Which are you gettin? Deluxe or collectors?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Kelloggs86 wrote: »
    Ok I was going to order the Deluxe edition, but it says its backordered.

will there be more of it? please I really want this edition.

I don't think that the Deluxe Edition is on backordered, they maybe out of them completely. Because it said on the page of the BTTF game and other BTTF stuff, that there was a limited supply of the Deluxe Edition.
  • edited September 2011
    I don't think that the Deluxe Edition is on backordered, they maybe out of them completely. Because it said on the page of the BTTF game and other BTTF stuff, that there was a limited supply of the Deluxe Edition.

I doubt it. The more logical reason why they are backordered is because they're not ready to ship yet.
  • edited September 2011
    Found the answer to my query. Make sure you're logged in to TellTale and go to the webpage with the different editions on it, you'll see the offer for the upgrade.

Woo hoo! Order in!
  • edited September 2011
    I ordered the Deluxe. I love extra goodies and if a deluxe version of a season I've bought is made available, I buy it. Perhaps I'm compensating for missing out on the Sam and Max season 1 case file. I love those tangible extra goodies.

I think the cover art of the Deluxe edition gives it it's own identity. Marty and Doc and Doc? Great Scott! Normal edition is cool but the straight mimic of the first movie's poster in TellTale style makes one think this might be just a video game retelling of the original movie, rather than it's own story.
  • edited September 2011
    Where I can check if my disc was posted?When I ordered it it says "Backorder"
  • edited September 2011
    Where I can check if my disc was posted?When I ordered it it says "Backorder"

Same place, but it'll say "Despatched" or something. "Backorder" means "on order", i.e. the discs are not yet ready to be sent out.
  • edited September 2011
    Neither, until TellTale announce the Season 3 OST for Sam & Max.
  • edited September 2011
    I wouldn't get this DVD if they paid me to take it.
  • edited September 2011
    Not going to bother getting the physical version this time. If the shipping was cheaper I might consider it, but the content isn't worth the extra cost.
  • edited September 2011
    Would really love to, but the shipping is to much to come here.

Also I ordered an item from the US before like this and ended up having to pay another £20 on an item that I bought for $38
  • edited September 2011
    I just snuck an order in - hope I didn't miss the boat!
  • edited September 2011
    Only 2500 copies being made? SOLD!
  • edited September 2011
    Like the rest, I wait for ordering till there is Free Shipping.

And if Collector's is still there, I'll get that.
  • edited October 2011
    I came here today to buy the Collector's Edition, since I've been meaning to for over a month now but just couldn't.

When the pop up showed there was a Deluxe Edition....I just had to get that. Can't wait for it to arrive.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm only going to get the Collector's Edition, and only because can add it to my cart for no extra charge when I order the eventual Jurassic Park: The Game disc.

I'm not against deluxe editions, I just didn't enjoy Back to the Future enough to warrant paying any more money for it than I already have.
  • edited November 2011
    Have someone in Europe ordered a deluxe pack? What was the shipping price? I consider purchasing but am afraid that postal costs would be too high...
  • edited November 2011
    I can't justify buying the same game twice. I purchased the PS3 version, and refuse to pay full price yet again for a PC game I already own. They should have a "send us the proof of purchase" option for us console gamers, where we can pay the shipping (also overpriced, but I'd overlook it due to the content).

I lost a lot of respect for Tell Tale because of this.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't think your expectations are fair. Telltale's free-plus-shipping bonus disc isn't something that other companies do, so there's no real industry standard to compare it to, but if you look at the industry in general it's obvious how rare it is for there to be cross-platform anything. Buying a game on one platform doesn't entitle you to play the game on any other platform, with the PS3/Steam release of Portal 2 being the only exception I can think of. Telltale's bonus disc releases have always been Telltale-store-exclusive, and have always been advertised as such from the start, because they can only afford to do that kind of thing by cutting out the middleman. When you bought the game on PS3 the money that would have gone toward the bonus disc went to Sony instead. Not saying you should buy it, I guess I'm just saying that the "lost some respect" comment is pretty harsh, considering.

Not really my goal to be a Telltale apologist here but I just think people have to be realistic. Different platforms have different perks, and that's life. Then again I'm the guy with 6 copies of Ocarina of Time and 5 versions of Myst
  • edited November 2011
    I bought Skyrim on Steam but they didn't give me the physical map that comes in retail boxes and they REFUSE to send me a PS3 and/or 360 copy, or give me a discount on the Collector's Edition! I've lost a lot of respect for Behtesda because of this. :(
  • edited November 2011
    I bought Skyrim on Steam but they didn't give me the physical map that comes in retail boxes and they REFUSE to send me a PS3 and/or 360 copy, or give me a discount on the Collector's Edition! I've lost a lot of respect for Behtesda because of this. :(

No! You should lose repect for steam. It's not bethesda's fault!
  • edited November 2011
    Rtboh wrote: »
    No! You should lose repect for steam. It's not bethesda's fault!

Dashing's being facetious. It's a direct parody of this quote:
    Ninjew wrote: »
    I can't justify buying the same game twice. I purchased the PS3 version, and refuse to pay full price yet again for a PC game I already own. They should have a "send us the proof of purchase" option for us console gamers, where we can pay the shipping (also overpriced, but I'd overlook it due to the content).

I lost a lot of respect for Tell Tale because of this.
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Dashing's being facetious. It's a direct parody of this quote:

Lol I must look a bit thick now
  • edited November 2011
    Rtboh wrote: »
    Lol I must look a bit thick now

No, more like someone who just doesn't read the whole thread, which is... well like most people.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.