Which are you gettin? Deluxe or collectors?

edited November 2011 in Back to the Future
Which are you gettin? Deluxe or collectors edition? do you think $20.00 is worth it for the deluxe edition?:D

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Absolutely YES, I order it (Deluxe) immediately! ^__^
  • edited August 2011
    deluxe and yeah i think its a fair amount but shipping prices are terrible
  • edited August 2011
    Neither. The DVD isn't worth owning if I have to pay something to get it. Maybe if I ever get around to making another physical item purchase I'll tack a DVD on or something. If there's a sale and they still have Deluxe sets but at 75% off or something, I might make the jump just for collector's sake, but probably not because it's kind of like owning the best possible home video set for the prequel trilogy just because you love Star Wars.
  • edited August 2011
    NYJets12 wrote: »
    Which are you gettin? Deluxe or collectors edition? do you think $20.00 is worth it for the deluxe edition?:D

Is the $20.00 your talking about, the price of upgrading to the Deluxe Edition, the shipping of it, or both?:confused:
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Hope you don't mind, I added a poll for kicks and giggles!
  • edited August 2011
    I'm not really in a hurry to get either I liked the game.. but shipping is like $7 for now I am just fine with the downloadable episodes.
  • edited August 2011
    Would've gotten Deluxe, but I bought the game from Steam, and I'm not a big enough fan of the BTTF game to pay for it twice + shipping + 20 dollars.
  • edited August 2011
    Is the $20.00 your talking about, the price of upgrading to the Deluxe Edition, the shipping of it, or both?:confused:

the price of upgrading.
  • edited August 2011
    The deluxe edition (Tomorrow maybe?) since they said there is only 2500 copies.
  • edited August 2011
    Tornreaper wrote: »
    The deluxe edition (Tomorrow maybe?) since they said there is only 2500 copies.
    My guess is that still will take some time to actually sell out, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was a store-wide discount sale within that set's lifespan.
  • edited August 2011
    My guess is that still will take some time to actually sell out, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was a store-wide discount sale within that set's lifespan.

Yeah well I don't take chances.
  • edited August 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    the price of upgrading.

So it's $20.00 for the upgrade, and ANOTHER $20.00 for shipping?!:confused:
  • edited August 2011
    DELUXE!!!! :D
    HUGE Fan of BTTF 1-3 and the Game
    Owns the Blu-ray 25th Anniversary, and once it comes in the mail, the Deluxe Edition!!! :D
  • edited August 2011
    Deluxe, since they said there is only 2500 copies.
  • edited August 2011
    Deluxe; I'm a sucker for goodies and I loved the game. The only reason I already bought it is due to there only being 2500 copies.
  • edited August 2011
    Wow, shipping cost's are $7.34 dollars for the free DVD and it's $27.34 with shipping for the deluxe. What happened to shipping cost's? We used to get shipping via USPS for $5.00 or less. It really makes the deluxe version too pricey. Hope they change the shipping costs.
  • edited August 2011
    i owned the ps3 version of the game but i wanted that deluxe version for pc....I paid about 63 dollars for it with the shipping....and another 20 for the ps3. so in total i paid 83 dollars for 1 game.
  • edited August 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    i owned the ps3 version of the game but i wanted that deluxe version for pc....I paid about 63 dollars for it with the shipping....and another 20 for the ps3. so in total i paid 83 dollars for 1 game.

Could be worse. Play WoW or any other MMO, and pay 20 bucks a month for the same game. :p

I got the Deluxe version for all the extra goodies! :D
  • edited August 2011
    I'll get the Deluxe Edition, but I have to wait until after Sept. 3rd, so I'll have money.
  • edited August 2011
    I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition since im a huge BTTF fan, and i love the goodies to add to my BTTF collection! And ofcourse, to support the developers, i really want more BTTF games!!
  • edited August 2011
    derex wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition since im a huge BTTF fan, and i love the goodies to add to my BTTF collection! And ofcourse, to support the developers, i really want more BTTF games!!

I just pre ordered the Deluxe Edition! :D And I think that they already have plans for a second season.:)
  • edited August 2011
    Neither. Shipping to Europe is too expensive, I'll wait and then get the Deluxe...
  • edited August 2011
    I want to wait until I see some people's impressions of the deluxe stuff before I consider buying either. 20 bucks is a big difference if it's just a bunch of paper stuff.
  • edited August 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I want to wait until I see some people's impressions of the deluxe stuff before I consider buying either. 20 bucks is a big difference if it's just a bunch of paper stuff.

I'll tell you all about the deluxe edition as soon as it comes in the mail. It will be a while, because I don't know when they'll send the BTTF game and the stuff, and it says that it's a pre-order for some reason.
  • edited August 2011
    poll is a good idea puzzlebox
  • edited August 2011
    Deluxe cost me 60.84 to Ireland. Originally bought the game on the iPad.
  • edited August 2011
    If you want, you can pre-order the BTTF game for the PS3 as a disc from GameStop! Pre-ordering the BTTF game from GameStop right now( Which I did yesterday), will knock the price of the game down $5 bucks! The PS3 BTTF game disc will be released on ( ironically funny) October 25th.:)
  • edited August 2011
    Neither because Telltale's shipping cost seems to have gone up ($7 for something coming in a DVD case that's being shipped within the United States is outrageous) and I was not satisfied enough with the game as Telltale has made products of much higher quality in the past. If Telltale had actually produced something that was up to their standards I would have bought it within a heartbeat.
  • edited August 2011
    The Deluxe Edition is sitting in my cart. Waiting for the S&M discs to be added to my cart before I checkout.
  • edited August 2011
    Could be worse. Play WoW or any other MMO, and pay 20 bucks a month for the same game. :p

I got the Deluxe version for all the extra goodies! :D

hey :) what the extra goodies version contains exactly ??
    can you elaborate please ??
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    hey :) what the extra goodies version contains exactly ??
    can you elaborate please ??

From the store page, the extras in the Deluxe Edition are:
    • Young Emmett, Doc and Marty on Exclusive DVD cover
    • Photo Album: 15 portraits of esteemed Hill Valley icons
    • Doc's notebook: 6 pages with original invention diagrams and more
    • Trixie Trotter commemorative postcard

bttf_deluxe_med.png
  • edited August 2011
    ordered the deluxe one.
  • edited September 2011
    Ok I was going to order the Deluxe edition, but it says its backordered.

will there be more of it? please I really want this edition.
  • edited September 2011
    Kelloggs86 wrote: »
    Ok I was going to order the Deluxe edition, but it says its backordered.

will there be more of it? please I really want this edition.
    The DVDs are backordered because they're not done yet... that's why you can PRE-order them now ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Ah Phew thank god! I got worried a bit there thinking it was sold out already.
  • edited September 2011
    Like there really was such an option as "disc only". Deluxe all the way!
  • edited September 2011
    Whoooo! Just pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition!
  • edited September 2011
    deluxe for me :)
  • edited September 2011
    I'm a sucker for extras so I went ahead and ordered the Deluxe edition; it looks promising enough.
  • edited September 2011
    So wait, how do I get that 20 dollar deal? I've got the whole season, but I can't get the deluxe edition for 20 to appear on my order. I'm not gonna complete my order till I can see the 20 dollar charge.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.