Episode 5 this week for season 1 customers ?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2007
    MrSneeze wrote: »
    Woohoo! Shame about the carpet though :(.

Yeah, I know... It would have been so much funnier if it was a little thicker and if it were a copple of shoes sticking out of one end.
    (making Max's line to just a really bad excuse). :D
    ...But I guess that even not Sam & Max is that extreme. (this time)

But I shouldn't really complain now, loved your episode Telltale, the ending rocked! :cool:
  • edited April 2007
    marsan wrote: »
    I saw you were credited on this latest episode, Hero1.

where was that? and why? i'm only 2 hours in..
  • edited April 2007
    You are listed under the "Telltale special thanks to" section :) not sure why. I just noticed your nickname while the credits were rolling and I thought "Hey, I recognize that name". Later it turned out it wasn't a name, but I still recognized it :)
  • edited April 2007
    Congrats Hero1! :D
  • edited April 2007
    Just completed the episode, and I gotta say, it's my 2nd fav episode this season. Great job! Can't wait for the conclusion.

Hero1, you're a hero!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    where was that? and why?

MySpace, maybe? :D
  • edited April 2007
    And wheres my acknowledgements?? :P j/k, congrats hero1! You are now immortalized in obscure Sam and Max triviadom! :D
  • edited April 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    MySpace, maybe? :D

and I thought it was constantly complaining about the difficulty :D :D Wow that's awesome.. :) I gotta finish this episode now..
  • edited April 2007
    I wonder if the early release has anything to do with Telltale being charmed by the send-a-gift fundraising. On my second playthrough I caught Max saying "I couldn't help it Sam, the gun lobby has these amazing gift baskets.":D
  • edited April 2007
    thanks telltale :)
  • edited April 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    I wonder if the early release has anything to do with Telltale being charmed by the send-a-gift fundraising. On my second playthrough I caught Max saying "I couldn't help it Sam, the gun lobby has these amazing gift baskets.":D

yes, there also was this other thing that caught my eye. Sybil says something like "It's alright, but it's too much repetition. Just the same stuff recycled over and over again" about reality 2.0. I found that so funny, since that's what reviewers have been complaining about with sam & max.
  • edited April 2007
    Quite right, and their having adressed it by putting new comments on just about everything was a nice unexpected surprise. The meta-joke with her talking about being caught in a tediously long dialog tree was fun too.
  • edited April 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    The meta-joke with her talking about being caught in a tediously long dialog tree was fun too.

I loved that! :D :D :D :D
  • edited April 2007
    marsan wrote: »
    yes, there also was this other thing that caught my eye. Sybil says something like "It's alright, but it's too much repetition. Just the same stuff recycled over and over again" about reality 2.0.

I kept making her say that over and over to see if anything different happens.
    Nothing does :D
  • edited April 2007
    Well it may not be the longest game in the world - but Telltale I hand it to you

You have made one of the funniest and most enjoyable games I have ever played.

Maybe its because i love the fact it made me regress to my childhood (the end sequence very reminiscent of great games from the past).. maybe the whole virtual reality goggle idea.... remember in the nineties when they started bringing out those massive headsets and saying that that was the future of gaming

Or maybe its just the well written and humouros sketches and script

Fantastic
  • edited April 2007
    It was a great episode, but I found it way too easy, and very short, didnt even need a single hint for this episode, and completed it in 3hrs total(All the other episodes have taken me longer than that)and I also couldnt help but feel "Was that it"
    But again saying that, It was still the best episode they have done, some imspired dialogue at times which made me laugh, a brilliant take on the real world with the virtual world(superbly done, and great animation) and the text game bit at the end was absolutly brilliant whoever thought that up,absolute Genuis.
    I'm really looking forward to the finale of the season now, Come on Telltale,Dont let us down, I hope you have something spectacular lined up :)
  • edited April 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I kept making her say that over and over to see if anything different happens.
    Nothing does :D

As did I. But it was still funny doing that so many times in a row :)
  • edited April 2007
    Unquestionably awesome. All the pop culture and video gaming jokes, even he ones about yourselves (repetition, anyone?) were very well done. If the as-of-yet-unnamed Episode 6 is nearly as good, it'll definitely be a success.
  • edited April 2007
    Best one so far - so good I wrote into Teletext (it's their title not mine - they rejected "superior to ordinary games in every way") - they claim their video game pages are read by a million people so hopefully this'll introduce some more people:

Teletextletter.jpg
  • edited April 2007
    Fantastic episode, simply fantastic. So much new stuff- I love it! And the finale with the text-game was simply genius! I don't if it's because it's one of the very few text games I've played but it reminded me so much of the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. I was also very happy that Max was still the president, it would have been so boring if you guys had hit the reset button and have Max been removed from office but you didn't, good on you!

All hail Max!
  • edited April 2007
    Finally, someone else who reads Gamecentral! Someone else who reads Teletext, full stop.

It's a shame they didn't review Abe Lincoln Must Die because they were "too busy reviewing the PS3 launch lineup" though.
  • edited April 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Finally, someone else who reads Gamecentral! Someone else who reads Teletext, full stop.

It's a shame they didn't review Abe Lincoln Must Die because they were "too busy reviewing the PS3 launch lineup" though.
    Was that letter about Abe Lincoln Must Die by you then?

With Telltale just adding info for episode 6, I've just realised if they bring it out 3 days early again it'll come out on my birthday - which would be great (just to know it's there - if it came out at 5:30 BST again I wouldn't have any time to actually play on it)! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.