Anyone think Monosaki puzzle #512 was out of order?

First I'll say that I enjoyed the earlier puzzles in this series, and thought that you could conclude that they related to a real world concept without too much trouble.

However, I don't think I would have ever figured out this puzzle without hints. I can't imagine concluding that the sequence is the cumulative total of days of the month using the numbers alone.

Anyone else have trouble with this one? I did spend ages on the others thinking they were linear number rules. Maybe these could have had contextual hints or something to steer you in the right direction.

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    I thought it was a good one! The answer isn't immediately obvious, but seems so simple once you know what the numbers represent.
  • edited July 2011
    Maybe I'm just not FBI puzzle agent material. The first game made me feel like that a fair bit, but this one made me feel much more competent.
  • edited July 2011
    When it said "does the first number seem familiar" it hit me.....OF COURSE! It has something to do with that other "digits in space" puzzle! See? Two of the numbers are the same!

Two more hints later and.....yeah.
  • edited July 2011
    Considering I screwed up the very first Monosaki puzzle by thinking too hard, I got the final puzzle straight away. A numeric sequence usually ALWAYS has me first looking for what's the difference between the numbers, and then perhaps a multiplicative commonality, etc etc.

And knowing the solution to the first puzzle was related to a "real world" concept helped me know this one was too.
  • edited July 2011
    I just wish it wasn't the last puzzle. The Lunar Circuit one should've ended the game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.