BttF Ep. 5 PC Build Is Now Correct!

Hello everyone! As many of you noticed, the initial PC build of Back to the Future Episode 5 made available for download today was incorrect! We've pulled that one down and replaced it with the *correct* PC build, so please try downloading it from your My Telltale page again if you got the wrong one. We're very sorry for the confusion!

If you encounter any further problems with this, please post in the support forums. Thanks for your patience!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Hello everyone! As many of you noticed, the initial PC build of Back to the Future Episode 5 made available for download today was incorrect! We've pulled that one down and replaced it with the *correct* PC build, so please try downloading it from your My Telltale page again if you got the wrong one. We're very sorry for the confusion!

If you encounter any further problems with this, please post in the support forums. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you very much!
  • edited June 2011

Thank you for letting us know and will try to download it now.

will we still require the key to use the game?
  • edited June 2011
    t_lyth wrote: »
    Thank you for letting us know and will try to download it now.

will we still require the key to use the game?

I sure hope not, cause if so, I'm royally screwed.
  • edited June 2011
    Ashki wrote: »
    I sure hope not, cause if so, I'm royally screwed.

ask the telltale support team perhaps to get your key from them if possible?
  • edited June 2011
    No key required. The current (correct!) build uses the same DRM as the previous four episodes, so all you need to log in is your TTG account name and password. :)
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks for the prompt response, TTG! :D
  • edited June 2011

its still not giving an option for an "english" download for pc like all the other parts have. its in german when downloaded. and a lot of people are saying this one is asking for a serial key?
  • edited June 2011
    still having the same problem it asks me for an serial # to activate
  • edited June 2011
    No key required. The current (correct!) build uses the same DRM as the previous four episodes, so all you need to log in is your TTG account name and password. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykpjFjsEdl4
  • edited June 2011
    What about steam users? To be honest I didn't even know you could buy it here. I was a bit annoyed when I found out since I bought it on steam (I think it was a pre-order, can't remember though). I was a bit annoyed since it's cheaper here, and especially now that we have to wait longer along with paying more >_>

Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound bad, I'm just wondering when it'll be up on Steam. Oh and you should consider changing your download URLs, since someone with the knowledge to crack the game could download it for free by changing the episode 1 download url to match episode 5 and then crack it without paying a penny, then release it. Just saying.
  • edited June 2011
    i knew somethng was wrong when that german installer didn't put episode 5 in the same folder as episodes 1 - 4
  • edited June 2011
    just about to install it :D
  • edited June 2011
    Just installed it asked for username/pass just like normal thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    GREAT SCOTT!! I'll download it immediately.
  • edited June 2011
    Just installed and works perfect thankyou
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykpjFjsEdl4
  • edited June 2011
    please take a look at this: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25375
    it looks like there is another bug.
  • edited June 2011
    steam has it up and install option works :D
  • edited June 2011
    Don't even bother trying to play the game yet, there's another bug already.

EDIT: TTG, maybe it's time to hire some new beta-testers?
  • edited June 2011
    Well, my install is still downloading, so I can't tell if I have this bug or not.
  • edited June 2011
    I was about to go and download and install but i noticed there isnt a language option like the other episodes i think ill wait till i get the official E-mail from TellTale considering that People are saying its in German when they go to install
  • edited June 2011
    Ichijo wrote: »
    I was about to go and download and install but i noticed there isnt a language option like the other episodes i think ill wait till i get the official E-mail from TellTale considering that People are saying its in German when they go to install

Lol, that sucks.
  • edited June 2011

You get the language option when starting the installation process.
  • edited June 2011

This is nothing to worry about. The game will allow you to select the language in which to install it as soon as you run the installer, and you can change between languages in-game by clicking on the flags along the bottom of the main menu.

Download away! :)
  • edited June 2011
    This is nothing to worry about. The game will allow you to select the language in which to install it as soon as you run the installer, and you can change between languages in-game by clicking on the flags along the bottom of the main menu.

Thanks, Caleb.

Btw, when's the PSN version coming?
  • edited June 2011

Yep, now I just hope that I don't run into that bug that I see them talking about, I'd hate to have gotten the installer fixed just to run into a game breaking bug as it were.
  • edited June 2011
    Yep, now I just hope that I don't run into that bug that I see them talking about, I'd hate to have gotten the installer fixed just to run into a game breaking bug as it were.

Did the bug look like this?

starship_troopers_jolene_blalock_2.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Thankfully no, that kinda bug can be delt with bullets and rocket launchers, these kinda bugs, not so much.
  • edited June 2011
    Thankfully no, that kinda bug can be delt with bullets and rocket launchers, these kinda bugs, not so much.

Lol, I was joking.
  • edited June 2011
    Has the glasshouse bug been fixed as well? I can't continue playing the old download version because of it...
  • edited June 2011
    Lol, I was joking.

Lol, I know.
  • edited June 2011
    I think they just should PLAY the game and THEN release it. This isn' a minor bug, you can't finish the whole game!
  • edited June 2011
    Is there a reason that I
    can't move the walls in the glass house?
  • edited June 2011
    I've installed the new version, and I still get the bug in the glasshouse... nothing to click on, not even an exit. Damn it.
  • edited June 2011
    I have been trying to download it. It said there was an error in the middle of it.
  • edited June 2011
    Some people having the same problem think that changing the game's resolution will somehow fix this bug. Don't see how, but hey, I'm the guy who refused to believe switching off the media server would fix his PS3's network problems...
  • edited June 2011
    Some people having the same problem think that changing the game's resolution will somehow fix this bug. Don't see how, but hey, I'm the guy who refused to believe switching off the media server would fix his PS3's network problems...

Yeah, I changed my resolution, once I get to that point, I'm going to see, actually, I just got it off full screen, but I'll still see now that I've finally got it installed.
  • edited June 2011

Ok ill try it thanks Caleb
  • edited June 2011
    Ok ill try it thanks Caleb

Yep, it works, I'm playing mine right now, but like I said, I just hope I don't run into that bug that people are reporting.
  • edited June 2011
    Yep, it works, I'm playing mine right now, but like I said, I just hope I don't run into that bug that people are reporting.

Same here i just downloaded it im about to play cross fingers Time to go Back to the Future
  • edited June 2011
    What about the mac version?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.