Overall Favorite Episode

Here, you can state the order in which you liked the episodes the most. 1 being your favorite and 5 being your least favorite.

1. Outatime
2. Double Visions
3. Get Tannen
4. It's About Time
5. Citizen Brown (Too Short)

I have to agree, Telltale saved the best for last.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    They were obviously saving the best for last, so..Outatime
    It's About Time
    Citizen Brown/Get Tannen
    Double Visions
  • edited June 2011
    Mine are:

1.Outatime
    2.It's About Time
    3.Double Visions
    4.Citizen Brown
    5.Get Tannen (To boring)
  • edited June 2011
    At the moment, I think mine are:

1. OUTATIME
    2. Get Tannen!
    3. It's About Time
    4. Citizen Brown
    5. Double Visions
  • edited June 2011
    1. OUTATIME
    2. Double Visions and Citizen Brown
    4. It's about time
    5. Get Tannen
  • edited June 2011
    1. OUTATIME
    2. Citizien Brown
    3. It's About Time
    4. Get Tannen
    5. Double Visions
  • edited June 2011
    1. OUTATIME (They saved the best for last)
    2. Get Tannen (Very cinematic)
    3. Citizen Brown (Solid episode)
    4. It's About Time (Come on, I wanna travel back in time already!)
    5. Double Visions (Filler, filler, filler)
  • edited June 2011
    1. OUTATIME !!! is a masterpice!!!
    2. It's About Time
    3. Get Tannen
    4. Double Visions
    5. Citizen Brown
  • edited June 2011
    1. Outtatime
    2. Get Tannen
    3. It's about time
    4. Double Vision (This one was more like fighting the game engine instead of playing the game)
    5. Citizen Brown (Hated everything about this episode. It just didn't feel like it would belong into the bttf-verse. You had to spent far too much time in the messed up time line. The whole episode should have been a cut scene of 2 minutes maximum)
  • edited June 2011
    1. Outatime
    2. Citizen Brown
    3. Get Tannen
    4. It's About Time
    5. Double Visions

2. Get Tannen
    3. It's about time
    4. Double Vision (This one was more like fighting the game engine instead of playing the game)
    5. Citizen Brown (Hated everything about this episode. It just didn't feel like it would belong into the bttf-verse. You had to spent far too much time in the messed up time line. The whole episode should have been a cut scene of 2 minutes maximum)

yeah you got soooooo right about citizien brown.. i "hated" it.. and stopt playing until 3 days ago..
  • edited June 2011
    1) Back to the Future
    2) Back to the Future Part 2
    3) Back to the Future Part 3
    4) a Back to the Future-esque dream I once had
    5) my Back to the Future t-shirt
    6) Angry Video Game Nerd's Back to the Future review
    7) Back to the Future motion picture soundtrack
    8) Back to the Future: The Ride
    9) Tom Wilson's stand-up
    10) Double Visions
    11) OUTATIME
    12) Citizen Brown
    13) It's About Time
    14) Get Tannen
  • edited June 2011
    1. Outatime
    2. It's About Time
    3. Citizen Brown
    4. Double Visions
    5. Get Tannen
  • edited June 2011
    1. Get Tannen
    2. Outtatime
    3. It's About Time
    4. Citizen Brown/ Double Visions
  • edited June 2011
    Mine are:

1.Outatime
    2.It's About Time
    3.Double Visions
    4.Citizen Brown
    5.Get Tannen (To boring)
    How could you say Get Tannen was boring? It was the longest episode!
  • edited June 2011
    1.OUTTATIME(what can i say its the best ep and it answered all our questions and the normal doc is back)
    2.citzen brown(just glad to be in 1986 and the plot of the episode i loved plus just seeing how edna screwed up hill valley just makes u want to stop her)
    3.double visions(i throught this one had lots of puzzles like the others do but the 2 things that made it number 3 was u didnt have much time its just like i need to get out of here! then once ur out I need to save doc! and then its like umm where r u doc when edna came i mean when i seen edna i throught she would have all the guards after u and then she throws u into the citzen plus thing and u brake out of the table and get chased around town )
    4.it's about time (i liked it but i throught these episodes was better)
    5.get tannen! (i throught the rest of eps was better and like ep 4 when ur in 1986 its just like oh no tannens rule hill valley i need to dodge the biffs and i throught it was a little boring during a part in 1931) but i still like all the episodes and i gave my reasons y i like episodes better then others
  • edited June 2011
    1. OUTATIME
    2. It's About Time
    3. Get Tannen!
    4. Double Visions
    5. Citizen Brown

I replayed the first two episodes about three times each. When Citizen Brown rolled around, I just found it a bit boring. The alternate 1986 was a neat idea, but all of the character interaction consisted of lots of dialogue that just wasn't very interesting, compared to other episodes. Plus you had a lot of one-shot characters that were never heard from again. Definitely the black sheep. Great cliffhanger, though.
  • Weird that there's so much hate for citizen brown all of a sudden, at the time of the release it seemed the most popular. For me

1. Outatime; so we didnt get the future but at least we got a different time period. Once it got going, the chase scene was well done as was the MJF cameo.
    2. Get tannen; culminating a lot of plotlines from the first one and had to most of normal doc
    3. double visions; beginning was very good, had some interesting puzzles.
    4. it's about time; wasn't a bad episode but was kind of boring at the start and did take a lot of time to get time traveling. Not a badly done episode, it did open up plotlines for the rest of the series
    5. citizen brown; far too boring until we find out edna is corrupt. I'd have preferred if the brief alternate timeline we see in episode 2 with the tannens running the show was more lengthy and this one was cut down to ten minutes.
  • edited June 2011
    Tough call but here it goes

1) Its about Time, OUTATIME (TIE)

2)Get Tannen

3) Citizen Brown

4) Double Visions

reason i couldnt choose between the 1st two was cause they were both great mainly they really had that deja vu feeling from the films plus MJF cameo was awesome. Get Tannen really drove the plot, CB was ok it had good moments everything kinda dragged a little till the ending. Double Visions started out good then once in 1931 it was like one step forward two steps back i didnt get pulled in as much as i was hoping for
  • edited June 2011
    From best to worst:

1. It's About Time
    2. Get Tannen!
    3. Citizen Brown
    4. Double Visions
    5. OUTATIME

The series just got worse with each installment, until it was rendered entirely unplayable by a lack of quality befitting student designers or monkeys tossing feces onto keyboards. The sharpness of the drop in each episode is astounding, simply because someone would have thought that they'd have hit a FLOOR by the third episode, but instead Telltale forged a path that involved redefining what it means to make a horrible video game, creating new lows as of yet simply unheard of in the medium.
  • edited June 2011
    From best to worst:

1. It's About Time
    2. Get Tannen!
    3. Citizen Brown
    4. Double Visions
    5. OUTATIME

The series just got worse with each installment, until it was rendered entirely unplayable by a lack of quality befitting student designers or monkeys tossing feces onto keyboards. The sharpness of the drop in each episode is astounding, simply because someone would have thought that they'd have hit a FLOOR by the third episode, but instead Telltale forged a path that involved redefining what it means to make a horrible video game, creating new lows as of yet simply unheard of in the medium.

Ok. I think everybody got the picture. You didn't like it. :p

My favo ep is OUTATIME by far! :)
  • edited July 2011
    "The first episode, that was the worst. Then the second one, that was the worst as well. The third episode I didn't like at all. After that it all went into a bit of a decline..."

I'm just curious, Dashing, if the first episode was already the worst thing mankind has ever been responsible for, how did each subsequent episode get worse than that? If you think they were all bad, fine, but I don't understand what makes each one worse than the last.
  • edited July 2011
    From best to worst:

1. It's About Time
    2. Get Tannen!
    3. Citizen Brown
    4. Double Visions
    5. OUTATIME

I think you are, once again, exaggerating. "New lows"? I think it's more of a high.

Anyway.

1. OUTATIME
    2. Citizen Brown
    3. It's About Time!
    4. Get Tannen!
    5. Double Visions
  • edited July 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    I'm just curious, Dashing, if the first episode was already the worst thing mankind has ever been responsible for, how did each subsequent episode get worse than that? If you think they were all bad, fine, but I don't understand what makes each one worse than the last.
    First of all, "Worst thing mankind has ever been responsible for" is harsher than I'd go. Humanity is responsible for some pretty bad stuff with rather unpleasant long and short-term consequences. No, this is just the worst VIDEO GAME mankind has ever been responsible for.

Secondly, you can always do worse or better until you find peak efficiency. Have a bunch of unfit fat kids run track at their highest level of energy. Their times will be bad, possibly the worst in the track history if even semi-competent runners have gone before them. Then have these kids run while exhausted. Times will plummet, they'll set a new low for the track. Then try breaking one of their legs and forcing them to do the run with crutches. Break both and force them to do it with wheelchairs. "Worst" can be redefined, so long as the new worst happens(or is learned about) after the old worst.

Third, the first episode was bad, the worst thing the company had yet produced. But it had a couple puzzles in it and the promise of potentially being the "one really bad episode" that kicked off an otherwise solid series. But it got worse with episode 2, making something that was pretty damn bad. By the third episode the badness was so overwhelming that I simply had to immerse myself in it for days, just doing EVERYTHING, to just examine HOW something this terrible could possibly be made by ANYONE. The DELIBERATENESS of the game's worst qualities was the defining factor, the one thing that made it FASCINATING in its terrible-ness. It didn't just LACK quality, it outright AVOIDED it in every possible way, almost as an experiment to see HOW BAD you can make adventure gameplay and still sell copies. It almost feels like a game designed on a dare, "Ha, I bet Back to the Future fans are SO STUPID, you could give them ANYTHING and they'll buy it in boatloads". And then someone took up the dare and plunged the thing into the ground just to show how little work they'd actually have to do. This involves not only making EASY puzzles, but absolutely REMOVING them altogether, pushing things ahead almost soley through dialogue options that you HAVE to choose to continue. They gave only limited sets compared even to Sam and Max Season Two. They gimped Marty's run speed. They fixed the camera on solutions, making it actively DIFFICULT to explore anywhere that WASN'T a puzzle solution. They made only three items in any given scene things with which you can interact. They cut off areas of the game until you accomplished arbitrary triggers. They put Lloyd in small boxes the entire time, greatly limiting his animations, and denying us that Doc Brown gesticulation. Every episode introduced new tricks to make these games worse. Every episode proved that not only was this game bad, but it was INTENTIONALLY and WILLFULLY bad, because they think the people who buy it are MORONS. They made a product SO BAD, SO WILLFULLY, that to say it is good is to actually be factually wrong.
    I think you are, once again, exaggerating. "New lows"? I think it's more of a high.
    A high for what? The medium has produced far better in terms of linear and narrative games, this COMPANY has produced better on literally EVERY front(animations, voice acting, music, game design, camera, exploration, writing) many times before this. To say this is a "new high" for anything at all, any singular aspect, other than by virtue of the sheer number of cynically accumulated dollars, is to have NO COMPASS WHATSOEVER when it comes to quality in any given area of design.
  • edited July 2011
    Guys, leave Dashing alone. He has his opinions. You have your's. I don't agree with him, but arguing with him is like yelling at a tornado not to pick up your house.
  • edited July 2011
    Guys, leave Dashing alone. He has his opinions. You have your's. I don't agree with him, but arguing with him is like yelling at a tornado not to pick up your house.

Seconded. Dashing bought the game and has every right to express his opinion. Trying to change his mind is a ridiculous goal.

Moving onto my personal ranking,

1. OUTATIME
    2. Citizen Brown
    3. It's About Time
    4. Double Visions
    5. Get Tannen
  • edited July 2011
    1. Outatime (Everyone agress)
    2. Citizen Brown (I Thought it was a really great storyline
    3. It's About Time (We waited 20 years for BTTF 4, and it was worth the wait :)
    4. Get Tannen (it's 4. because Double Visions was worse)
    5. Double Visions (Back and forth was Edna and Trixie and Emmett, it got really repetitive)
  • edited July 2011
    1. OUTATIME! - Had good pacing and a solid story right through
    2. Get Tannen - While the second half is kind of 50-goals-at-once-sandboxy, the plot leading up to it and the 'avoid Marty' sections are good. (though not done as well as they could be, I would've prefered a quick-time sequence following Marty around the square making sure he doesn't see you)
    3. Citizen Brown (second half) - Once the plot gets going, it is very good. Pretty much everything from and including the guitar battle to the end fits here.
    4. It's About Time! - While not the strongest of the series, the 1931 Town Square theme was awesome.
    5. Double Visions - Despite being largely filler waste (this episode should've been the Expo with the Edna chase encompassing all of 5, none of this silly 'running-backwards-and-forwards-to-get-a-green-light' crap) the Citizen Brown timeline stuff was largly good, as was the brief storyline bits and the ending.
    6. Citizen Brown (First Half) - Text-trees, text-trees and text-trees. This is not a fun episode to replay largely because it involves so much wading through endless options of more and more text.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.