XBLA format?

edited July 2011 in The Walking Dead
Has anyone found any information as to how this is going to be released on XBox Live Arcade?

I know that previously there were issues with Telltale's games on XBox--Wallace and Gromit got released as four $10 games. Yuck!

Is it going to release as separate purchases ala W&G, are we going to have to wait until the entire season is completed ala Sam and Max, or will something like the setup Telltale games have on PSN finally be introduced on XBox Live?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    As far as I know, there still isn't any way of replicating Telltale's business model on XBLA. However, I did work out in my head how this COULD work:

Each additional episode will be DLC for the main game.
  • edited June 2011
    They haven't said anything about systems yet, have they?

Anyway, after the ugly experience of trying to release Wallace and Gromit, I doubt Telltale will bother with XBLA ever again (outside of maybe re-releasing older games). Jurassic Park is getting a disc release for the 360, and I have a feeling if The Walking Dead comes to the 360 the same thing will happen.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Going along with what everyone else said, I would imagine all future Telltale games released on Xbox 360 will be retail collections unless/until Microsoft changes XBLA to better support episodic gaming.
  • edited June 2011
    It was announced back in April, along with the delay of Jurassic Park, that Telltale's games were going to be coming back to XBox 360.

Anyway, it occurred to me that LA Noire's Rockstar Pass is pretty much the same kind of set up you'd want for an episodic game.
  • edited June 2011
    I don't see a problem with using the DLC format, but since I'll be getting it on PC anyway, I'd be fine with waiting til the end and getting it released as one big bundle.
    I know some people don't have an adequate PC, or just prefer to play on a console, so I'm sure Telltale will look into a way similar to a DLC type system.
  • edited July 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    It was announced back in April, along with the delay of Jurassic Park, that Telltale's games were going to be coming back to XBox 360.

Anyway, it occurred to me that LA Noire's Rockstar Pass is pretty much the same kind of set up you'd want for an episodic game.

They could do something like that or replicate Hasbro Family Game night. The front end for the game would be $30-$40 and give you access as the games are released. The problem, I believe, is Microsoft's cert process. It takes a really long time, and from what I've heard has been even worse in the last year.

Reliably releasing Telltale games with each episode having to go through the process is difficult. It could mean a month between eps 1 & 2 and two months between 2 & 3. There may be other factors at work, but I would bet that's a big part of it. Developers with all sorts of games and more traditional release models struggle with it.

My guess is that new Telltale games will be lower priced retail releases on the Xbox 360. Maybe this new partnership will let us see older stuff released on XBLA for like $20, the way the first two Sam & Max seasons were, but that could just be wishful thinking.
  • edited July 2011
    Any Updates On The Format for X360 or XBLA??

Just Asking.....
  • edited July 2011
    With recent changes a few months ago on Xbox Live, it now means there is some support for a subscription based method, both the Mortal Kombat Pass and Rockstar Pass have allowed this to be tried and tested on Xbox Live, so here's hoping it carries over to XBLA to, then finally the Xbox 360 might stand a chance of getting newer TellTale games.
  • edited July 2011
    Great news and thanxz boss, I bought the Rockstar pass and it was really great to use but the DLC missions sucked so badly.....I really hope this works out for the walking dead game and maybe later on BTTF
This discussion has been closed.