Very poor release

edited September 2011 in Back to the Future
This is TOTALLY unprofessional. Installation was a nightmare with all the different episodes. There needs to be an installer packaged with the complete series that installs everything properly. Additionally, I am unable to SAVE any games. There is no save option from the main menu. I purchased this game directly from Telltale. PLEASE FIX.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    It's true, the launch interface and installer is horrible. Firstly I had to be on my administrator account to even install the game. And then I can't even play the episode from my normal account.
    I never had any problems with the save games though, are you sure you played far enough into the game to get the save option in the menu?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    ChixDigit wrote: »
    I am unable to SAVE any games. There is no save option from the main menu. I purchased this game directly from Telltale. PLEASE FIX.

Hi Chix, tricksy thing is you need to use the shortcut specific to the episode you're playing, otherwise the Save option won't show up in the menu. So if you're playing episode 3, use the episode 3 shortcut to start the game.
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Hi Chix, tricksy thing is you need to use the shortcut specific to the episode you're playing, otherwise the Save option won't show up in the menu. So if you're playing episode 3, use the episode 3 shortcut to start the game.

Really? I just booted up episode 1 from the episode 5 shortcut and I can save.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Really? I just booted up episode 1 from the episode 5 shortcut and I can save.

Interesting! That was a recurring issue over in the support forum, I have no idea why it would affect some people and not others.
  • edited August 2011
    You need to run it just once from the shortcut to save, but afterwards it's no longer needed.

So starting 5, saving in 1 makes sense.
    But if you downloaded 5 and opened it with 1 (which is possible) you're screwed until you open it once from the 5 launcher too.

Which incredibly sucks, yes.
  • edited September 2011
    ChixDigit wrote: »
    This is TOTALLY unprofessional. Installation was a nightmare with all the different episodes. There needs to be an installer packaged with the complete series that installs everything properly. Additionally, I am unable to SAVE any games. There is no save option from the main menu. I purchased this game directly from Telltale. PLEASE FIX.

Must be Windows only. Mac, no issues.

I did have the save problem which was explained, and is indeed a rather irritating bug. Beyond that everything worked perfectly fine. But then, Mac doesn't really need "installers".
  • edited September 2011
    The DVD will have one installer for all the games.
    And probably no online activation but a disk-check instead.

So there none of the issues should appear.
    Doesn't mean TTG should fix their launcher if they want to use it in future games...
  • edited September 2011
    So... Just try to use Episode 5 shortcut, guys.
  • edited September 2011
    I love this game, but when i want to show it to my friends i tried to install it to my external hard drive then, when i wanted to play it it didn't work :(
  • edited September 2011
    Ehm, did you use the external harddrive on the same PC?
    Otherwise it makes sense it doesn't work, as registry entries are missing (and they are kinda vital).

Every game has that btw...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.