Back to the Future:The Story so Far Trailer Discussion

edited June 2011 in Back to the Future
Today Ign has released a Trailer recaping the Events leading up to Episode 5 Plus a sneak peek at the Finale watch the video if havent seen it how stoked are you guys to play the Finale????http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/22/back-to-the-future-the-game-recap

Comments

• edited June 2011
    So stoked!
  • edited June 2011
    oh god....... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! who else is staying up till mid night to see if it is released?
  • edited June 2011
    it's already past midnight on ther 23rd here :eek: what's the ''official'' telltale date/time now?
  • edited June 2011
    StiX wrote: »
    it's already past midnight on ther 23rd here :eek: what's the ''official'' telltale date/time now?

Officially in the U.S. its June 22nd 9pm on the East Coast
  • edited June 2011
    StiX wrote: »

well right now it's only 8:00 telltale time

4 hours left till June 23rd!
  • edited June 2011
    yeah dude totally stoked... that little DeLorean chase clip at the end looked intense
  • edited June 2011
    ...that gives NO CLUE as to what happened in Episode 4 whatsoever. It's not exactly the best catchup tool.
  • edited June 2011
    ...that gives NO CLUE as to what happened in Episode 4 whatsoever. It's not exactly the best catchup tool.

It doesn't really matter, does it? We got to see new stuff from episode 5, and if their purpose was to make me forget about summer school and stay up all night I'd say they succeeded
  • edited June 2011
    Nightband wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter, does it? We got to see new stuff from episode 5, and if their purpose was to make me forget about summer school and stay up all night I'd say they succeeded

of course! no one can resist the power bttf!
  • edited June 2011

the best catch up tool would be finishing the 4th episode... :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2011
    I just realized. The hoverboard was facing the wrong way. :p
  • edited June 2011
    I just realized. The hoverboard was facing the wrong way. :p

haha good eye... ouch :p
  • edited June 2011
    Did anyone notice that at the end of the video it says "Available Now for PC and MAC"?
  • edited June 2011
    Nobody is driving the delorean at the end of the trailer when it flies towards the screen. You reckon this is to not give anything big away? Doubt it'd be a glitch.

Will the game release at midnight or sometime during the day in telltale time?
  • edited June 2011
    mcfly88 wrote: »
    Nobody is driving the delorean at the end of the trailer when it flies towards the screen. You reckon this is to not give anything big away? Doubt it'd be a glitch.

Will the game release at midnight or sometime during the day in telltale time?

Maybe they removed whoever was in it to avoid spoilers.
  • edited June 2011

Possibly, it could also be something TellTale decided to throw in for the fans to give us that Deja vu feeling from the end of the 1st movie
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011

It's mainly a "selling video games" tool. I tried to avoid major spoilers and plotlines that prior trailers haven't already given away. This was to put the whole series into perspective and show people how wild and action packed it really is. Something we've been trying to do with recaps since ToMI and Devil's Playhouse. If a BTTF fan were on the fence, then hopefully this has done the trick :)
  • edited June 2011

Aye, Telltale has done this before.
  • edited June 2011
    The recap trailers are good and all, and again, well put together. Keep being awesome Shaun.

My major complain is that it feels like the main product at hand lacks any form of excitement. It just got me disappointed to see we're -presumably- going to stay in 31 and end the story there. Not so much for an epic climactic chase in Hill Valley's past, present and future.
  • edited June 2011
    Trailer no work. :mad:
  • edited June 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    The recap trailers are good and all, and again, well put together. Keep being awesome Shaun.

My major complain is that it feels like the main product at hand lacks any form of excitement. It just got me disappointed to see we're -presumably- going to stay in 31 and end the story there. Not so much for an epic climactic chase in Hill Valley's past, present and future.

That I'm not so sure of. We've already seen some concept artwork of a futuristic looking living room. And at the end of that trailer, we see a DeLorean with Citizen Brown's analyzer thingy and then the flying DeLorean appears overhead with some other doohickey attached to the front. Maybe a time machine tracker?
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe it's just Back to the Future The Ride: The Game? :P
  • edited June 2011
    jwalker30 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that at the end of the video it says "Available Now for PC and MAC"?

Yes i saw that too i tweeted that to telltale games and they said that was an error... it's supposed to be out today not yesterday the 22nd
  • edited June 2011
    OMG at the last scene....2 delorreans!!!
  • edited June 2011
    But where do we get the second one?
  • edited June 2011
    zelda42293 wrote: »
    But where do we get the second one?
    err It could be the same delorrean? That trailer doesn't give much to go on. They are tracking it for some reason?
  • edited June 2011
    I thought that it might be a tracker too.
  • edited June 2011
    Telltale's encode (minus the IGN watermark) is up on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSKnPyf9KFg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.