstacle Course', approximately how big is it, what's it going to look like, and how awesome will it be?
  • edited March 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    awesome_obstacle_course.jpg
    please?

It seems quite awesome :)
  • edited March 2007
    Donaters will be better customers and people than non-donaters.
    We'll be treated as garbage :(
  • edited March 2007
    There's no way I'll be spending my money on an awesome obstacle course that will be collecting dust after a week. :P
  • edited March 2007
    I should note that other similar products from the company that makes the obstacle course cost thousands, but I couldn't find that particular one... So, if it does indeed cost thousands, we'll have to get the next most popular choice in the poll. : /
  • edited March 2007
    No, I think we'll just have to keep raising money until we get enough. It may take time, but...we need to get them that.
  • edited March 2007
    Man, you sure? It could be $5,000. :/ It won't be easy. I guess we can try though.
  • edited March 2007
    I've tried and tried to find the A.O.C. on their website, but still can't find it. I emailed their sales department, hopefully they can help.
  • edited March 2007
    omg..look at the prices

http://stores.ebay.com/irsports
  • edited March 2007
    Actually, those prices are comparitively cheap.
  • edited March 2007
    If movies have taught me anything, it's that the best way to raise money is with an 80's-style musical montage.
  • edited March 2007
    Or a very determined lemonade stand.
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Bump
    :)
  • edited March 2007
    Heh heh heh. :p
  • edited March 2007
    Kevin wrote: »
    Bump
    :)

4hbagxk.gif
  • edited March 2007
    Maybe we should give TT a taste of their own medicine and send the gift to GameTap first... they could keep it there for 2 weeks, and release footage of them enjoying the gift... :D
  • edited March 2007
    thats just cruel............ who would do that to another person? :rolleyes:

do not worry, telltale will see my wrath when i am ruler of the free world, right after i get through all the other people on my "to-do" list

chuck-e-cheese
    my nosy neibhor
    my ex girlfriend
    my ex girlfriends new boyfriend
    my exgirlfriends new boyfriends brothers uncles cousin
    PETA
    the bridgeville police department
    the mexican mafia (we see you)
    the person who stole my wallet last week
    velcro
    mc-donalds
    the stuck up rich owner of my local starbucks
    those noisy kids down the block
    my mother
    my microwave
    time and space
    lucasarts
    dental floss
    the discovery channel
    spinners
    rap music
    mars
    those indvidually wrapped cheese slices
    daylight savings time
    rick james
    whoever controls the gas prices
    ahab the arab
    mapquest
    and myself
  • edited March 2007
    Wow, my to-do list is almost identical! Only differences being, mine has:

North Dakota
    Gladys Knight and at least 3 of the Pips
    Laverne (but NOT Shirley)
    Half-A-Cow Corporation (Half the price! Half the fat! Half the cow!)
    n00bs
    Valve
    Frito-Lay
    REO Speedwagon
    and Lars Ulrich's evil twin Murphy
  • edited March 2007
    Wow, I'd think you guys already played Episode 5 with you two talking like that. Creepy. ;)
  • edited March 2007
    *twitch* (Dr. Farnsworth voice) Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Sam and Max have a beef with the Half-A-Cow Corporation too? (see what I did there? A "beef"? Yeah, I'm witty like that.)
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    If you get them the Awesome Obstacle Course, you'll need to buy some land for them to put it on. If they have a new plot of land, you might as well get them a new building for their headquarters (with a Get Smart style entry device to keep out the competition). :)
  • edited March 2007
    Plot of land not included with gift. Donaters are not to be held responsible for for the ability to actually use gift. Health insurance policies not included, please consult a medical health professial before use or consumption. ;)
  • edited March 2007
    Obstacle Course might actually work.. every morning employees must pass it :D

employee "today's an easy day!" *opens the main door* "Noooooo!"

then we could see obstacle course even on season 2. "hey max what's that huge thing outside?" "that, my fellow, is our new enemy.. We must pass it always we get out" "NOOOO!"
  • edited March 2007
    Bump... We're going to need about 300 donations, so get votin'! They haven't emailed me back about the price for the A.O.C. BTW.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.