TELLTALE try to buy the unfinished Sam&Max from Lucasarts again!!!

2»

Comments

• edited October 2011
    It will not happen.
    It is a real shame that LucasArts didn't release a polished promising game, but that's that.
  • edited October 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    It will not happen.
    It is a real shame that LucasArts didn't release a polished promising game, but that's that.

*sigh* What is with all of this naysaying?
  • edited October 2011
    Not so much naysaying as it is realism. It's an unfinished, canceled game from years ago that has already had three other sequels since then. Show me another example in the history of gaming of something like that actually coming out?
  • edited October 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Not so much naysaying as it is realism. It's an unfinished, canceled game from years ago that has already had three other sequels since then. Show me another example in the history of gaming of something like that actually coming out?

DukeNukemForever.jpg

You were saying?
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, but that game ended up being horrible.
  • edited October 2011

And what makes you sure that Freelance Police will end up that way too?
  • edited October 2011
    lattsam wrote: »
    And what makes you sure that Freelance Police will end up that way too?

I don't, but no one wants to see Sam and Max stray down that road.
  • edited October 2011

the reasons people hated the game were because it took 15 years to make and it has duke treatment to woman

I HATE WHEN THEY TREAT GOOD GAMES BECAUSE EITHER THEY ARE DIFFERENT OR LONG WAITED
  • edited October 2011
    DukeNukemForever.jpg

You were saying?

One, DNF was never cancelled. Two, it was awful. Three, it did not have a successful slew of sequels in the meantime. It was over ten years since there was a Duke game that wasn't a shitty handheld/console platformer (ie: nothing like Duke Nukem 3D/Forever).
    seibert999 wrote: »
    the reasons people hated the game were because it took 15 years to make and it has duke treatment to woman

I HATE WHEN THEY TREAT GOOD GAMES BECAUSE EITHER THEY ARE DIFFERENT OR LONG WAITED

Or, it's just a bad game. I really hope you don't think there are people who think things like "This game is great but it took a long time to come out so I hate it!"
  • edited October 2011
    One, DNF was never cancelled.
    Or, it's just a bad game. I really hope you don't think there are people who think things like "This game is great but it took a long time to come out so I hate it!"

1.The Duke Nukem Forever team was fired, Making the game technically cancelled
    2.If you don't believe me read playstation magazines review, here is a clip from the section
    Its like a waste of 15 years
  • edited October 2011
    If you don't believe me read playstation magazines review, here is a clip from the section

Because the game was crap its a waste. No one said TMI was a waste of 9 years because it was great.
  • edited October 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Because the game was crap its a waste. No one said TMI was a waste of 9 years because it was great.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5300889
  • edited October 2011
    hay im just saying this but if you what freelance poliece gust buy lucasarts it seems the easy option at this pint
  • edited October 2011
    coolsome wrote: »

"THIS GAME IS AMAZING! I hate it." -- The Gaming Community in seibert999's Mind, 2011
  • edited October 2011
    "THIS GAME IS AMAZING! I hate it." -- The Gaming Community in seibert999's Mind, 2011

Fucking game with its awesomeness! How I hate it! *plays*.
  • edited October 2011
    i found another reason people hate DNF, it is for fans of blue humor and woman treated like objects
  • edited October 2011
    Duke's funny in the new game. ... game still sucks.
  • edited October 2011
    i found another reason people hate DNF, it is for fans of blue humor and woman treated like objects

Actually it's for the fans who grew up with Duke Nukem. The good ol days of gaming.

LucasArts will never sell it's original material..even if it doesn't hold the license anymore. The Story and all concepts are owned by lucasarts.
  • edited October 2011
    mikey485 wrote: »
    Do you seriously think that freelance police will ever be completed? More importantly why are you so obsessed with it? Its a little disturbing

I have to be obsessed with it, because I just feel it deserves another chance after what it went through with LucasArts. Sam and Max were created by Steve Purcell, not LucasArts, so the rights to that game should be Steve Purcell's, not LucasArts'. Yet I still have no idea why LucasArts would want to hold on to the rights to that game if they are not going to do anything at all with it. To me, that is basically selfish, as well as childish.
  • edited October 2011

Dude, it's a Duke Nukem game. Anyone who's ever played or knows anything at all about Duke Nukem 3D would expect DNF to be off-color and objectifying toward women. It is what it is. Whether someone likes it or not isn't the point. The point is, it's in keeping with the franchise. So, if people don't like it, they just ought not to buy it.

One might as well have complained about Leisure Suit Larry for the same reason, for all the good it would have done.

People have more reasons to dislike DNF than to have need to complain about things like that.
  • edited October 2011
    Dude your being childish. If you really have been at this for 8 years then you need to listen to what everyone is saying. It wont happen. Im sorry but its just the truth that must be realized. I know it is hard sometimes to truly believe something is gone but you must. You cannot live in denial this long. You have to accept that it will not happen. Move on with your life

I have not been at it for eight years. More like, four years, actually.

And why do you always insist that it is the truth when there is a chance, although small, that the outcome could be changed?

Remember, there is a campaign to bring back Mega Man Legends 3 that Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune openly supports, so who knows? If that campaign takes off, there's no telling what would happen with Sam and Max: Freelance Police!

So seriously... please think about that.
  • edited October 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    People have more reasons to dislike DNF than to have need to complain about things like that.

i just saw the worst review on it (IGN) and the hated on the graphics, graphics whores, IT IS TRYING TO BE LIKE THE PAST GAMES
    Dude your being childish. If you really have been at this for 8 years then you need to listen to what everyone is saying. It wont happen. Im sorry but its just the truth that must be realized. I know it is hard sometimes to truly believe something is gone but you must. You cannot live in denial this long. You have to accept that it will not happen. Move on with your life

really, WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS
    1.really, childish. say that to pepsiboy, he needs it more
    2.IT WAS NOT CANCELED FOR THAT LONG, IT WAS CANCELED IN 2004
    3.something gone, IT IS VIDEO GAME, NOT A RELATIVE
    4.we are living in denial because we were so excited, it was going to be the first 3D sam and max game
  • edited October 2011
    I have not been at it for eight years. More like, four years, actually.

And why do you always insist that it is the truth when there is a chance, although small, that the outcome could be changed?

Remember, there is a campaign to bring back Mega Man Legends 3 that Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune openly supports, so who knows? If that campaign takes off, there's no telling what would happen with Sam and Max: Freelance Police!

So seriously... please think about that.

Unless you have a million dollars to finance the development of the game with no guarantee on your investment, it's not going to happen. The game is severely outdated and would involve way too many licensing issues.

But apparently you live in a magical world where a programmer simply presses a button to make a game magically re-create itself from the ground up, and where there are no intellectual property laws.

Telltale has the rights to make Sam and Max games. There is no incentive whatsoever for them to spend a giant pile of money to buy the rights to Freelance Police back from Lucasarts, and that's assuming Lucasarts would ever sell them (they won't). They can just make a new game any time they feel like it, without paying Lucasarts a cent.

And guess what? Even if they did, by some inexplicably twisted abortion of logic, decide to buy the rights to Freelance Police, your precious Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson would not reprise their roles.

You are delusional and have mental problems. Are you still stalking everyone that has ever worked at Lucasarts or Telltale?
  • edited October 2011
    You know...the last part you could have left out.
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    You know...the last part you could have left out.

The part about him stalking everyone? Because that's actually true.

He even dug so deep once that he was pestering me on Facebook and Youtube, as though I had any power to do anything about it, or ever cared in the first place.

Plus, I think he has me blocked on here anyway.
  • edited October 2011
    The part about him stalking everyone? Because that's actually true.

He even dug so deep once that he was pestering me on Facebook and Youtube, as though I had any power to do anything about it, or ever cared in the first place.
    Plus, I think he has me blocked on here anyway.

How does that work?
  • edited October 2011
    Unless you have a million dollars to finance the development of the game with no guarantee on your investment, it's not going to happen. The game is severely outdated and would involve way too many licensing issues.

But apparently you live in a magical world where a programmer simply presses a button to make a game magically re-create itself from the ground up, and where there are no intellectual property laws.

Telltale has the rights to make Sam and Max games. There is no incentive whatsoever for them to spend a giant pile of money to buy the rights to Freelance Police back from Lucasarts, and that's assuming Lucasarts would ever sell them (they won't). They can just make a new game any time they feel like it, without paying Lucasarts a cent.

And guess what? Even if they did, by some inexplicably twisted abortion of logic, decide to buy the rights to Freelance Police, your precious Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson would not reprise their roles.

You are delusional and have mental problems. Are you still stalking everyone that has ever worked at Lucasarts or Telltale?

Okay, I have personally had it up to here with your trolling, SF. And I thought the "killjoy" thread on here was bad enough!
  • edited October 2011
    Okay since none of you can get along...I'm locking this thread.
  • edited October 2011
    Okay, ShodanFreeman and lattsam, please settle down.
    To quote a cartoon: I don't care who started it, don't make me end you! (evil laughter)

Wait... that's actually from a very disturbing comic book. Nevermind.
    Still, if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all. Or take it to private. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.