Is there any way for the Telltale version of the game to enable the TF2 items?

So, back in December, I purchased this game off the Telltale website for five bucks. I didn't own anything on Steam then--I bought this mostly because it had Strong Bad in it and I'm a longtime Homestar Runner fan.

Cue enough exposure to the Heavy plus other things to finally get me to buy Team Fortress 2 in May(the thing that finally convinced me was that the game was only ten bucks, when I was expecting it to cost fifty or something) and I'm happily having lots of fun in the game.

Except...I want my unlocks now. I didn't have Steam at the time I originally bought this game, hence why I bought it straight from Telltale.

Is there any way to get the items into the game from the Telltale version, or am I out of luck and have to buy the Steam version? (Or is there any chance of, since I already bought it from Telltale, that I can download the Steam version at no further cost to myself and just replay it to get the items that way?)

Comments

• edited June 2011
    You have to have the Steam version of Poker Night to get the TF2 items. That or hope somebody trades you the items.
  • edited June 2011
    I figured as much. Which again, makes me wonder if I can't get the Steam version for free since I already bought the game, and also own TF2 now.
  • edited June 2011
    There's a code that gives you the Steam version for free.

EDIT: Sorry about that, Falanca. :P
  • edited June 2011
    Ah man...ah well, I suppose I didn't want the items that much...and if I do at some point, as stated, it's only five bucks.

Thanks guys.
  • edited June 2011
    Because of the way Steam works Telltale were never able to get their version of the game to unlock the TF2 items, so they gave a code to people who purchased the game off their site to unlock the Steam version. Just click on the following link to get your code:

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah. Heck if you load up the telltale version, isnt there a button that says
    "get your tf2 unlocks here" And it gives you the steam version for free to use.
  • edited June 2011
    You'd have to buy the Steam version. It sucks to hear that, I'm sure, but hey, it's only five dollars.

That's just incorrect and misleading. For the good of other, hasty and confused forum users that may check this thread for answers, I think I would edit my post if I were you.
  • edited June 2011
    Because of the way Steam works Telltale were never able to get their version of the game to unlock the TF2 items, so they gave a code to people who purchased the game off their site to unlock the Steam version. Just click on the following link to get your code:

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2unlocks
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah. Heck if you load up the telltale version, isnt there a button that says
    "get your tf2 unlocks here" And it gives you the steam version for free to use.
    Oh really? I must have missed that. Thanks guys! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.