Stuff to fix in Episode 5 (Possible Spoilers)

1. This bug occurs at the House of Glass, when you pull the Green Door's handle and enter the room, Marty sinks through the floor acting like he walks down the stairs.
2. This gamebreaking bug occurs in the future furnishings,
after you've placed the plant in the phone booth
, and try to click the buttons, but unfortunately they don't do anything, so you have to save and load from that save to fix the bug.

It looks like Telltale didn't really put that much effort into the episode, since these bugs are easy to spot.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    i dont have any bug on PC version.... played in resolution 1600x900 and with option maximized in video options....
  • edited June 2011
    (SPOILER)

When looking at the second Hint for "Stop Edna from accidentally burning down Hill Valley" the hint reads "You'll need SOMETHIGN wet to douse the flame." Something is misspelled! heh
  • edited June 2011
    This kinda reminds me of when they put 2010 instead of 2011 at the end of Ep 1. All in all though, IMO, this is kinda minor compared to some of the bugs I've been reading about.
  • edited June 2011
    That's not all they need to look at...

The bug getting stuck in the house of glass is pretty major - if you deal with Edna first and then do the house of glass you get bugged and stuck in there with no interactable objects.

To work around that, you have to save Emmett first and then deal with Edna.

Then I noticed another bug where you can interact with the Bathyosphere controls after you save Emmett and Citzen Brown runs out of the high school. His voice still says it's line about not letting you touch them even though he's not there.

Then, I gave Edna the algae cakes in alternate 1931 at her shack and they got permanently stuck to her hand. So all through that section while I was trying to get her to remember stuff, she had a huge box of algae cakes stuck to her.
  • edited June 2011
    Let's see...

1. The Glass House Glitch - That's well known, and apparently the Telltale Team is working on fixing it.
    2. Magic Maze - If you don't get the Glass House Glitch, there's a good chance Marty will just phase through the floor, and you can skip the entire maze.
    3. The audio pops and cracks at random intervals.
    4. The game freaks out during the final puzzle, making the game near unplayable.
  • edited June 2011
    It is an error that in the opening movie it shows two plaques that say the "Mind of a Degenerate Criminal" and both have pictures of Kid Tannan instead of one and another that says model citizen and has a picture of Emmett? Or is that just my copy?

Edit:
    here is a picture so I am not crazy
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/21698067@N07/5865260344/lightbox/

also anyone know what the weird lighting is with the opening words
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/21698067@N07/5865260352/lightbox/
  • edited June 2011
    The only "glitch" i got was when Marty phased through the floor, i was like wtf but it was nothing serious, just made me giggle a bit.
  • edited June 2011
    man...that glitch for the final puzzle is just obnoxious....it makes the game unplayable...I guess I'll have to wait for a new fix tomorrow or something...*sigh*
  • edited June 2011
    umm did i forget but where the fuck is the chase through the future!
  • edited June 2011
    the game won't even load for me :( and i've played the rest of them but ep 4 was the same but i reinstalled ep1 which made ep 4 work. but thats not fixing it this time for ep5 to play :( and ep 3 didn't got full screen for me it opened minimized. they've just rushed the game out really they should of tested it a lot more than they have. now i can't play the last ep to finish the game grr..................
  • edited June 2011
    There's one part where Edna is shown the newspaper (or someone else) and the back of it has the headline about Carl Sagan being slain. Which obviously didn't happen after all.
    Pretty sure it's Edna when you're in the 1931 where Hill Valley has disappeared.
  • edited June 2011
    I experienced the Glass house bug, as well as many audio pops and scratches. Particularly the scene between Emmett and his Dad.

There is a part where Trixie says something like "I knew Edna was the arsonist" and then some more text that doesn't get spoken, and then Marty says "I don't think so" It probably makes sense when you read the text but the spoken dialogue doesn't.

The final puzzle was fine for me, but I did notice that it is probably more graphically intense that most other scenes in this series, I have a newer system so I didn't experience anything weird with maxed out settings. My friend mentioned something about the end being messed up for him though, and he has a much older pc.
  • edited June 2011
    I got a bug after I put the mop on the cactus when I'd look at it and Marty would say "Looks like a strickland to me" and Edna says "Grandfather was a bit more shaggy" except during this sequence the cactus appeared to have both the mop and the hat on. But I hadn't yet put the hat on the cactus!
  • edited June 2011
    Because this is the final episode, perhaps Telltale could add those reporting bugs into the credits. Screen name or real name if people prefer. Would be a nice thanks and for BTTF fans, the chance to be in credits. It could be done towards the end say 3-4 names per row or something. *shrug* Just a thought. For those who have done it in previous episodes, so it's fair for them, they could be inserted into the relevant credits for that episode.

This is NOT why most people would help out - but it would be a nice touch.
  • edited June 2011
    This really isn't a bug, i don't even know if other experienced this, but even with the voice volume all the way up doc (old doc) was most of the time really hard to hear. He talks so much quieter than everyone else, i was getting a headache/stressing out trying to hear him, so maybe turn the volume on doc up a bit to bring him more in line with everyone else.
  • edited June 2011
    Noticed another bug; Don't check Breath Analyzer at the Expo. Then get rid of Edna so officer is no more there. Now check Breath Analyzer and hear officer's speech and Marty replying to thin air. This happens only once though.

By the way, this could also be the case for that gun but I had checked it before so such thing didn't happen.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Had serious problems with the old Edna puzzle complex. The cactus was already wearing the cowboy hat when I was supposed to take it from the fence and plug it on.
  • edited June 2011
    I didn't get that bug, and I delt with Edna first. I had absolutely no problems, played it all the way through without stopping.

EDIT:
    Had serious problems with the old Edna puzzle complex. The cactus was already wearing the cowboy hat when I was supposed to take it from the fence and plug it on.
    OH YEAH EXCEPT THAT. I was like "wait the cactus grew a hat?". Then I put the mop on it and the hat was gone, and Marty put the mop THROUGH the hat (it dissappeared after). Then suddenly the hat was on the fence. It was pretty funny IMO.
  • edited June 2011
    Mainly the House of Glass problem, but I gather Telltale are working on that already.

Another one would be the rather serious problem of the game crashing as
    Hill Valley starts to fade away
    . It would be slightly less serious were it not for the fact that it's at the end of a lengthy text-forest puzzle and an equally lengthy cutscene that you can't save between/during.

I suspect the problem is associated with low-end systems, but nonetheless it would be nice if a low-end patch could be released or a save-file after that point or something like that to make the game finishable.

A far more minor error would be the fact that the 1986 newspaper has the date of June 14th 1931, while it should be May 14th (I think) 1986.
  • edited June 2011
    railfan990 wrote: »
    Mainly the House of Glass problem, but I gather Telltale are working on that already.

. It would be slightly less serious were it not for the fact that it's at the end of a lengthy text-forest puzzle and an equally lengthy cutscene that you can't save between/during.

I suspect the problem is associated with low-end systems, but nonetheless it would be nice if a low-end patch could be released or a save-file after that point or something like that to make the game finishable.

A far more minor error would be the fact that the 1986 newspaper has the date of June 14th 1931, while it should be May 14th (I think) 1986.
    Great Scott! This could be disastorous!

No but really I'd consider that a major error, moreso than than the bugs which will probably be fixed :p

Didn't notice that though, I'll take a look later.
  • edited June 2011
    For me the hat was laying at the complete opposite of the area for no reason. That's why I missed it and had to use the hints...

I encountered many bugs, not a single gamebreaking one though, but far too many.
  • edited June 2011
    The House Glass bug was fixed! They uploaded a new version last night and the bug is gone.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=518957&postcount=159
  • edited June 2011
    hey guys :) did edna Said yakom Shmirnof or Yakov Shmirnof to Officer Danny?
  • edited June 2011
    They took twice as long to bring out this final episode yet it is easily the buggiest of all of them. I had expected (alright, hoped) that the longer wait was going to be down to this episode being much bigger and longer. What exactly was the reason for this episode taking so much longer to come out?
  • edited June 2011
    I got a glitch where after Edna and Parker left the expo, I used the future phone to call Trixie again and ask to speak with Edna (as Carl Sagan). Trixie called an invisible Edna over to the phone booth who spoke with Marty as though the phone booth puzzle hadn't already been solved.

Also, what's this glitch with the final puzzle people are mentioning? I didn't experience any glitches at that part, so I'm curious.
  • edited June 2011
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »
    Also, what's this glitch with the final puzzle people are mentioning? I didn't experience any glitches at that part, so I'm curious.

It's a major graphical bug. The graphics will start to go haywire, models and textures will freak out, and the game basically breaks down from there. But it always corrects itself.
  • edited June 2011
    Had no major problems apart from the officer being invisible when I was talking to him about the breathalyzer AFTER I sent him running after Edna.

OH, and during the conclusion scene, the audio of
    the Blue DeLorean was not there, no crash or driving sounds
    Also, the audio was missing from the last shot of
    them flying into the camera a la BTTF:3

Apart from that it was for the most part good. And I play at 1920x1200 with full everything.
  • edited June 2011
    Xavian wrote: »
    I got a bug after I put the mop on the cactus when I'd look at it and Marty would say "Looks like a strickland to me" and Edna says "Grandfather was a bit more shaggy" except during this sequence the cactus appeared to have both the mop and the hat on. But I hadn't yet put the hat on the cactus!

I got this bug too.

Didn't realise what the hell I was supposed to do until I discovered the hat on the cactus was clickable. So I clicked on it and then the game plays the animation of Marty taking the hat from the STOP sign and putting it on the cactus despite it being magically there already!

Regarding the glass house phase bug, are you guys sinking through the floor? The bug I got was from the lower floor, after Doc knocks younger Emmet out, I clicked on the red door handle and Marty phased UP through the floor on an invisible staircase which left me stuck on the second floor now, trapped with walls on all sides and no way out.
  • edited June 2011
    Does not having received an email that it was released count as a bug? :) Yeah ok, I was watching the site every day, but still.
  • edited June 2011
    1. Look at the breathalyzer only after having Office Parker chase off Edna. You'll hear his disembodied voice.

2. Call Edna on the phone after she's been chased off. You'll have a conversation with her disembodied voice.
  • edited June 2011
    I just saw some minor animation errors, like the dome in the home of the future passing thru Marty's hair. Oh and some mouths moving as if talking, but without any voice.
  • edited June 2011
    Xavian wrote: »

I had that bug too. A really confusing bug, I was stuck for half an hour at that... :rolleyes:

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF4HP6bJzGs#t=01h04m19s
  • edited June 2011
    Overture wrote: »
    OH, and during the conclusion scene, the audio of
    the Blue DeLorean was not there, no crash or driving sounds
    Also, the audio was missing from the last shot of
    them flying into the camera a la BTTF:3

I can confirm this one. I expected the woosh woosh piew crash wheeehw sound, but there wasn't.
  • edited June 2011
    Can they please work on the fact that there is no one in this world? When Trixie is on stage at the exebition and making a speech you hear giant roars of applause or laughter. And then when you get to walk around, the gym the place is pretty much empty.
  • edited June 2011
    I am at the part after knocking out Tanner and soaking Mrs. Strickland the games graphics seem to get strange and go all out it has happened to me twice so far on the same area I am wondering if anyone is having the same problem
  • edited June 2011
    The newspaper Marty has in the end that talks about Doc getting the key to the city, uses the wrong newspaper template.
    It says 1931 but its actually news from 1986.
    More details here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25496
  • edited June 2011
    Is it just me or is there no one in the Delorean in the final shot?
  • edited June 2011
    I got a bug where you are done with the flower microphone puzzle and instead of bringing it with me, I put it back in the phone booth, which made the later Edna puzzle impossible to complete as I didn't have that item with me.
    I had to replay the whole episode because of that and the second time I played through, I couldn't push any walls in the house of glass.

After restarting it a second time I was teleported from the bottom floor and up to the top floor in the House of Glass.
    Really, REALLY buggy episode and it ruined the mood for me. =(
  • edited June 2011
    railfan990 wrote: »

Also got that one, together with the glass house bug and some people talking, who were no longer there. And I've found another small one during the old Edna puzzle, which seems to be quite bug infested anyway. If you take a burning stick and use it wrongly, it will still be lying on the ground, but you can't take it and have to get one out of the fire again, which then replaces the one on the ground.

Apparenly the glass house bug has been fixed by now, although you could avoid it by not entering the glass house until you have to.

There's also a game crashing bug in the final cutscene when the camera swings back to Marty and Doc. I'd guess it's the fast wide range camera sweeps that make this happen. Apparently it occurs only if you play the game with low graphics settings and can be avoided, strangely enough, by setting graphics quality UP to about 5 or 6 bars. Usually my games crash when I set graphics too high ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Still liked the episode, though
Sign in to comment in this discussion.