Monkey Island Special Editions coming to stores (in Europe)

13»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Just got email from Amazon to say its dispatched, not long now :)
  • edited September 2011
    I hope play.com will dispatch my copy so il get it in time.
  • edited September 2011
    hey coolsome if its not too much trouble could u do a unboxing video on youtube i really want to see wat u get in the collection! O.o
  • edited September 2011
    Got my copy of it today! I have some school stuff to do before I can check it out, though :/
  • edited September 2011
    Tell us if they're any different from the online versions, like updated or patched or whatever.
  • edited September 2011
    Collection just turned up, simple DVD case and Manual isn't much to run home about, for some reason the manual covers not just the PC keyboard layout but the 360 controller layout, no mention of PS3 controller and its only 8 pages.

Mixnmojos quote is on the back of the DVD case which is great news to see.

Its one installer so both SE get installed onto your hard drive and a launcher which shows you the features. Trying to get some screenshots if I can.
  • edited September 2011
    Collection just turned up, simple DVD case and Manual isn't much to run home about, for some reason the manual covers not just the PC keyboard layout but the 360 controller layout, no mention of PS3 controller and its only 8 pages.

Mixnmojos quote is on the back of the DVD case which is great news to see.

Its one installer so both SE get installed onto your hard drive and a launcher which shows you the features. Trying to get some screenshots if I can.

392857789.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1315503020&Signature=0AW7cJcM8Fz0nDHZ7uCK0fJSCi0%3D

392857950.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1315503174&Signature=%2FaHEDRMGteqSFUSPGOChBcQa94g%3D

All I see are two red x's, so that means your pics may have expired. :(
  • edited September 2011
    Debbie82 wrote: »
    All I see are two red x's, so that means your pics may have expired. :(

The pics are up on mixnmojo.
  • edited September 2011
    I see them now. Thanks. :)
  • edited September 2011
    No PC version in Italy... Whyyyyyyyyy??
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Amazon.de has updated the product description.
    Sprachausgabe: Eine komplette Sprachausgabe von Mitgliedern des original Monkey Island-Teams bringt die Geschichte und die Charaktere zum Leben wie nie zuvor. Hinweis: Das Spiel ist in englischer Sprachausgabe mit deutschen Untertiteln.

So it's just subtitles for the German folks, and the suggestion of the "original team" was nothing more than a direct translation from English.
  • edited September 2011
    I see that there is no mac compatibility with the pc vers.

Well that's disappointing.
  • edited September 2011
    Turns out quite a lot of concept art, and the complete story board for the MI film is included, and it's awesome. It takes place before Secret, and includes an un-un-dead Murray, and LeChuck as a human. Guybrush is a Mighty Fisherman by profession.
  • edited September 2011
    Wow. I always wondered what a human Murray would be like.

*wishes he had money*
  • edited September 2011
    Damn my slow mail man!
  • edited September 2011
    Hmm. Something confuses me.

http://www.weltbild.de/9/Monkey+Island+special+edition+collection.html?fc=100000&tt=1&ts=1

Releasedate: October 31

???

In some other german stores you can find the same thing. Now some people are saying, this could be the version with german voice over. :mad::confused:

Whatever, why don't we get some clearly information?

By the way, the PS3 Version has a bug. Everytime you shut down your PS3 you have to install the game once again. :mad:
  • edited September 2011
    So when it says Soundtracks, it it properly done stuff? Are they on the Disc? DAMN IT HMV WHERE IS MY COPY?
  • edited September 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    So when it says Soundtracks, it it properly done stuff? Are they on the Disc?
    Well, they aren't MP3s you can just throw on your iPod... you can actually only play them through the game's launcher (and stupidly switching to another window while it plays mutes the music). There are ways though to extract the music from the data files and convert it to whatever format you like. We're discussing this over at Mojo as well.

As for "properly done", yeah, they're properly mixed, mastered and (in case of MI2's iMuse-stuff) edited.
  • edited September 2011
    Does it have copy protection? If so, what kind?
  • edited September 2011
    The PS3 comes with a free Voodoo Doll for Playstation Home.
  • edited September 2011
    I would not buy the PS3 Version. That installation bug sucks.
  • edited September 2011
    Spooky666 wrote: »
    I would not buy the PS3 Version. That installation bug sucks.

I have the PS3 version and don't have that glitch.
  • edited September 2011
    wat did u get in the ps3 version? did u get any avators????
  • edited September 2011
    wat did u get in the ps3 version? did u get any avators????

Oh Yh theres a free Voodoo Doll for PSHome. I can't find how to get the Avatars though.

Edit Damn it got the instalation glitch!!! and I cant find the free bloody avatars.
  • edited September 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Oh Yh theres a free Voodoo Doll for PSHome. I can't find how to get the Avatars though.

Edit Damn it got the instalation glitch!!! and I cant find the free bloody avatars.

btw wat online games do u got? i got black ops mw2 little big planet and ghostbusters
  • edited September 2011
    btw wat online games do u got? i got black ops mw2 little big planet and ghostbusters

I don't really play online games:P mainly cos Id get slaughtered hehe.
  • edited September 2011
    I don't really play online games:P mainly cos Id get slaughtered hehe.

XD i love playing zombies on black ops soooo wanna be friends on psn???
  • edited September 2011
    XD i love playing zombies on black ops soooo wanna be friends on psn???

I only use Psn to buy games off the store. :p
  • edited September 2011
    I only use Psn to buy games off the store. :p

XD good idea! althrough i like using playstation home btw do u live in uk? or euorpe for that matter? jw
  • edited September 2011
    Ohh, now have the soundtrack dumped to my desktop, Laserschwert I thank you and the guys in that thread, once I got the AWS file, I threw that into Audacity and was presented with all the tracks ready to dump. :P
  • edited October 2011
    Is this hardcopy version only being sold in Europe? Or has there been one released for the states previously?

I let my guard down for a second and they come out with something I want to buy. :p
  • edited October 2011
    Jenny wrote: »
    Is this hardcopy version only being sold in Europe? Or has there been one released for the states previously?

I let my guard down for a second and they come out with something I want to buy. :p

Yeah, this one is a Europe exclusive. PC games don't have a region lock, though, so you could always import it. It's worth it just for the soundtrack and the movie storyboards, in my opinion.
  • edited October 2011
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    Yeah, this one is a Europe exclusive. PC games don't have a region lock, though, so you could always import it. It's worth it just for the soundtrack and the movie storyboards, in my opinion.
    Yeah, I had to import it but it's really worth doing so.
  • edited November 2011
    Did the people who imported this in, just get it off eBay?
  • edited November 2011
    While I didn't have to import it, as I live in Europe, there are other options

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monkey-Island-Special-Collection-DVD/dp/B005CLPO1C/
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=188403

Both HMV and Amazon ship internationally.
  • edited November 2011
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    While I didn't have to import it, as I live in Europe, there are other options

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monkey-Island-Special-Collection-DVD/dp/B005CLPO1C/
    http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=188403

Both HMV and Amazon ship internationally.

Thanks for the reply, I took a look at Amazon and after getting to checkout it said that it cant ship to Australia, but I will take a look at HMV thanks.
  • edited June 2012
    Holy fuck, official soundtracks???? Woohoo!!!

idd, that i really gotta get my hands onto, if/when it gets released!!!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    idd, that i really gotta get my hands onto, if/when it gets released!!!
    The special edition collection comes with the official soundtracks, which are only playable in a program included with the bundle.

However, bgbennyboy released the Monkey Island Music Extractor which extracts the music from the extract the music from the launcher.pak file into individual music files so you can use the digital soundtrack wherever you like. :)
  • edited August 2012
    Now all they need to do is re-release Monkey island 3 and 4
Sign in to comment in this discussion.