Second season

2»

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Or, better yet, do exactly the opposite of what everyone's expecting.

Episode 1: Sam and Max save 3 separate dimensions from complete annihilation
    Episode 6: Max stubs his toe and Sam has to find a bandage pronto.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    I'd like to see Bosco leave his store. It'd be interesting to use him in another location (maybe have him wear camouflage instead of a disguise). As I type this, Mike from Spaced comes to mind. :D
  • edited April 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    I'd like to see Bosco leave his store. It'd be interesting to use him in another location (maybe have him wear camouflage instead of a disguise). As I type this, Mike from Spaced comes to mind. :D

Bosco served in Vietnam and both of his legs were amputated, rendering him virtually immobile. Actually, no, I think he has legs. ;)
  • edited April 2007
    it would be funnier to have boscos store set up like a war zone...... with razorwire, a machine gun nest, some trenches, and convert the restroom into a bunker

hes already got a good start with landmines, and grenades in his store (not to mention whatever else he has behind that counter)
  • edited April 2007
    Just a tip guys. Shouting out ideas on the forum is a good way to get them not used, because of legal reasons :)

Things like that make lawyers queesy
  • edited April 2007
    Not necesarily. A few ideas and gags from the forums directly made their way into the game itself.
  • edited April 2007
    Wickywoo wrote: »
    Just a tip guys. Shouting out ideas on the forum is a good way to get them not used, because of legal reasons :)

You might wanna read this site's fine print more thoroughly. ;)
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2007
    Actually, Lawyers will not get queesy. Since this is an official, company owned site and we accepted its Terms Of Use.

Section 5 ("Content Posted on the Site/CDA"), subsection C states:
    By posting content to any public area of TELLTALE, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to TELLTALE, Inc. an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information, rights of publicity, and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works and other media, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.

So... avoid posting ideas you may want to use in the future for yourself.
  • edited April 2007
    Wickywoo wrote: »

If we make suggestions that means we want them to implement them.
  • edited April 2007
    everyone here is hoping to see one of their ideas in a telltale game...... (for many reasons)

the only thing i have to say is that if talltale uses someones idea, i hope that they at least show the courtesy of listing that persons name in the "special thanks" section of the credits...... (even though they are not required to do it)

when i write, i use my friends suggestions all the time, and i always list them in the forward of the book......
  • edited April 2007
    My suggestion has been used by NECA for one of their upcomming castlevania figs and then there is that one time I participated in the focus group for Lincoln must die! , so I am not bummed out if they don't use my idea
  • edited May 2007
    I was thinking for Season 2 they might branch out by having them already be at the scene of the crime like in the comics instead of starting in the office. That and they might incorporate more time travel like when they went to ancient Egypt.
  • edited May 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    everyone here is hoping to see one of their ideas in a telltale game...... (for many reasons)

the only thing i have to say is that if talltale uses someones idea, i hope that they at least show the courtesy of listing that persons name in the "special thanks" section of the credits...... (even though they are not required to do it)

when i write, i use my friends suggestions all the time, and i always list them in the forward of the book......

I was just hyped to have my line suggestion included in Ep. 6, it didn't bother me that I wasn't credited for it, the bragging rights are more than enough :p
  • edited May 2007
    Oh, and if the Time Travel aspect DOES get explored, the duo needs to go back in time and defeat a giant dinosaur that looks like a man in a rubber suit.

(Why yes, I have been watching Godzilla movies recently. How did you know?)
  • edited May 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I was just hyped to have my line suggestion included in Ep. 6, it didn't bother me that I wasn't credited for it, the bragging rights are more than enough :p

I know what you mean. For episode 4, they changed something after a suggestion my brother made(I think he was the one who came up with the suggestion?) after I made a comment about something that I didn't get.
  • edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Bosco served in Vietnam and both of his legs were amputated, rendering him virtually immobile. Actually, no, I think he has legs. ;)

If you replay Episode 1 you can see Bosco in all his legy glory. ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    I know what you mean. For episode 4, they changed something after a suggestion my brother made(I think he was the one who came up with the suggestion?) after I made a comment about something that I didn't get.

That suggestion had been brought up a couple times, but your brothers feedback in the focus group really helped affirm it. That was a great focus group by the way.
  • edited May 2007
    What suggestion?
    edited May 2007
    To include the shots of Lincoln on the huge chair in the monument, putting on the hat, etc. That wasn't in the test builds of the game, and was built more or less at the last minute. A few elements existed before hand, but those shots weren't in the game for a while (the added location of the Lincoln Memorial was tough to justify and to schedule with episode 4 already being big in scope). Everyone's glad that it made it in, though.
  • edited May 2007
    I see. It was definitely a nice touch. Without it, I'm not sure if the context would have clicked, and I might have just figured "Hey, giant robot Lincoln. That's random."
  • edited May 2007
    Cutting to the memorial and seeing him awaken was my favorite part of Episode 4. :D
  • edited May 2007
    I'd really like the idea of episodes going straight into one another...but only for Half-Life 2. Sam and Max works great as it is. But a button to skip opening credits would be good.
    I actually think TellTale has been doing a good job of introducing new stuff each episode. You don't have completely different character models, but in a manner of speaking, you have new characters. Bosco changed his persona 5 times, and Sybil has a new job each episode.
  • edited May 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    That suggestion had been brought up a couple times, but your brothers feedback in the focus group really helped affirm it. That was a great focus group by the way.

True. I wans't sure if my brother helped or not, seeing how Dave Grossman was concern whether or not the Lincoln was recognizable as the memorial thingy. I'd imagine you guys talked about not having the hat before. I didn't know it was the memorial because the statue didn't have the hat.

Are you guys going to have another focus group soon, as in during the summer?
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, that hat conversation was my favorite thing from any of the focus groups. I enjoyed that the people who didnt know it was the Monument had sort of come up with their own stories to fill in the gap (I think it was your brother who thought that maybe Chuckles had built the giant robot and was powering it by Lincoln's brain - awesome).

Since all six episodes are done, we won't be having any more Sam & Max playtests in the immediate future, but we'll surely have more of them for future Telltale games a few months from now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.