I want another BTTF. Who else agrees?

BTTF was awesome. The movies were awesome. And TTG's game is awesome.

But sadly, All good things must come to an end. But that doesn't mean BTTF can't continue. Id like to have another part. Where it revolves around Marty. No more Doc or Marty's Parents crap. I want a game based on the hero himself. Marty McFly. I mean he gets no credit. Yea he is our main character. But all he does is rescue doc and break something in the Delorean. Like an endless loop of stairs.

Its time we went through Marty's life. Make something in OUTATIME screw up Marty's life. And we can play as Doc as we try to fix it. Like make him disappear. Or just die or something. I just want another BTTF game. Who agree's with me?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I voted yes! Of course I don't think many will vote 'no' on this forum..
  • edited May 2011
    please merge this thread with this one mods

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23891
  • edited May 2011
    I'd rather claw out my eyes and pour salt into the open sockets.
  • edited May 2011

Let us do it for you, that way you don't risk missing the sockets. :p
  • edited May 2011
    So why do you post on this forum, if you dislike it so much?

I mean this question seriously. I don't quite get the actions of you or Falanca. Both of you take every chance you can to take the piss out of not only these games but Telltale as a whole. It confuses me as to why you waste your time doing that. Maybe I just don't understand the mindset of a troller, but it seems to me like if you're going to troll on the internet, there are plenty of better ways to do it than on the forums of a small gaming company that has over the past several months suddenly fulfilled the dreams of a LOT of fans who thoroughly expected to never see this franchise suddenly break out of its stone form and live again.
  • edited May 2011
    Kyronea wrote: »
    So why do you post on this forum, if you dislike it so much?

I mean this question seriously. I don't quite get the actions of you or Falanca. Both of you take every chance you can to take the piss out of not only these games but Telltale as a whole. It confuses me as to why you waste your time doing that. Maybe I just don't understand the mindset of a troller, but it seems to me like if you're going to troll on the internet, there are plenty of better ways to do it than on the forums of a small gaming company that has over the past several months suddenly fulfilled the dreams of a LOT of fans who thoroughly expected to never see this franchise suddenly break out of its stone form and live again.

There's a lot of fans who aren't very satisfied with the quality of the Back to the Future games. They're just not as vocal as Dashing, and I guess, Falanca (though I haven't seen his posts). People have the right to have a negative opinion just as much as they have the right to have a positive opinion. That's why they're called opinions. They're neither right nor wrong and anyone can have them.

Also, I'm much more of a troll than Dashing is.
  • edited May 2011
    No, I've pretty much lost interest. Remember how everybody so desperately anticipated chapters of Sam & Max or Monkey Island? Hogging the forum and clicking "refresh" for hours on end waiting for it? There's not been anything in this game to justify that level of interest.... dammit, it's an adventure game, and yet there isn't anybody to walk round talking to!
  • edited May 2011
    The episodes are fun and all, but after the 5th one, I guess it would be better to let the series rest. :)
  • edited May 2011
    I also voted no. I pre-ordered the season, but after being extremely disappointed with the first episode, I've been reading on the forums to see if the quality of the puzzles improve, before wasting any more time on it. Sadly I don't get the impression that it has though.
  • edited May 2011
    Hopefully they won't. You know how much we hate it when they mess with game canon. Still have nightmares about the NES version and we have to accept that Marty had to run down streets and dodge flying clocks and throw milkshakes at weirdos. Thanks alot BTTF NES game. :(
  • edited May 2011
    Hopefully they won't. You know how much we hate it when they mess with game canon. Still have nightmares about the NES version and we have to accept that Marty had to run down streets and dodge flying clocks and throw milkshakes at weirdos. Thanks alot BTTF NES game. :(
    U can just do what I do and IGNORE it. I'd like to see alot more happen, 5 feels like it might be rushed, unless of course
    they make it much bigger than the others

In which case, i'd ask valve to extend 5's release date for the sake of its content
  • edited May 2011
    I sure do. The game may have its flaws, but I still enjoy it and the fact that the story continues.
    I hope they would have something of a learning curve though. Like this season is pretty easy, maybe make the next one a tad bit harder.
    They couldnt say we are new to the genre that time.
  • edited May 2011
    I'd love a new Back to the Future game season... if only it'll be more polished than the current
  • edited May 2011
    I'll be curious how ch 5 ends but I wouldn't mind another season. It seems a little hard to wrap everything up in just one last game... The thing that's frustrating to me is we've only been two time periods in this series; 1931 and 1986. True 1986 has changed multiple times (Biff controlled and Citizen Brown controlled) but I liked how in the movies how we got to see 2015 and 1885.
  • edited May 2011
    I want it too, but AFTER another Sam and Max season :D
  • edited May 2011
    I would love another season, but only if they get everyone back and that it has Bob Gale's blessings/involvement.
  • edited May 2011
    No I've only been finding myself more and more disappointed with the overall quality of the game with the release of each episode
  • edited May 2011
    Absolutely not. I'm extremely disappointed with the series so far, and I can't imagine them getting it right the second time around either.
  • edited May 2011
    I love BTTF!!! The puzzles have gotten harder by the episode. Episode is my least or second least favorite episode. After the 4th episode, I am kind of tired of 1931. But I would like another season. It would be nice if owners of season one could get a discount like having to pay only 10 or 15 dollars! And I like the idea of it revolving around Marty, but I like playing as Marty. I wonder what it would be like to be Doc. Its fun being Marty and not being the smart one of the friendship. If you are Doc, you would know excactly how to fix everything. What would be cool is if you pre order season two, you get an Outatime license plate!
  • edited May 2011
    No, if it's like this one. Imho this is the sloppiest work TellTale ever did *sigh*
  • edited May 2011
    Man, I just think you all are way too negative and over hyped this game to the extreme before it came out.

I personally would LOVE to see a new season.
  • edited May 2011
    church1138 wrote: »
    Man, I just think you all are way too negative and over hyped this game to the extreme before it came out.

I personally would LOVE to see a new season.
    I can't bring myself to even finish Episode 4, and my expectations for it literally could not have been any lower.
  • edited May 2011
    I like this game, even though we started on the wrong foot, but another season with more time-mixing and time-changing .... no, thanks.
  • edited May 2011
    I would like another season. Maybe go to a couple years a couple or a few times but do more than 2 years. That would make it better.
  • edited May 2011
    Yes and no. I am one of the many that is extremely disappointed with BTTF. Do I want another one of the same level of quality as this one? Hell no. But I'd still love a good Back to the Future game, and given some of their previous work, I do still think that's something Telltale Games is capable of doing. They just didn't this time.
  • edited May 2011
    I'm part of the crowd that has mixed feelings about another season.

Personally, I'm enjoying the current season and it's certainly better than past Back to the Future games (*cough*Back to the Future Part III for Sega Genesis*cough*) but there are ways it can be improved. I'm not going to list out the faults since everyone's more or less aware of them but if these concerns were addressed and improved upon, a second season would be more than welcome.

Back to the Future is the first Telltale game I played so I can't exactly say anything in comparison to the other games' difficulty or animation style but as a Back to the Future game, I was satisfied.
  • edited May 2011
    I would LOVE for them to make another season, as long as they learn from their mistakes from this season.

I think people are way too critical of the BTTF game. Honestly I had no interest in it when I first heard of it. I bought it after they gave the 1st episode for free. The first episode was awesome in my opinion, it was the least glitchy, puzzles were on point, and the story and characters were lovable. Then I'd say episode 2 & 4 were a hit or miss because they had their slow points but still, after those moments were over kept me wanting more. Episode three was the only one I found slightly dismal :/ but 4 redeemed that and now I can't wait for 5! But honestly it's not nearly as horrid as people are making it sound.

The game has tons of potential and the characters are great I just think they should make it have multiple endings and scenarios so the game has better replay value and EXPLAIN puzzles better. It's annoying when you have no idea what to do because a scenarios isn't explained well, thats my only true complaint of the games. Also some more interactions would be awesome

So if they learn from these issues I'd be so down for a new season :]
  • edited May 2011
    I'd rather play Trigger Man for PS2 than another BttF abortion from Telltale.

I am pretty certain BttF could be solved by a drunk toddler with a learning disability, even with hints at the lowest setting.
  • edited May 2011
    U can just do what I do and IGNORE it. I'd like to see alot more happen, 5 feels like it might be rushed, unless of course
    they make it much bigger than the others

In which case, i'd ask valve to extend 5's release date for the sake of its content

Im sorry.
    VALVE? What does valve have to do with anything.
    Telltale makes the game not valve. Sure theres steam, but still valve doesnt have much to do with this. Telltale decides everything on episode 5, not valve.
  • edited May 2011
    If Valve were making the game, it'd be the best video game ever made, but we'd get an episode a year. :P Don't anyone try to deny it!
  • edited May 2011
    Personally, I'd rather see other video game companies tackle Back to the Future. Not that Telltale didn't do a good job on this one, but it'd just be interesting to see how others would take on continuing the trilogy.
  • edited May 2011
    (*cough*Back to the Future Part III for Sega Dreamcast*cough*)

Did you mean Genesis, or is there another BTTF game I don't know about?
  • edited May 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Did you mean Genesis, or is there another BTTF game I don't know about?

I have no idea what you're talking about. If you re-read my post, it clearly says Sega Genesis.

You're so silly, Scnew.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
  • edited May 2011
    The fanboy in me loved season one. I had my rose-coloured glasses firmly on and I've enjoyed every moment of the game so far, and very much looking forward to a second season.

Thanks to my open mind and trust (sic) I'm finding myself warming to the character development in this season. In the movies they were almost caricatures, hyper-real if you will, and the games are only just starting to find that balance that works as a game medium. Games are such a different beast and I'm delighted that the creators are getting this chance to expand on their universe without as much constraint from accountants. (Yes I'm sure there is some, but gaming accountants tend to panic more about time than content).

Really, really looking forward to episode 5, and I'll be pre-ordering a Season 2 the moment it's announced. Monumental experiments like this should be encouraged. Maybe with an extra week or 2 of Q.A. per episode. If Blizzard or Valve have taught us anything, it's that patience is usually rewarded :)

/rant
  • bttf4444 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd rather see other video game companies tackle Back to the Future. Not that Telltale didn't do a good job on this one, but it'd just be interesting to see how others would take on continuing the trilogy.

I'd be happy either way. I'd prefer to see a disc oriented game company attempt to make one with more next gen graphics and more of a game than a 'point and click story'. But if telltale does a second season, i'll gladly purchase it.
  • edited May 2011
    I'd be happy either way. I'd prefer to see a disc oriented game company attempt to make one with more next gen graphics and more of a game than a 'point and click story'. But if telltale does a second season, i'll gladly purchase it.

At least LJN can't do it anymore.
  • edited May 2011
    Overture wrote: »
    Monumental experiments like this should be encouraged.

What part of the development of BTTF is a monumental experiment?
  • edited May 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    What part of the development of BTTF is a monumental experiment?

The part where they advertised it as a game and then instead made a machinima that you sometimes had to click on?
  • edited May 2011
    i really don't want another. Not impressed at all with the episodes so far
  • edited May 2011
    I don't ever want another Telltale game even remotely close to the utter crap that this one was.

Telltale needs to go back to the type of game they were making when they made Sam and Max and Tales of Monkey Island, and abandon this casual interactive movie shit.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.