Episode 5 this week for season 1 customers ?

edited April 2007 in Sam & Max
Any change that season 1 customers get episode 5 early too ?

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Let us hope so. It's up to the people at Telltale HQ to decide on this, but it would be a Great Easterpresent.
  • edited April 2007
    I hope so as well, but my hopes are not very high. Because Emily wrote this on another thread:

"Per the contract, GameTap has a two-week exclusivity on new episodes. We could not have released Abe Lincoln Must Die a week early to season customers if they had not said it was okay ahead of time (which they did)."

Even though she doesn't say it directly, it sounds like it was a one-time type of thing, since they had to inform them ahead of time and all that.
  • edited April 2007
    Steal one of their kindred and hold them to ransom!!!!!!
  • edited April 2007
    aww... dam... I was hoping on a repeat...

but bug fixing to me is bigger than early releases, keep it up tech team! and come up with a perfect boxed release!
  • edited April 2007
    Guess not... but that's cool! I'm still looking forward to Ep 5! Yay!!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Not this week. Sorry guys. :(
  • edited April 2007
    Don't worry guys, waiting just makes it better. Unless you wait for years and years and years though. Then it usually gets all stale and moldy like that loaf of bread that you forgot about in your pantry from last month. :p
  • edited April 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Don't worry guys, waiting just makes it better. Unless you wait for years and years and years though. Then it usually gets all stale and moldy like that loaf of bread that you forgot about in your pantry from last month. :p
    The later you get home from work, the happier your dog is to see you! :)

Please don't take that as me asking for Telltale to release this episode late. :o
  • edited April 2007
    Gives me time to work on my game then.. lol
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    NatsFan wrote: »
    The later you get home from work, the happier your dog is to see you! :)

That's true. :) When I come home late, I have one dog and two cats sitting in front of me, staring at me with great anticipation. I interpret it to mean, "Where the hell have you been and where is my food? I'm hungry!"

Oh, that was very off topic... um, 7 days to go! :D
  • edited April 2007
    Well, since the episode is released the day before my vacation ends, at least this means I'll have something to do on the plane ride home! Thanks, TellTale!

*hopes I can reach a good saving point before they do the whole "turn off all electronics" thing*
  • edited April 2007
    (whispers) Pssst! Emily? Any chance of doing this with Episode 6?
  • edited April 2007
    Hey, am I the only who's able to download episode 5 using the 'find my order' form?
  • edited April 2007
    noo..... :) So Emily was right. Not this week ;) (which she said last week :))
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    We will neither confirm nor deny that we're doing something behind the scenes.

Also, please remember that anything you may stumble upon before we've officially announced it is downloaded at your own risk. ;)
  • edited April 2007
    Gah... if I fail my exam tomorrow, it's your fault, Telltale! :mad: But I love you guys anyway... :o
  • edited April 2007
    hey psypod, thanks for the tip!
  • edited April 2007
    Nice work guys :) You have no idea how much I love this game. Thanks for getting a hackneyed old gamer back in the habit! Worth every penny of the full season price if you ask me :)
  • edited April 2007
    Yay! Thanks for the early 2.0 release for us season 1 customers ;-) Just got the mail =p Downloading now =p
  • edited April 2007
    Wow, it works! (thanks Psypod)

Love you Telltale!
  • edited April 2007
    Amazing!! Thankyou Tell-tale :D (Oh, and Gametap who I'm guessing had to OK it!)

Something tells me I'm not going to get a lot done this evening now ;)
  • edited April 2007
    Sam, Max and copious amounts of Dairy Milk A great way to round off a bank holiday weekend.

Also I do like the fact that you've given Sam new observations on (virtually?) everything.
  • edited April 2007
    WOO HOO

Thanks Telltale. I was just watching Scrubs thinking how tough it will be to go to work tomorrow after the long weekend(4 day bank holiday weekend in england) This is a great surprise
  • edited April 2007
    Yaaaay! Telltale did it once again and i love em :)
  • edited April 2007
    Excellent! I was just jonesing for this episode earlier today and dreading the wait until Thursday, but what do I see when I get home from work? An email from Telltale.

I love you guys, *sniff*
  • edited April 2007
    Thanks Telltale games. Ops, sorry. I meant, thank you the Internet :D
  • edited April 2007
    *Look behind you, it's a three-headed internet!!*

well, that surely required a piece of luck for me to find this out early (or maybe I just have to thanks my dearly obsession about our favourite fuzzy rabbit :))

anyway, thank you Telltale and Gametap for letting us enjoy early another fine settlement of sam & max! I haven't already finished this ep (still need to beat up that Auntie Biotic and her nasty frying pan ;p), but I sure can tell you that I already had a heck of a great time.
  • edited April 2007
    Woohoo! "Reality 2.0 1.0 has been installed on your computer"! Thanks Telltale!
  • edited April 2007
    You gotta love
    the c64 sound over this episode
    , and
    the super mario coin thingy
    :D
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    Erm... spoilers tags perhaps? (for psypod and marsan) Maybe others don't want those little details spoiled for them.
  • edited April 2007
    "The internet wizard will guide you though the installation of reality 2.0", i wonder if anyone else noticed this.....

i like this episode the most so far for one simple reason..... it is not as linear as the previous episodes, once you enter reality 2.0 you see and interact with all of the puzzles that you need to solve in order to reach the final act, and most of the fun is figuring out which one you should work on....

not like in episode 4 where you cannot touch any of the items on the presidents desk untill you need them to solve a puzzle.....

P.S. in episode 6, can you get some new lines for when you shoot around boscos store, those dozen lines were the only ones i found that were not changed in episode 5 (that and max's "oh fun" line when he enters the bathroom)
  • edited April 2007
    YAY! Thanks (again) Telltale!
  • edited April 2007
    Well, the ending's going to really get the theorists started...

Great episode, especially to say it was basically set on the same street throughout the entire game. It's fantastic how you manage to turn something we've seen plenty of times before into something new.
  • edited April 2007
    Thank you Telltale :D Episode 6 is going to be very interesting ...
  • edited April 2007
    Thanks Telltale, smiled after i checked my mails(didn't expect a second release surprise =) ), btw our border is secured muhahah. :P
  • edited April 2007
    Thank you Telltale! And what a brilliant episode it is! I was especially positively surprised that just about every re-occuring hotspot has had its comments changed. Getting reminded of DoTT is definitely a good thing too, as is the fun to be had with
    insult-.. err, quip-swordfighting
    . (Unfortunately there was one reference I was rooting for that didn't materialize: oldie game Covert Action. It's quite obscure and not in the adventure genre by any means, but there's such clear joke-material there... Oh, well...)
    The ever-increasing arsenal of dialogue animations is getting better and better at providing appropriate animation for each line. I can't think of any adventure game where that gets such attention, let alone this succesfully. And I'm delighted to see the return of the priceless Max animation you can now see
    when fighting the slime
    I should wrap up this post now. I'll let the rest of the praising wait for a later time and another thread.:)
  • edited April 2007
    woo hoo!!!!
  • edited April 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    woo hoo!!!!

I saw you were credited on this latest episode, Hero1.
  • edited April 2007
    mi feeling' so happy and lucky.. mi so grateful.. mi hope that it will run on my parents' computer..
  • edited April 2007
    Woohoo! Shame about the carpet though :(.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.