bttf 1931 Gta mod

edited October 2011 in Back to the Future
Well this is a link to a video of what im talking about, its incredible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_C-nS5lnQ

Comments

• edited May 2011
    that's neat. I've seen other mods with 1985 year and other video game characters.
  • edited May 2011
    A little of topic but does anyone know why the bttf hill valley mod people are rebuilding the delorean from scratch but yet hardly update there website (its been a year or two since the last update)
  • edited May 2011
    Needs more invisible walls.
  • edited May 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    A little of topic but does anyone know why the bttf hill valley mod people are rebuilding the delorean from scratch but yet hardly update there website (its been a year or two since the last update)
    I've tooled around with that mod a bit. It's very incomplete and rather buggy, not to mention impossible to get the train unless you play through the tutorial mission entirely. (And it's easy to accidentally strand yourself in time if you're not careful.)
  • edited May 2011
    Kyronea wrote: »
    I've tooled around with that mod a bit. It's very incomplete and rather buggy, not to mention impossible to get the train unless you play through the tutorial mission entirely. (And it's easy to accidentally strand yourself in time if you're not careful.)

Impossible to get the train??? It's on the roof of the mansion all the time. And IN all times.
  • edited May 2011
    Oh, yeah, Trance's conversions. Too bad VC lacks shaders :(

Because most of the progress is about models and buildings and we want to have everything running properly before thinking of a release. 0.2E was rushed and buggy, but we want to fix that.

The DeLorean is based on a 10-year-old mesh and textures and is not "up-to-par" with newer models like the Rogers locomotive or the ClockTower, and we want to change that too.
  • edited May 2011
    Telltale models? In my GTA: Vice City? More of that, please!
  • edited May 2011
    It would be pretty damn neat if you could move this fluid in telltale's games and engine. That would really add to the game.

Something telltale should think about.
  • edited May 2011
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, Trance's conversions. Too bad VC lacks shaders :(

Because most of the progress is about models and buildings and we want to have everything running properly before thinking of a release. 0.2E was rushed and buggy, but we want to fix that.

The DeLorean is based on a 10-year-old mesh and textures and is not "up-to-par" with newer models like the Rogers locomotive or the ClockTower, and we want to change that too.

thanks for replying, its not that i think you suck or anything just that sometimes its hard to find new information... also i noticed the 2015 taxi you are making its cool :D
  • edited May 2011
    That looks really cool. Hope it's completed someday.
  • edited May 2011
    Nice job on that! Maybe the GTA Mod Team should let you join so that TC can get moving again. I find it very hard to believe that thing is still seriously being worked on in any appreciable manner.

I'm particularly impressed by the character model. The BttF:HV mod always had trouble getting any good character models.
  • edited May 2011
    Impossible to get the train??? It's on the roof of the mansion all the time. And IN all times.
    Yeah, and have fun getting to the top of the mansion without a flying vehicle. Which you can't get unless you go to 2015 or thereabouts.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, and have fun getting to the top of the mansion without a flying vehicle. Which you can't get unless you go to 2015 or thereabouts.

Or you could just walk up there from inside the mansion, using the stairs :p
    Spykes wrote:
    Maybe the GTA Mod Team should let you join so that TC can get moving again.

Well, we can't use conversions without the consent of the original creator and, since this is made by TTG, we can't just freely distribute their work, for which they charge to get.

We can only use "fan-made" stuff.
  • edited June 2011
    The guy who made this mod, is he a member of the hill valley mod team??? :confused:
  • edited June 2011
    He's a regular member of the BTTF:HV community, but not a Mod Team member.
  • edited June 2011
    Ok thank you, also another question did you get permission from universal and stuff to make the mod (i dont care im just wondering)
  • edited June 2011
    Ok thank you, also another question did you get permission from universal and stuff to make the mod (i dont care im just wondering)
    You don't need that. It's covered under Fair Use.

And when it isn't, if they don't C&D you, you're okay, because it means they don't care.
  • edited June 2011
    You don't need that. It's covered under Fair Use.

And when it isn't, if they don't C&D you, you're okay, because it means they don't care.

Pretty much this.

We never asked because we're not going to make money with it and it's been made clear the original intelectual property is copyrighted to Universal Studios. This is a fan work, not official.
  • edited June 2011
    Is this a real game? If someone on this thread made it, how and what machinery and programs did you use to make it?
  • edited June 2011
    It's a mod off of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It's a total conversion mod, meaning that, at the end of the day, when the mod reaches version 1.0, the game will not follow Vice City's storyline, but will follow BTTF 1,2, and 3.

Right now the mod already has all the DeLorean time machines as well as a stock DeLorean, the Jules Verne time train, functioning and 95% movie accurate time travel complete with accurate glows and fire trails, animated hover conversions for the BTTF2 time machine and the time train, time circuits, BTTF speedo, plutonium, Mr. Fusion, Libyans, and probably a lot of other things that I can't think of at the top of my head.

-ThatWalletGuy on the BTTF:HV forums.
  • edited June 2011
    Can you steal the 1931 cars? :D
  • edited August 2011
    He didnt make the 31's cars he converted them but they are like Telltales BTTF Game just there can not be stolen they are objects not cars That guy is awesome he made alot of BTTF Models for gta's like the 2015 Hill Valley for gta sa,The Train place that is at the end of BTTF III Movie for gta vc,Train tracks at airport
  • edited October 2011
    ive been playing with GTA hill valley 0.2E and BTTF San Andreas for as long as i can remember...i never get tired of double clicking GTA icon and hopping in a delorean or 2...rc mode...being chased by cops and then 88mph...cops WTF...BOOM...wheres the car gone...time train...flying around Vice city, pedestrians look in amazement...A:whats with all those lights and spinning things on that train...B:why is there a flying train hovering over me...lol sorry just thought id give some info about what these guys in BTTF:Hill Valley actually enable you to do..oh and for those who dont know, you can also re-run the 1955 clocktower sequence..if you can remember which time and date you need to go for that to happen..make sure your in the delorean BTTF 1 with hook.

Rant over, keep up the good work modders.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.