Comments

• edited August 2011
    Dammit. I will be p**** off if this show tanks now. AMC could have just made the worst decision ever.
  • edited August 2011
    Well. At least we got one great season out of it.
  • edited August 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Well. At least we got one great season out of it.
    Two. You know how TV production works, right? Darabont's work on the second season has already been done. It seems like he fought for the show throughout the second season, AMC didn't like it, they trotted him out to benefit from his press image at Comic-Con, and then dumped him when they had no use for him. Now, I wonder how many of these battles AMC won, and how it will affect the second season of the show....I'm sure Darabont did whatever he could with whatever he was given. The practical effects, the PROFESSIONALISM of the show, the production values...these are what made me watch. Without them, I can't see this show being worth it for much longer. Maybe one more season, and then...who knows. That's sad though, it's obvious that AMC has no idea what makes this show so amazing, what makes it "work" with that precious demographic they want to mine for cash. This is, simply, horribly disappointing.

Whatever the long-ranging effects of this change in staff are may well take until a third season to really show their ugly faces though. While we might see the effects of AMC's cuts in the second set of episodes, it would be in the third, after the network found a better yes-man who isn't willing to fight for the show, when we lose Darabont's unprecedented(in cable television) talent and skill altogether, it's then that we'll really start to see how AMC's stupidity is going to hurt the show.
  • edited August 2011
    Two. You know how TV production works, right? Darabont's work on the second season has already been done.

All the scripts were probably turned in at this juncture, but the season is still in the middle of shooting. You think the showrunner, especially one as reportedly "hands-on" as Frank Darabont, would not have been influencing production had he not been shown the door? I would agree that the impact of Darabont's departure will be more apparent in the third season, if it happens, but you make it sound as if a showrunner's responsibilities end when pre-production does.
  • edited August 2011
    The local news(I live in the Atlanta area) has given me the impression that the Walking Dead is finishing up principle photography, the part that Darabont likely has the greatest effect on, this week. However, looking deeper into it, a couple other less local news sources say that scripts are "still being turned in", which I guess means these stories just refer to that particular location?
  • edited August 2011
    I'd be so gutted if this show ends up getting cancelled. I actually agree with everything you said Dashing.
    I really want this show to survive, and Darabont did great work on season 1. Why oh why did AMC have to fire him? He made the show work, with his production values and professionalism. I now fear for the future of the show.
    I am a big fan of anything zombie and it would be a crying shame if this series had to end prematurely. Perhaps I am being overly negative, but that's only due to how much I care about the show.
  • edited August 2011
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/10/frank-darabont-was-fired-from-the-walking-dead-the-drama-is.html

Further information on this fiasco. This is Bs. AMC are total morons. I have never read such nonsense in my life. I could imagine that the work environment isn't good atm which can't be healthy for the show.
    It is disgusting the way they have treated Frank. They used him to promote the show at comic con then ditched him days later.
  • edited October 2011
    How dare they fire him?? man this show is gonna end up sucking now.
  • edited October 2011
    Its not the end of the world yet.... Its a serious blow.. but you never know maybe there is some unknown that will take his place and be great... I am willing to give it a chance.
  • edited October 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Its not the end of the world yet.... Its a serious blow.. but you never know maybe there is some unknown that will take his place and be great... I am willing to give it a chance.
    This. I will continue to watch season 2 and keep my fingers crossed that the show still succeeds, even without Frank. This has massive potential and I don't want to see it fail.
  • edited November 2011
    Is AMC stupid?@! They know this is a giant fan revolt waiting to happen. It will probably end with either Darabont reinstated or a bigger nerd god like say, Joss Whedon involved to get them to shut up.
This discussion has been closed.