Stuff to fix in Episode 5 (Possible Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Sarato wrote: »
    I got a bug where you are done with the flower microphone puzzle and instead of bringing it with me, I put it back in the phone booth, which made the later Edna puzzle impossible to complete as I didn't have that item with me.

Can confirm this one. Here I thought I was missing some obvious way to do the puzzle (like the flower pots around the trip wire, or setting up some sorta arson-related scene) until I gave in after an hour, checked the hints, and suddenly realized that I Sierra'd myself.
  • edited June 2011
    I just finally got around to finishing parts 4 and 5 and I noticed a inaccuracy in the game... (Couldn't remember which part it was though as I played both back to back)

After it was revealed that Trixie was Canadian, she says a line about poutine, but it was not invented until the late 1950's.
  • edited June 2011
    mbudden wrote: »
    After it was revealed that Trixie was Canadian, she says a line about poutine, but it was not invented until the late 1950's.

Every time there's a historical inaccuracy, just blame a certain white-haired guy in a time machine. He did a lot of time-traveling after Part III and there's no telling how many accidental changes he's made to history.
  • edited June 2011
    Man.... please dont tell me this broke the game and I have to start over!
    House of glass, after Doc does something to Emmett... I try to get to the back room instead Marty walks like hes on stairs going UP. Now im stuck!

More Bugs:
    Try raising the bathoshere after Doc is gone... Ghost speaks to you and then you get threatened to be kicked out.

Also seems ALOT of "Mouth" moving going on in the background around Parker when no one is around to talk to them.

Empty potted plant in the house too.. no wonder I couldnt figure this puzzle out... gfx was missing.

So far alot of these bugs are horrible and makes me not wanna play. =/
  • edited June 2011
    I left the flower pot in the phone booth, so I can't play her confession back for her.
  • edited June 2011
    ... and I have to start all the way at the beginning.
  • edited June 2011
    So, have all the major bugs been fixed yet?
  • edited June 2011
    ephisus wrote: »
    I left the flower pot in the phone booth, so I can't play her confession back for her.

How did u leave it in the phone booth when you have to play it to officer parker?
  • edited June 2011
    ephisus wrote: »

You click to take it back ...
  • edited June 2011
    Did anyone else have this problem? In chapter 4, I could manually save but in chapter 5, there was no option to do so. I played half way through the game and then shut down, assuming it was an auto-save set up but when I fired the game up again, I had to start all over! :(
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Did anyone else have this problem? In chapter 4, I could manually save but in chapter 5, there was no option to do so. I played half way through the game and then shut down, assuming it was an auto-save set up but when I fired the game up again, I had to start all over! :(

That's a bug caused by using an older version of the launcher to start the episode. If you make sure you start from the shortcut that was created when you installed the episode, the save function should be there.
  • edited June 2011
    I experienced two bugs:
    1) the handle in the glass house: this was solved after I installed the patched version
    2) At some points it seems my computer was unable to render the animation in time. It was shocking. Items seems to be missing. Same with voice. I even got a fatal GUI-error in Win7 and the game crashed several times. Colored dots were over the screen, the screen was shaking, ... At first I thought my videocard was broken, but I did find the cause: for some reason the chosen resolution in the game was not the same as defined in Win7. I changed the setting in the game to 1280*1024 and everything went fluent.

There is a third bug, however I did not experience it. After Marty recorded Edna and played it for agent Parker you are able to put the recording device back. You are able to do this, so it might give you the intention you need to record some other persons (eg agent Parker or Emmet's father). In the following chapter you need the recorder to replay the record for old Edna. At that time, you are stuck. There should be a check in the game after agent Parker listened to the message. After this event Marty should say something like: "No, I keep it" when the user wants to get rid of it.
  • edited June 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    That's a bug caused by using an older version of the launcher to start the episode. If you make sure you start from the shortcut that was created when you installed the episode, the save function should be there.

You...are...kidding me. Well that sucks. Thanks!
  • edited June 2011
    There are more installation/startup bugs. I use a (dutch) Win7 64 bit. Although I enabled the option to create shortcuts, they were missing after installation. I do not know whether this is a bug in Telttale's installer or in Microsoft's operating system.
  • edited June 2011
    mjbb wrote: »
    the game won't even load for me :( and i've played the rest of them but ep 4 was the same but i reinstalled ep1 which made ep 4 work. but thats not fixing it this time for ep5 to play :( and ep 3 didn't got full screen for me it opened minimized. they've just rushed the game out really they should of tested it a lot more than they have. now i can't play the last ep to finish the game grr..................

I also experienced problems. Be sure you start the game with the correct shortcut. Do not use the shortcut for "It's about time" to launch another episode (and vice versa). Always startup the episode with its related launcher.
    Another screen problem I experienced (in episode 5) was caused by the display resolution settings. It seems my computer was not able to render frames in time, voice was hanging, screen was shaking, parts were missing, ... I even got fatal Win7 GUI errors which resulted in Win7 crashes. It turned out the resolution settings in my game were not the same as defined in Win7. After selecting 1280*1024 in episode 5, which I also defined in Win7 settings, those screen issues were solved and the game went fluent
  • edited June 2011
    I got the glass house bug as well. I only got it once and it wasn't that big of a deal.

The final puzzle bug is a killer. It has nothing to do with your system because I have a fairly new system and I can play Witcher 2 jacked up pretty high without a glitch and there is no way this game is more demanding than that one. I have one of the newer i7's a butt load of memory and GTX 295 card that has never gave me trouble except for Ultra Mode on Witcher 2. It has to be an issue in the programming somewhere. I noticed that changing the Resolution back or the video settings eases this problem but there is no reason I shouldn't be able to play it this game maxed out....I am also using Windows 7...
  • edited July 2011
    I'm having the same problem with jogging Edna's memory. Finally gave up and used hints, only to realize I don't have the only item that can snap her out of it.

The game definitely needs a fix to prevent the flowerpot from being left behind.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm surprised about how many people are reporting bugs in the car chase. I didn't experience it.

However, I did experience:
    -the disembodied voices
    -leaving the flower pot behind
    -some of the dialogue muted for no good reason
    -some popping and crackling during dialogue
  • edited July 2011
    - Some popping and crackling during dialogue, was it when Emmett and his father are fighting, I heard alot there.

Episode 4 did it too when Marty and Emmett fell off the rope together, and got up and it's like Marty breathing hurt my ears with headphones on.
  • edited July 2011
    But how can you forget the flower pot? When you showed it to agent Parker, you didn't replace it in the phonebooth? :confused:
  • edited July 2011
    But how can you forget the flower pot? When you showed it to agent Parker, you didn't replace it in the phonebooth? :confused:

I showed it to Parker, yes, but when I was exploring, I realised you could place the flower pot back in the booth. I thought that you had to record another confession/dialogue. When I exhausted the conversation, I sort of just ignored it (thinking that it fufilled its purpose). I continued the game as usual until I hit the old Edna part. I knew at once what I was supposed to do but I lacked the item so I had to re-load my old save file.

This situation could have been easily avoided by a simple "Not sure what that'll do." when the pot was placed.
  • edited July 2011
    please fix bugs on dvd version telltale
  • edited July 2011
    Jacques Doutoux (or is it Douteux, both names are used in the game) is French, but when Doc's in his outfit he says "As they say in my country: Que Sera Sera" which is Spanish! Is this deliberate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF4HP6bJzGs&feature=player_detailpage#t=1538s
  • edited July 2011
    Okurka wrote: »
    Jacques Doutoux (or is it Douteux, both names are used in the game) is French, but when Doc's in his outfit he says "As they say in my country: Que Sera Sera" which is Spanish! Is this deliberate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF4HP6bJzGs&feature=player_detailpage#t=1538s

I think that might have been deliberate; just to confirm the suspicion that Doc was in the outfit.
  • edited July 2011
    I think that might have been deliberate; just to confirm the suspicion that Doc was in the outfit.

Exactly.
  • edited July 2011
    Possibly, but he says it after Marty was sure it's Doc in there.

Anyway, they should make their mind up whether the diver's name is Douteux or Dutoux.
  • edited July 2011
    Que sera sera is french as well. It's that song 'que sera'
  • edited July 2011
    Que sera sera is french as well. It's that song 'que sera'

It's actually a Spanish phrase although both "que" and "sera" exist in French (Spanish and French hold many similar words). In fact, it should've been written "Que será, será" to avoid this type of confusion. If you were to translate the saying into grammatically correct French, it would actually be "Ce qui sera, sera" or "Ce qui va être, va être". Although it's a Spanish saying, it's commonly heard in many countries.

I assume the song you're thinking of is the 1956 song, "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)"
  • edited July 2011
    If you give the algae cookies to Edna when she's
    still yelling out from the window (in the 1931 when Hill Valley disappeared) she'll open the door and take them but then return back into the house. Later when you convince her to come out, she'll have the algae cookie box attached to her hand and it won't go away.
  • edited July 2011
    Bugs I did find, I know they fixed the glass house bug, but there is more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeR7mbbmSfk
  • edited July 2011
    There's one more bug that makes the game hang for several minutes :

When you're at the house of Edna in the past, you need to activate the plant to you can replay her confession. If before that, you access the inventory and try to EXAMINE the plant, the game will hang and no description is displayed.
  • edited July 2011
    I kinda wondered why Judge Brown didn't pronounce the ü right in "fünf" although he presumably was German.
  • edited July 2011
    how do i slove the glass room bug where are the saves for that
  • edited July 2011
    mateo360 wrote: »
    It is an error that in the opening movie it shows two plaques that say the "Mind of a Degenerate Criminal" and both have pictures of Kid Tannan instead of one and another that says model citizen and has a picture of Emmett? Or is that just my copy?

Edit:
    here is a picture so I am not crazy
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/21698067@N07/5865260344/lightbox/

This was fixed in the PS3 version.
  • edited August 2011
    I posted this on my Backloggery and decided it would be a good idea to repost it. 'Cuz I'm funny like that.
    Here I go:

So, just got through the Back to the Future games. Telltale is getting better at storytelling and getting bigger and more interesting IPs. With all these new titles being announced it must be getting overwhelming for them. I'm starting to see a bit of an issue with polish I'm not used to in their titles.

Now I'm one to point out the little things that show a lack of polish very quickly, it's in my nature. This time I have some issues that are somewhat legitimate. Why does the vocal audio have inconsistent volumes? Why do whole lines of dialogue not play? Why are characters making animations outside of their context? It might be my computer, but that really shouldn't be an issue in the first place...

There was one particularly embarrassing incident in episode 4 where
    Citizen Brown has a fight with Marty and drives off in the DeLorean the DeLorean is still rendered in the scene despite having been driven away in the cutscene.
    It's obviously a mistake as Marty clips right through the car. Clicking on the car triggers an inappropriate response that shows the inside of the model. It also screws up a cutscene where Emmett appears to crash a truck into the DeLorean!

The technical issues aside this series has been one of the best written yet. The Back to the Future franchise is timeless and endearing, one full of adventure and clever humor. Everything is tied up by the end and it doesn't take itself too seriously. A perfect successor to the films!

(It was a bit short though)
  • edited August 2011
    I also forgot to mention, I turned up the graphics to their highest setting and I could see a faint black box that framed the shadows of the characters. It was clearly designed to manage the warping of the shadows when the models moved against a wall, ect.

The weird thing is that I could see it in every episode. Maybe I'm not supposed to have the graphics turned up that high, but it shouldn't be an option at all if it breaks the game!

Perhaps these issues have been addressed, but if they have not, maybe they should be taken care of for the CD when it ships...
  • edited August 2011
    That's strange, I've never seen that happen in episode 4...
  • edited August 2011
    Ok i have a idea for what to fix it's not a bug but a serious flaw,
    At the end of episode 5 on docs street theres trees and no other buildings while in the films there was a burger king and shops. so if they fix that for the disc release i will be a very very very VERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy person, and if they dont,they suck and they have no respect to the films simple as that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.