Puzzle Agent 2 serial from Telltale store invalid on Steam?

Hello gentle peeps,

I just received my Puzzle Agent 2 download in my inbox, hoo-ray! I pre-ordered from the Telltale store a couple weeks ago.

However, when I tried to validate the serial number for my game on Steam, the app said my code was invalid. Is it possible to register my copy of Puzzle Agent 2, purchased from the Telltale store, on Steam?

I realize it JUST released, but I figure there must be more people who are wondering the same thing, and I haven't seen the question directly addressed yet in this forum.

Thanks for everything and the sweet puzzles!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Opuelas wrote: »
    Hello gentle peeps,

I just received my Puzzle Agent 2 download in my inbox, hoo-ray! I pre-ordered from the Telltale store a couple weeks ago.

However, when I tried to validate the serial number for my game on Steam, the app said my code was invalid. Is it possible to register my copy of Puzzle Agent 2, purchased from the Telltale store, on Steam?

I realize it JUST released, but I figure there must be more people who are wondering the same thing, and I haven't seen the question directly addressed yet in this forum.

Thanks for everything and the sweet puzzles!

No. Steam is Steam, the TT store is the store. You can add it to your games, but not use SteamPlay or anything. Only the Poker Night serial can be used on both, because of the TF2 unlocks.
  • edited June 2011
    That's a shame; thanks for the quick FYI. I would have payed an extra couple bucks to have a Steam copy. So many other games just have Steam integration as an expected bonus, I blindly expected it here as well.

Likely I'll just pick it up sometime in the future on Steam at a discount. Everyone wins!
  • edited June 2011
    I just bought Poker Night because of what you said and it didn't work.

EDIT Sorry nvm
  • edited June 2011
    I just bought Poker Night because of what you said and it didn't work.

It's actually not the same serial. You'll get two of them. One works for telltale, and the other gets redeemed here.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.